PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

We need better coaching

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here in New York Daily News front page has a split pic of Rex Ryan & Bill B headlines says Dumb & Dumber. Is that an accurate ASSessment?

You know what? I forgot to serve dinner last night.
EatCrow.jpg

There's more where that came from. Btw, I love all the excuses.

Dude, you're posting in a thread called "we need better coaching". That's not an excuse, it's a reality. Now please feel free to leave and join the rest of the overweight, inbred Indianapolis hillbilly fans.

It's not done for economy, it's done because they are coaching Belichick's offense and defense and not their own and he prefers to work with personnel he's taught and evaluated himself within his system. They'd have paid RAC and Charlie to stay. They let them go because they knew they were itching for their shot (to fail I might add) and BB doesn't like to deny anyone that once they've earned it because he long worked for a guy who did.

Bill has total control and final say in all football matters here. Staff, player selection, scheme, game plans, play calling, USE OF PREVENT DEFENSE. If you want to criticize those it's fine. Just don't try and play the hiding behind the coordinators card 'cause it won't work here. If there are deficiencies anywhere within this organization they are Bill's responsibility.
Your post ties in with my first point. If you have a gripe about the

offensive and defensive schemes, point the finger at BB.

Here in New York Daily News front page has a split pic of Rex Ryan & Bill B headlines says Dumb & Dumber. Is that an accurate ASSessment?

Only for the kind of demographic they pander to who put stock in their HC calling fans up for help...

Bill gambled and lost. Rex is just in over his head and the product of lousy genitics, which for the third time since BB resigned on him makes Woody, his fan base and the NY football media the poster children for dumb, dumber, and dumbest.

Last edited:
I don't think you can absolve BB from any blame. Last year BB did
an amazing coach job. This year not so hot.

With regard to the other coaches, the Patriots have an economy coaching staff. They have coordinators who come cheap and assistant coaches who
were coaching assistants for the most part.

It's not like BB is trying to economize. He has always trained his coaches.

Remember, the Krafts hired Belichick, Capers, and a bunch of other coaches to Ass't Coach positions, so it's not like they are afraid to pay coaches.

It's just the way BB prefers to do it.

Right now the OC is a gentleman named Tom Brady.

He can't do it. Witness the confusion in qtr #4 last night. Witness the ridiculously bad clock management last week ("....well I was CALLING signals when the clock said 00:12...."). Bring back the Tom Brady who took marching orders from Charlie Weis and Josh McDaniels. THAT guy was far more economical with the play clock down the stretch.

Game and clock management is sorely missing.

Right now the OC is a gentleman named Tom Brady.

He can't do it. Witness the confusion in qtr #4 last night. Witness the ridiculously bad clock management last week ("....well I was CALLING signals when the clock said 00:12...."). Bring back the Tom Brady who took marching orders from Charlie Weis and Josh McDaniels. THAT guy was far more economical with the play clock down the stretch.

Game and clock management is sorely missing.

I'd be willing to bet a TON of money that this is incorrect.

Officially Stretched Thinnnnnn

I think we can say the shallow coaching bench has left Belicheck overworked adn stressed

He could use some help

In the Past Weis or Romeo may have pushed back but now no one willing to say NO to Bill or offer second opinion

Re: Officially Stretched Thinnnnnn

I think we can say the shallow coaching bench has left Belicheck overworked adn stressed

He could use some help

In the Past Weis or Romeo may have pushed back but now no one willing to say NO to Bill or offer second opinion

A symptom of success that very few outside NE will prolly ever acknowledge. We've been getting raped at the Coordinator level annually (just about) for the last 4-5 years. Anyone gets so much as a wiff of anyone with ANY talent (particularly those with playcaller ability), they are gone the next season, ussually with one or two of their valued assistants with them.

Hell, there are some that are even willing to take the sh!tty playcallers coming up too (i.e. Mangini). It's the price of success in the NFL.

Last edited:
When the edge rushers are tackling the RB behind the LOS, new formations are needed. On 3rd and 2, if the idea is already in BB's head that this is a 4 down situation, set up the goal line offense and let the RB find the hole...maybe a wild cat situation if Edelperson could manage.

When the edge rushers are tackling the RB behind the LOS, new formations are needed. On 3rd and 2, if the idea is already in BB's head that this is a 4 down situation, set up the goal line offense and let the RB find the hole...maybe a wild cat situation if Edelperson could manage.

Wildcat would never be an option in that situation. We wouldnt run a play that we havent ran all season in the most critical time of the season thus far. I can kind of agree that if BB knew that he was going to go for it on 4th down, why not go goaline and give it to Maroney twice or Faulk twice or even a Brady sneak. That is a good point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes