PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

WE LOST- BUT WE DiDN'T GET BEAT-THE DYANASTY WILL CONTINUE

Status
Not open for further replies.

PATSNUTme

Paranoid Homer ex-moderator
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
OK, we lost the game at Denver. We didn't get beat by Denver.Any unbiased observer would have to agree with that. We turned the ball over and we got 2 of the worst calls I have ever seen in a Playoff Game.

Denver won the game and will continue into the playoffs. They are a good team and I wish them luck. I hope that they actually beat the Colts next week.

We will not win 4 of 5 SB's. But we will win 4 of 6. The Dyansty will continue.

I love this team. I did not just jump on the bandwaggon in 2001 and I will love this team until the day I die.

Thank you Patriots players, coaches , and ownership. You have given me so much and will continue to do so.

Denver forced those turnovers, so yes, they did beat us. But i'm with you on the rest of it: NE is going to be in the thick of it next year. This game proved it.

Belichick had the game plan to win last night-- absolutely. We were executing it pretty well and mounting drives. On top of that, Denver fans believed their run game to be the #1 run in the NFL this season: we stopped it.

Denver won by forcing turnovers, not by shutting down our offense, or mounting drives we couldn't stop. NE helped them win by missing a couple great opportunities to score.

As frustrating as that game was last night, i come out of it feeling pretty damn good about the Pats.

buile-
Fan since the Stingley years.

buile said:
Denver forced those turnovers, so yes, they did beat us.

ehhh, no doubt Denver played better than the Patriots did last night... but did you see some of those fumbles?

When I see a jarring hit, or someone puch a ball loose, I definately give them credit for a forced fumble - but truth be told, those drops by the Patriots were exactly that - drops... gifts handed to the Broncos on a silver platter

Now I give them credit for capitalizing on them - but ultimately the Patriots beat themselves last night

You do realize that you sound just like a Raider, Steeler or Colt fan right now right? We lost, deal with it.

We lost, period. This season was a great effort, certainly one of the best by teams with two consecutive Super Bowls.

huskeralk said:
You do realize that you sound just like a Raider, Steeler or Colt fan right now right? We lost, deal with it.

I think my thread said WE LOST. That's-W-E L-O-S-T. What part of that don't you understand.

I won't wait for your answer- you are a complete moron- and you go back to the "dead to me" list- forever.

Last edited:
I believe the turnovers were a result playing catch up and trying to make the big play. The first was a mistake, but I truly believe that would have been the only turnover by the Pats had the official not handed Denver the ball at the end of the first half. The Pats had control of the game until that point. After the gift 7 the Pats were playing catch up and you do things that you wouldn't do that result in more turnovers. Anyone that thinks Denver out played the Pats last night are either Denver fans (who have my sympathies for what's coming for them) or Pats fans being overly conciliatory. Houston could have won last night with that officiating handicapping the Pats and forcing them to play catch up the entire second half.

Every point Denver scored was a direct result of a bad call and or a turnover.

Last edited:
JoeSixPat said:
ehhh, no doubt Denver played better than the Patriots did last night... but did you see some of those fumbles?

When I see a jarring hit, or someone puch a ball loose, I definately give them credit for a forced fumble - but truth be told, those drops by the Patriots were exactly that - drops... gifts handed to the Broncos on a silver platter

Now I give them credit for capitalizing on them - but ultimately the Patriots beat themselves last night

Brown's muffed punt was the only "gift" turnover. The other 2 fumbles were caused by solid hits and the picks were good plays.

Last edited:
PATSNUTme said:
I think my thread said WE LOST. That's-W-E L-O-S-T. What part of that don't you understand.

I won't wait for your answer- you are a complete moron- and you go back to the "dead to me" list- forever.

Yes you said we lost but you had to sneak in the "But we didn't get beat" crap that's exactly what the Steelers were saying when we beat them in the playoffs. If you want to sound like them, have fun. It's not surprising, you are an embarrasment.

Last edited:
DenverFan said:
Brown's muffed punt was the only "gift" turnover. The other 2 fumbles were caused by solid hits and the picks were good plays.

No no no, you've got it all wrong. We GAVE you that victory. Consider it an early christmas present. ;)

huskeralk said:
No no no, you've got it all wrong. We GAVE you that victory. Consider it an early christmas present. ;)

Lol, seems to be the rallying cry around here. I'm not sure when forcing turnovers and taking advantage of them became "gift wins" or "we beat ourselves". It was a good game and both teams played hard.

The Patriots will be back next year. We don't need to rebuild. All we need to do is to stay reasonably heathy.

Does anyone doubt if we had Rodney, Koppen, Light, and Blue Gay all season, that we would have had a home game last night?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back