PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

We need a healthy Chad Jackson

Status
Not open for further replies.

BradyManny

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
I'm going to defer to the Box's and Pats1 types who actually re-watch these games with scrutiny, but just my personal (admittedly pro-CJ bias) opinion was that the offense was running a lot smoother when he was getting on the field more and more those last few games before he tweaked his groin.

Again, that's just my .2 cents with very little to back it up other than the naked eye. I know he failed to make plays in the Bears game, but like I've said a bunch before, he seems to get down field fast and draws the D's attention and people get open underneath. Again, I could be completely off-base here.

Do we have any idea as to when he will be back??

to be honest san antonio holmes for the losing steelers has made more plays than jackson this yr..jackson has run some deep routes and they have tried to throw him thats about it...i dont care if he is back or not...i dont think he brings much this yr..
mcdaniels has been inconsistent this yr but iam sure if they thought jackson would do more he wouldve done more....being injured doesnt help either to come back and play at a high level...
i think if we dont develop the short quick slant passing game our offense will continue to struggle and right now i dont know anyone else other than brown who can run those routes.

I'm going to defer to the Box's and Pats1 types who actually re-watch these games with scrutiny, but just my personal (admittedly pro-CJ bias) opinion was that the offense was running a lot smoother when he was getting on the field more and more those last few games before he tweaked his groin.

Again, that's just my .2 cents with very little to back it up other than the naked eye. I know he failed to make plays in the Bears game, but like I've said a bunch before, he seems to get down field fast and draws the D's attention and people get open underneath. Again, I could be completely off-base here.

which tapes do they watch? are they tv tapes or the coaches tapes that show the entire field?

which tapes do they watch? are they tv tapes or the coaches tapes that show the entire field?

No idea, if pats1 and or Box read this, perhaps they'll tell us - it's tough to tell much from the TV tapes except on replays.

Can't see how a healthy CJ can help us on the field. He has proven nothing this year. Now... next year, I expect some serious production from him, given that he can stay healthy.

Can't see how a healthy CJ can help us on the field. He has proven nothing this year. Now... next year, I expect some serious production from him, given that he can stay healthy.

I'm saying I think the offense runs better with him on the field than without, at least in the last few games before the injury. Granted, I have no stats to back this up, but simply pointing out that his own production is a disappointment was not the discussion I was hoping to bring about with this thread. If someone with more knowledge & better ability to analyze than I can address that point, I'd be greatly appreciative.

I'm saying I think the offense runs better with him on the field than without, at least in the last few games before the injury. Granted, I have no stats to back this up, but simply pointing out that his own production is a disappointment was not the discussion I was hoping to bring about with this thread. If someone with more knowledge & better ability to analyze than I can address that point, I'd be greatly appreciative.

i wouldve thought someone would say that the offense runs better with maroney.jackson has done jack this yr IMHO....they missed maroney last sunday more than jackson
http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/reiss_pieces/
look at the personnell on offense per play
WR Reche Caldwell – 54 of 58 plays (93.1 percent)
WR Troy Brown – 51 of 58 (87.9 percent)
TE Daniel Graham – 47 of 58 (81.0 percent)
TE Benjamin Watson – 24 of 58 (41.3 percent)
RB Corey Dillon – 23 of 58 (39.6 percent)
RB Kevin Faulk – 22 of 58 (37.9 percent)
WR Jabar Gaffney – 20 of 58 (34.4 percent)
FB Heath Evans – 16 of 58 (27.5 percent)
TE David Thomas – 12 of 58 (20.6 percent)
WR Doug Gabriel – 10 of 58 (17.2 percent)
RB Patrick Pass – 6 of 58 (10.3 percent)
OL/TE Russ Hochstein – 2 of 58 (3.4 percent)
OL/TE Wesley Britt – 2 of 58 (3.4 percent)
you think jackson who probably plays less than watson,graham,brown and makes the offense go ?

Groin injuries are the lingering type like hammys.

Honestly, it wouldn't surprise me if he didn't make it back at all. And even if he did, how much does that change his playing time? He didn't get on the field much during the small window this season in which he was healthy. Hard to see him coming back and making a major contribution now after missing a couple of weeks.

wait we need "Bethel" Jackson like people call him?

anyways CJ is a beast and i've been on his corner all year. glad to someone finally sees his talent and that he can help

Groin injuries are the lingering type like hammys.

Honestly, it wouldn't surprise me if he didn't make it back at all. And even if he did, how much does that change his playing time? He didn't get on the field much during the small window this season in which he was healthy. Hard to see him coming back and making a major contribution now after missing a couple of weeks.

Again, I thought his presence was contributing despite the fact that he wasn't putting up stats.

wait we need "Bethel" Jackson like people call him?

anyways CJ is a beast and i've been on his corner all year. glad to someone finally sees his talent and that he can help

What led you to that conclusion?

I think they should just steal some of Urban Myers plays and impliment them with CJ when he gets back.

I think that CJ has shown tons of potential...but don't really see how even his being healthy right now as being something that could help us....primarily because he hasn't had all that much opportunity to get on the same page with Brady. Brady and Branch used to work together almost every day (and alot even in the offseason) to hone that incredible connection with each other (see Montana & Young and jerry Rice.......and Even Pay-ton and Harrison) Takes a long time to get that timing there.....If he can stay healthy...and that seems to be a HUGE if with this guy...I think he has the potential to be a big time receiver for us......next year....if he puts in alot of time W/Brady

a healthy chad jackson will help, if the rest of the team got there heads out of there ass.

Jackson helped open the field for the other recievers a bit with his deep speed. He hadn't caught them yet, but he was getting open. Defenses have to respect that. You can only count on 'rookie hands' so many times. If you let a WR get behind the defense over and over eventually he's going to start catching them and burn you. Without him in, we see much more of the defense bottled down near the LOS.

Also, losing Maroney hurt much more than Jackson being out. His speed out of the backfield was a great asset that was lost in Miami.

The offense needs it's veteran players to pull their own weight. It also needs it's explosive youth back to return some of it's pop.

Last edited:
Although I say that Jackson is a rookie year 'bust' as a wideout, I agree that were he in there he could either force the D to play off the LOS or, better yet, suffer the deep TD pass consequences of not playing off. I look at NO's late round tall wideout's on the field performance and get frustrated by all the Chad hype here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes