PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

We Need a Deep Threat

Status
Not open for further replies.

ahmed

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
I thought last week it might have been the Ravens defense but we definitely need a deep threat. Why not use Tate more often, at least make him run deep once in a while? Defenses don't respect the deep threat anymore and this means a shorter field for the offense.

I know we won, though it was way closer than it should have been but think about it. We will not always have 4 turnovers. Last 2 defenses have been playing us really close to the line and they won't stop as long as we don't show them we can pass deep.

Tate is having trouble getting separation but give it some time. I did think it was early to call him a deep threat when he had caught what, 11 passes in his short career?

I thought last week it might have been the Ravens defense but we definitely need a deep threat. Why not use Tate more often, at least make him run deep once in a while? Defenses don't respect the deep threat anymore and this means a shorter field for the offense.

I know we won, though it was way closer than it should have been but think about it. We will not always have 4 turnovers. Last 2 defenses have been playing us really close to the line and they won't stop as long as we don't show them we can pass deep.
Maybe we can get somebody like Randy Moss :rolleyes:

No,we need a new LT.Matt Light is becomining a garbage.

Brady was getting thrashed for most of the game and started seeing success with quick dump offs. Exactly how would a deep threat have changed that result?

It kind of resembled the Giants defense in the Super Bowl, and the Pats had a deep threat then. The Chargers were simply getting to Brady too quickly for routes to develop.

Maybe we can get somebody like Randy Moss :rolleyes:

I am not going to cry over spilled milk but are you honestly saying that you don't notice defenses playing us much closer to the line the last two games?

The FO has decided that a deep threat is unnecessary and that we are better off without one on the team.

Tate is game fast but not a long stridder like Moss..

There was a conversation about a week ago on Sirius, (I believe) Press Coverage..
Per a source, Tate only has 4.52 speed.. Not a deep threat!

Last edited:
I am a big at a loss as to why they don't go to Tate more on offense.

I haven't really focused on him, so I don't know if it's just a lack of separation, bad routes, or what.

Matt Light has got to go....If brady had more time...he could have gotten the ball down field

The Chargers were tough before, during, and after Moss. The issues today had nothing to do with a perceived lack of a deep threat. The D-Line and linebackers for the Chargers played out of their minds and were all over Brady before any plays could develop. They consistently pushed the O-Line back on running and passing plays. Moss, or any other deep threat, would not have solved that problem.

Tate is game fast but not a long stridder like Moss..

There was a conversation about a week ago on Sirius, (I believe) Press Coverage..

You're correct. Tate is not as fast as everyone thinks.

Last edited:
Light looked five years past retired out there today....hopefully, it was the laid backness of SD that had him all kewl and stoned looking and crap because if THIS continues, Hoyer will be starting in a few weeks.

Koppen and Light need to be replaced next year.. No question about it..

& that's not disrespect.. They are on the wrong side of 30 and they've played a lot of regular season games and playoff games.. Just wear and tear

Last edited:

That source is bad, Tate has some wheels.

It's not speed thats his problem anyway, he hasn't shown that he can consistantly catch the football.

Koppen and Light need to be replaced next year.. No question about it..

& that's not disrespect.. They are on the wrong side of 30 and they've played a lot of regular season games and playoff games.. Just wear and tear

I agree. I thank them both for what they meant to the team, but there seems to be too much wear at this point. When Light wasn't getting pushed back, his man was running around him. The line has looked really good all season, however. This was the first game where the opposition made them look absolutely terrible.

That source is bad, Tate has some wheels.

It's not speed thats his problem anyway, he hasn't shown that he can consistantly catch the football.

Actually the source is good. Tate can get to top speed almost instantly which is what makes him so special but his 40 time is average.

Just like to point out that with Moss Brady has:
69.7 cmp%
7.5 Y/A
9 TDs
2 Ints
109.0 QBR

Without:
60.5 cmp%
5.9 Y/A
2 TDs
2 Ints
75.1 QBR

If your just looking at 40 times, Taylor Price is our fastest WR. I believe he was the 2nd or 3rd fastest WR/RB at the combine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes