PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

We Must Trade For This Guy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Digger44

2nd Team Getting Their First Start
Reaction score
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2584133

When Raiders wide receiver Randy Moss said of his team, "things are crazy around here," he wasn't kidding.

Porter
The San Francisco Chronicle reported on its Web site that disgruntled receiver Jerry Porter who was inactive for the 27-0 drugging the Raiders absorbed from the San Diego Chargers on Monday night, was seen laughing and pumping his fist on the sidelines when Raiders teammate Aaron Brooks was sacked for the seventh time.

Porter's role on the team has greatly diminished after he clashed with new coach Art Shell in the offseason over his offseason workout plans. Porter demanded a trade at the start of training camp, but the Raiders have declined to grant his wish.

Porter was slowed by a calf injury early in training camp but was healthy for the final three preseason games and was not listed on the team's injury report leading up to the game. He was on the sideline in street clothes for this game.

"As far as Jerry Porter is concerned, I really don't know where he stands, what the organization has in store for him," Moss told Fox Sports Radio last week. "So the only thing I can do is worry about the guys they're putting on the field."

Porter led the Raiders with 76 catches last season and had 942 yards receiving and five touchdown receptions in 2005.

He has not been listed as a starter all of training camp, even after the Raiders traded starter Doug Gabriel to New England on Sept. 2.

The Associated Press contributed to this story.

Wouldn't it be awesome to see him laughing at Brady getting sacked? Wow what a guy!!!!

Digger44 said:
Wouldn't it be awesome to see him laughing at Brady getting sacked? Wow what a guy!!!!
no i don't think that would be good.

sweet thread.

Don't worry, I am sure everyone is reading it and you are getting plenty of attention.

Keegs said:
no i don't think that would be good.

sweet thread.

Don't worry, I am sure everyone is reading it and you are getting plenty of attention.

lol ty Lord Favre & Beetlejuice Pic Poster Dude

Digger44 said:
lol ty Lord Favre & Beetlejuice Pic Poster Dude
no problemo chief.

So why do you hate the Porter idea besides the laughing incident, which i admit is bad...........

Also, i have no idea how reliable that source is but everyone says its not very good.

I settle for Bam, Chad, Reche, more than I want that ham and egger...

Hey, at least he's excited about the team's performace :)

I'd rather trade for Huff.

I know.

We can trade Matt Cassel and a 2nd rounder for Randy Moss and Jerry Porter.

We all got frustrated with Deion being a jerk, but some of you guys wanna bring in a guy who makes deion look tame. This is not a character guy. This is not even close to the Dillon situation. This guy is not a guy who can fit into a Pats uniform with pride of the Patriot Nation.

Digger44 said:
We all got frustrated with Deion being a jerk, but some of you guys wanna bring in a guy who makes deion look tame. This is not a character guy. This is not even close to the Dillon situation. This guy is not a guy who can fit into a Pats uniform with pride of the Patriot Nation.
I am pretty sure they can find a uniform that is his size. Lets not be silly here big guy.

Keegs said:
I am pretty sure they can find a uniform that is his size. Lets not be silly here big guy.

nope his ego is way to big. what kinda guy rejoices over his QB being sacked 7 times? why do people want him on this team?

Digger44 said:
nope his ego is way to big. what kinda guy rejoices over his QB being sacked 7 times? why do people want him on this team?
Hey i thought it was pretty funny he got sacked 7 times. and i thought it was even funnier he was sacked more times than he completed the ball.

Maybe that interesting tidbit is what Porter was laughing at.

Or maybe he was reading Calvin and Hobbs but the camera missed that part.

Digger44 said:

When you're right, you're right.

Same thing goes for Moss, unfortunately.

RayClay said:
When you're right, you're right.

Same thing goes for Moss, unfortunately.
EXACTLY ON THE MOSS THING AS WELL

i dont blame Porter for laughing..being on Raiders for a long time..your mind gets crazy and u just cant help yourself but laugh. but him laughing just made him easier to get acquired

This is a media slander story. He made a statement earlier that at the time, he was going back and forth with a fan in the stands, and didn't know the QB was being sacked.

Little detail that the media leaves out.

R

Digger44 said:

Deion is tame.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes