PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

We may have two hall of fame tight ends.

Status
Not open for further replies.
They were almost too good last night, if that's even conceivable. I think it's important to get Ochocinco into the flow before too many weeks go by or they're going to lose him mentally. He looked mighty unhappy on the sidelines. And, whether it's 85 or someone else, we will probably need someone to "stretch the field" come Playoff time, as the Jets game would remind us.

Don't worry. Chad will be fine. He's an offensive explosion waiting to happen!

Yes, it's early days for Rob and Aaron but the signs are extremely promising.

Looking back you have to wonder what the hell the other 31 teams were up to as the Pats drafted one of the best TE combo's in football. Were they awake ? Were Rob and Aaron not liked by other teams ? Steal of the century by the Patriots.

Well, don't forget the Patriots were playing "screw the Ratbirds"—they traded up to grab GRONK before Baltimore could . . . and took Hernandez one spot before Baltimore. . . . And they traded to the Cowboys who took Dez Bryant one spot before Baltimore. :D

Well, don't forget the Patriots were playing "screw the Ratbirds"—they traded up to grab GRONK before Baltimore could . . . and took Hernandez one spot before Baltimore. . . . And they traded to the Cowboys who took Dez Bryant one spot before Baltimore. :D
This made me grin :D.

Adding quality while sticking it to another team...doesn't get much better than that.

The Pats arguably have the best young tight end duo in the entire NFL. After watching last night, I think any defensive coordinator will have nightmares figuring out how to defend those two weapons and then STILL have to worry about Welker, Branch, and Ocho. Once we get Ridley and the run game up to speed as well, WATCH OUT NFL!!

It looks like the Pats will again have the #1 offense in the NFL. It's really not hard to believe that after watching Monday's game and seeing just the god-like control that Brady has over the entire field of play whenever he lines up behind center.

As far as HOF goes, the main question is longevity, if these guys can play at this level for the next 10-12 years then they are a shoo in, but health can never be predicted in the NFL. Any player is just a serious injury away from ending their careers. Speaking of, Hopefully Koppen is not lost for the season.

They are only in their second year, so let's just say they will be pro-bowlers this year. I think that is a much more likely, and immediate, prediction.

Got a feeling that both of them will be Pro Bowler's this year, really hope that we extend their contracts in a year or two.

If either one of them makes it to the HOF, it will be determined what they do in their football life after TFB, cuz probably more then half of their careers will be without him.

The play where the guy ran into Hernandez and he (the defender) fell down and Hernandez just changed his angle was classic.

The play where the guy ran into Hernandez and he (the defender) fell down and Hernandez just changed his angle was classic.
I don't think he fell down, he just bounced off him, but it was still sweet.

Hernandez had drug problems and Gronk had back issues.
Hopefully in a few years, people will be asking how everyone passed on Solder and Ras I....

Ras I couldn't stay healthy and Solder was a "developmental" Tackle.

If either one of them makes it to the HOF, it will be determined what they do in their football life after TFB, cuz probably more then half of their careers will be without him.

If Brady plays until he's 39 (5 more seasons), it's not out of the realm of possibility that Gronk and Hernandez will have, say, 4000 yards and 40 TD's each when Tom retires. And both would only be 26 by then, well on their ways to a HOF career.

It's very early and borderline absurd to talk about HOF potential for two 21 year old TE's, but their skillset is just absolutely fantastic, and they've produced from day one, so they could very well achieve that.

The Pats arguably have the best young tight end duo in the entire NFL. After watching last night, I think any defensive coordinator will have nightmares figuring out how to defend those two weapons and then STILL have to worry about Welker, Branch, and Ocho. Once we get Ridley and the run game up to speed as well, WATCH OUT NFL!!

It looks like the Pats will again have the #1 offense in the NFL. It's really not hard to believe that after watching Monday's game and seeing just the god-like control that Brady has over the entire field of play whenever he lines up behind center.

As far as HOF goes, the main question is longevity, if these guys can play at this level for the next 10-12 years then they are a shoo in, but health can never be predicted in the NFL. Any player is just a serious injury away from ending their careers. Speaking of, Hopefully Koppen is not lost for the season.

Forget best young duo, they're the best duo period!

Last year they combined for 87 receptions, 1100 yards and 16 td's as rookies. With improvement those numbers should increase and it's tough to see another team topping that type of production from the TE position.

I agree with you points about Brady and health. If these two stay with Brady it'll certain help their HOF chances.

I absolutely love these TE's..no way a team can stop them both when they are on the field at the same time

After trying lots of TE, H-back types, they certainly seem to have hit the jackpot, but if all the promising young players automatically made it to Canton it would be more populated than NYC, so let's relax.

The biggest thing you have to worry about with these two talents is not so much injury and possible arrogance from high praise but more of what is going to happen when those rookie contracts end and you have not one,but two TEs wanting huge amounts of cash.

Chances are at least one will leave if the cap is tight and can't get them both in for a long extension without overpaying.

Last edited:
Everyone also fails to recognize the obvious....our two tremendous TEs are going to be only as good as our OL gives Tom to find them.

There are going to be a few games this year where the offense sputters badly because our OL is having a bad game and Brady can't find time to get them the ball.

That's the only way to shut this offense down,crush the OL and have Tom on the ground or in his face.

The biggest thing you have to worry about with these two talents is not so much injury and possible arrogance from high praise but more of what is going to happen when those rookie contracts end and you have not one,but two TEs wanting huge amounts of cash.

Chances are at least one will leave if the cap is tight and can't get them both in for a long extension without overpaying.

Will they sign them to long-term extensions before they go to free agency in two years? They are both making less then $1M/year (both at less than $450k base salary according to PatsCap), they'll both be looking to cash in, the team got a steal if you look at production for the money they are paying them.

Will they sign them to long-term extensions before they go to free agency in two years? They are both making less then $1M/year (both at less than $450k base salary according to PatsCap), they'll both be looking to cash in, the team got a steal if you look at production for the money they are paying them.

They are both going to likely be looking at Tony Gonzalez or Anthony Gates money......that is almost impossible to keep both,it might come down to a very rough decision in a few years and I can almost envision a Franchise Tag going thier way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back