PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

we just had a super draft again

Status
Not open for further replies.

bbell31

On the Game Day Roster
Reaction score
alot of shockers, but perfect draft for us...haters just give it time and you'll be like wow...the front office did their homework

alot of shockers, but perfect draft for us...haters just give it time and you'll be like wow...the front office did their homework
What ever you say

We better have a ******* awesome running game next year is all i can say.

In the last two years this team has just about been completely retooled..
TE's, RB's, OL, DB and Special Teams...

Seems like BB figured pass coverage was more of an issue than getting pressure on the QB last season. But a there is a strong possibility the players available to him just did not fit the scheme and would not pan out here. My gut is telling me free agency is where he is looking to find a strong pass rusher or two.

I suspect when we look back on this draft in a couple of years, people will marvel at the value BB got out of a very weak draft class. Not only did he get tremendous value, but he completely transformed the offense. The guy never ceases to amaze.

A "super" draft? No, not a super draft by any means. We got a solid draft out of one of the weakest draft classes in a very long time. Nothing to jump up and down about, but we did get some players that will make the team and contribute.

Don't you dare question any pick or you're a hater idiot!!!! BB has never once missed on draft picks EVER.

Don't you dare question any pick or you're a hater idiot!!!! BB has never once missed on draft picks EVER.

It's not the questioning of decisions so much as the irrational focus on one pick vs. the entire body of work. It's like judging a QB by looking at one pass. Oh, it was an INT. That guy must be awful. Who cares that he completes 66% of the rest of the passes or sets TD records? That pass I saw was ridiculously bad.

No one here or in the FO is able to make any type of proper judgment on the quality of this draft class for at least 2 or 3 years. We can all make guesses, but that's all they are. But if you look at the entire body of work, you have to accept that BB is pretty decent at this. He's gone out on limbs before and taken guys nobody thought we should, from Mankins to Seymour to McCourty to Vollmer.

Yes, he's made mistakes. We can point them out too. But if you only look at the bad of anything without looking at the good as well, you're not getting a balanced or accurate representation of reality.

Lets try and class it up a little. I also like the Pats draft but I won't stoop to calling people who disagree with me "haters".

those people who just can't stand the draft that BB just conducted should be called ....ummmm

unlikers ?

:eek:

those people who just can't stand the draft that BB just conducted should be called ....ummmm

unlikers ?

:eek:

"People". Or "People with a different opinion than ours", is fine. I just don't feel the need to start calling names when someone disagrees with me.

Last edited:
Only idiots call ANY draft a super draft when it takes at least 2 years for development.

Unless you are God,you don't have a fuking clue of how good or bad this draft was so why proclaim this draft was great or bad one when you have nothing to base it on with only assumption at hand.

Filling holes on a team is good but does that specific player fill the hole to excellence is another question

See me in 2013 for the REAL evaluation

Last edited:
i cant call it a super Draft i think the pats did a good job of filling out there roster but only time will tell if they picked good players

Give me three years -- then I can call it a "super draft". My first reaction is optimistic. But then it always is!

to the doubters this is merely year 2 of our rebuilding.

NEXT YEAR we target every defensive need DE OLB DL we get our rushers then

I bet 1000 bucks we get another dominant DB or S:D

1 DRAFT Away from complete DOMINATION:cool::cool::cool:

NFL here we come:D:D:D after Draft 2012 SB win in route:) I have foreseen this and it will be more than just 1

Last edited:
A "super" draft? No, not a super draft by any means. We got a solid draft out of one of the weakest draft classes in a very long time. Nothing to jump up and down about, but we did get some players that will make the team and contribute.

And when you add in the extra 1 and 2 next year a solid draft becomes super.

Wow, there has been a coup! A new Mayor of Homerville has been sworn in.

I've been holding that office for years. Step away from the computer for a little while, and someone else is sitting in my chair.:(

It's funny the draft class is considered weak now that it's picked over. This board has been salivating over a strong DE/LB class for months.

Solder is a safe pick. Not an exciting pick, but shores up offensive consistency.

The 28 pick trade is the most exciting move in the draft. Fantastic if it's usable.

Dowling, Vereen, and Ridley are typical high risk high reward Pats picks we see every year. These will be our Deion Branch's and our Bethel Johnsons.

And then there's Ryan Mallet. Makin noise and headlines without a lot of promise to contribute. Too much quality to pass up, and really represents how the Patriots draft:

The Patriots don't draft for needs. They draft for value, for better or for worse.

Last edited:
Wow, there has been a coup! A new Mayor of Homerville has been sworn in.

I've been holding that office for years. Step away from the computer for a little while, and someone else is sitting in my chair.:(

Everyone is drinking the kool-aid which I guess is better then jumping off your local bridge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots