PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

We knew this was coming

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm really glad to see that video taping defensive signals is being discussed on a par with knocking a woman's jaw to the back of her head or pounding on a 4 year old's scrotum

Although I will say that since it violated the rules which makes it cheating, I never got the shock and awe by everyone that the Pats videotaped signals that were IN PLAIN SIGHT by 60-70k people in the stadium. So I agree I don't get how it is on par with Rice punching out his fiancee.

Although I will say that since it violated the rules which makes it cheating, I never got the shock and awe by everyone that the Pats videotaped signals that were IN PLAIN SIGHT by 60-70k people in the stadium. So I agree I don't get how it is on par with Rice punching out his fiancee.

Aye but what if Walsh knocked out Ray Rice's fiancee with a camera back in 2007? Now THAT would be a scandal.

I found this line from the article as an unintentional joke:

Spygate proved to be quite a career bookend for Pennsylvania’s Arlen Specter, a junior staffer on the Warren Commission investigation into the assassination of President Kennedy in 1963.

Spygate on par with the assassination of JFK?

But it isn't now, and never was cheating. New England never violated the NFL rules. Not one whit. The violation was a portion of the NFL Operations manual which outlines the field set-up, where cameras may be placed, etc. That's why the NFL stated it wasn't cheating, and why coaches like Jimmy Johnson, Bill Cower and others stated it wasn't cheating, and was also something that every single team did.

It violated a section of the NFL Operations manual, something entirely different than the NFL Rules.

One thing being overlooked by the "See they did cover up something in Spygate" crowd is that it has been seven years and there has been zero stories, proof, or whatever of a cover up. The Ray Race scandal is only months old and it seems for the last few weeks that every week there are stories of more and more cover ups. Don't you think if there was a cover up, something would have come up now other than "Why did Goodell destroy the tapes?"?

Don't give him the clicks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye