PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

We Need a Change of Attitude Around Here

Status
Not open for further replies.

tatepatsfan

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
I am disgusted with many of the posters on this board. Of course, losing Brady is the WORST thing that could happen to this football team. HOWEVER, the team around Brady is still a playoff-caliber one.

Elite WRs, incredible depth at RB, solid O-line = better-than-average offense regardless of who is playing QB. If Cassel can avoid mistakes and even make a few decent throws like he did yesterday, we'll be in all our games.

Our defense is still going to be solid. We shut down the run yesterday - I realize the Chiefs aren't the best offense in the NFL, but Larry Johnson is still a solid RB, that Charles guy was deceptively talented, and again, we really did well on D (aside from that one over-commit by Sanders that almost cost us the game).

I am NOT saying my expectations haven't changed. I AM saying we are still a playoff-caliber team with Cassel at the helm.

And even if we aren't: I still love this team, and will get excited for EVERY GAME we have left REGARDLESS of who is playing QB. I was crushed all day yesterday, still am today over losing the best QB ever to play the game.

But what can we do as fans? We get right back up, get right behind the new guy. We cheer for him, for the whole team, and maybe the year will present its own moments of excitement.

I'm not getting down just yet. We are 1-0, with a QB who has 116 QB rating. Let's get behind the team instead of down on them.

Agreed, we do need a change of focus. There are a couple recent threads trying to discuss postives from yesturday. They are getting drowned in the negativity. :mad:

I agree completely, I will miss Brady but this season is far from over. This is still one of the best teams in the league even without Brady. So instead of winning 56-7 we win 24-10. I can live with that.

Now this is the attitude that we need to have. By the way, this team has won CHAMPIONSHIPS when they won games with scores like 24-10.

I'm excited to see Cassel with real tools and weapons and real preparation, and an entire playbook designed to match his strengths...

he has the best tools around him to be a solid smart QB.

I'm with ya. This is the ultimate team sport. It sucks that he is down, but it takes all 53 to win. I also love the fact that it seems the rest of the league thinks we are going to be a cakewalk now. Lulled into a false sense of security.

True fans go deeper then an injured qb. Last year the NY Giants won with Eli. Ravens with Trent. Bucs with what's his name. We are not done.

True fans go deeper then an injured qb. Last year the NY Giants won with Eli. Ravens with Trent. Bucs with what's his name. We are not done.

Not only that, but was ANYONE thinking the Giants would win the SB in week 1? They didn't have Tiki Barber anymore and then Shockey got hurt right before the playoffs. So much can happen. Let's just swallow the shock and rally around the guys.

Last edited:
NEWS FLASH!! both the Colts and the Chargers LOST, AT HOME yesterday!!!!!!!

The Colts got hammered by Da Bears, and the Chargers fell asleep agsint Delhomme, and he bit them.

I'm still holding out hope for a Brady comeback by playoff time, but this team, under Cassel WILL MAKE THE PLAYOFFS!! The Jets barely beat the Phins (who are awful). The only team that really impressed me yesterday was the Steelers (gee, the team who had the best draft, but I degress).

Cassel will get better each week, he has Randy Moss and Wes Welker, he has both Watson and Thomas, and we will get Faulk back this week (I sure hope you enjoyed that dubie, Kevin, because you cost us our QB!). The Pats have an excellent O-line, they will be fine.

Wilfork was an absolute BEAST yesterday!! Seymour, looked like Seymour, I thought that Tedy had a good game. I thought that Mayo was invisible, and it may be time to sit Rodney. However nothing could be more aggregious than Merriweather watching that guy run past him on that bomb at the end of the game, he is starting to smell like a bust.

But if the defense is the biggest concern, I have full faith that BB will fix it.

The Pats will go at least 11-5, put it in the bank!!!!

In the immortal words of Bluto "It ain't over till we say it's over!"

"Jets - dead man, Phins - dead men, Colts - dead men."

Animal%20House%20-%20Bluto's%20Speech.jpg

We've won UGLY before and we can do it again. We are embarking on one of the most interesting and telling years in a long time.

For those who thought we should just scrap all the vets,:nono:

We need them now more than ever. This is a tough time, and there's nobody I'd rather have in that locker room or on the sidelines than players like Bru and Rodney. They may have lost a step or 2 but who better to straighten out some rookie heads than them and players like them; some who were around in 01 and before.

We've got a deeper running game, we've got an improved D, and we've got more depth at OL-among other things.

This team will step up; I can't wait to see what they do.

One game at a time. A win is a win-1 point or 30-scrap out a W and it means the same thing in the end.

I'm disgusted as well.

Sure, there's a dropoff from Brady to Cassel. After all, Brady is the greatest of all time. But the fact of the matter is, Cassel played a very solid, smart game yesterday against the Chiefs. He made plays, and did not make mistakes. He managed the offense with finesse and efficiency.

How many teams had starters out there yesterday who didn't look anywhere near as good as Cassel? Quite a few. If not most.

This is still a damned good football team. I think Cassel can get it done. Sure, the D will need to step up, the running game will need to click, and BB will need to rise to the occasion, but a good season is still a very real possibility.

To be honest I think much of the noise is coming from the same handful of posters.

We're suddenly back to being fans who don't know what to expect. It's a big change from the fans we were two days ago when anything less than a Superbowl win would be viewed as failure. It's 2001 all over again. Time for a new superstar to be born.

Thanks to the person who started this thread. Well done.

Enough with the negativity. Go Pats :rocker:

I still love this team, and will get excited for EVERY GAME we have left REGARDLESS of who is playing QB.

This is the second thread like this. Merge these silly "Screw you guys I still love the team" threads. Nobody here has stopped being Pats fans.

Like you, we are all wicked bummed, but still cheering. We know it's a good team. But its chances of winning a SB, objectively speaking, just plummetted. That doesn't mean I don't want them to win, that I wouldn't be totally psyched if they did. But my expectations just dropped.

Which, frankly, is something of a relief.

Last edited:
As a fan, you can help out too.

I was proud to hear how loud the fans were today at Foxboro. The Pats need more of that. Let them know we DIEHARDS are still behind them 100%. I wish I could go to the home games, but I will be there @ Indy.

This is the second thread like this. Merge these silly "Screw you guys I still love the team" threads. Nobody here has stopped being Pats fans.

Like you, we are all wicked bummed, but still cheering. We know it's a good team. But its chances of winning a SB, objectively speaking, just plummetted. That doesn't mean I don't want them to win, that I wouldn't be totally psyched if they did. But my expectations just dropped.

Which, frankly, is something of a relief.

Negative thinking.

If Eli Manning can win with the 10 - 6 Giants in an inferior conference then BB and company can as well. Giants fans were prepared to run Coughlin out of town last season. Eli Manning had worn his welcome out as well.

52 other guys and the NE coaching staff have a lot of pride and unfinished business. Starting QB's have gone down before and those teams still won Championships.

After somebody posted we could still make the playoffs I realized that I never thought we could'nt. Hell yeah, of course we could still win the Super Bowl.

I have just gotten rid of all those unrealistic fantasies that may never have happened anyway. 19-0, more TD records, obsure stuff like most one handed touchdown catches over 10 yards etc.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye