PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

We need a vet backup QB

Status
Not open for further replies.

mgteich

PatsFans.com Veteran
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
We need a vet backup QB to help out in play and evaluation each week. Each week it seems that we will be evaluating defensive backs and wide receivers. Someone like Testaverde instead of our #5 "wide receivir" would allow the team even more tryouts and perhaps workouts for other team's Practice Squad players. Even better would be sign Testaverde as a coach.
------------------------------

mgteich said:
We need a vet backup QB to help out in play and evaluation each week. Each week it seems that we will be evaluating defensive backs and wide receivers. Someone like Testaverde instead of our #5 "wide receivir" would allow the team even more tryouts and perhaps workouts for other team's Practice Squad players. Even better would be sign Testaverde as a coach.
------------------------------

If you want to bring in Testaverde as a veteran "sounding board" for Brady on the sideline,I have no problem with that(except who's going to be cut for his spot).
I think MOST fans know brady is not the problem here though.
I think your post indicates that also.:D
Brady just needs time with the new wr's and the constant injury's have hampered that.
Brady's #s will not,nor should they be like last year.
The running game should be much more effective.
Patriot's,Championship teams are made now,but not seen until nov/dec.
I like Testaverde as a sounding board,but if he has to play,I fear we're in trouble:p

I don't want to waste a roster spot on a guy like Vinny. Certainly not at the expense of Pierre Woods. Maybe Jonathan Smith, I guess, if Jackson and Gabriel can be healthy for an extended period.

BelichickFan said:
I don't want to waste a roster spot on a guy like Vinny. Certainly not at the expense of Pierre Woods. Maybe Jonathan Smith, I guess, if Jackson and Gabriel can be healthy for an extended period.

Don't worry they're day to day:p
I agree with you:)

The point is someone needs to help out in the weekly defensive back and wide receiver tryouts that will likely continue all year, and yes, Brady could use a sounding board. There are half a dozen players I would let go in order to provide Brady with a bit of help. And no, I am NOT putting our problems on Brady. I agree with him that that team will be ready for the second half. Hopefully, we will be 4-4 or better at that point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back