PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

We just acquired Randy Moss for a 1st and a 4th, and gave him a $750,000 raise

Status
Not open for further replies.

PonyExpress

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
That's the way I choose to look at it.

Awesome spin on things now all Randy has to do is show he's worth his raise and a 1st round pick, and i'm sure the freak will

Think of it this way. We got a #1 for Branch who would have been gone by now as he would have been a UFA and we couldn't Franchise him and Samuel.

We traded a #1 (admittedly a different one but close enough) for SF #1 and Moss (again, a different #4 but close enough).

So I figure that we ended up with a higher #1 than we would have had (SF vs. our own) and get Moss for a year longer than we'd have had Branch.

Things were better last Sunday night - but they're pretty damn good now.

You can choose to look at it like that.
But it's not reality.
There's no excuse for losing this pick.

But it's not reality.
It is reality. If we hadn't traded Branch he would be gone. That pick was free except for losing Branch for a year. That pick basically turned into Moss and a #1 next year. We gave one up for nothing and got one for free - we're a little ahead but could have been a lot ahead.

It is reality. If we hadn't traded Branch he would be gone. That pick was free except for losing Branch for a year. That pick basically turned into Moss and a #1 next year. We gave one up for nothing and got one for free - we're a little ahead but could have been a lot ahead.

No it's not reality.
Last week we had 2 1st round picks.
Now we don't. Sorry.

But it's not reality.
It is reality. You may not like it, but we have Moss and we don't have a 1st and a 4th.

The pick will not affect our winning the superbowl this year or next. After our fifth Lombardi in 8 years (an NFL record), we will have a huge horselaugh at you and the rest of the clowns.

At that point we will not be missing a draft pick. We will be celebrating.

Sorry, chumly.

No it's not reality.
Now we don't. Sorry.
I thought you agreed to come clean and stop saying "we."

Last edited:
No it's not reality.
Now we don't. Sorry.

True, then again, TACKLIN FUEL counts for some of that

We lost a first for being unethical/incompetent, that is what it is....

Good thing we have an extra 1st/3rd next year.

1. You're wrong about the raise. The $ aren't on the salary cap.

2. You're right that 1st round picks come and go pretty randomly. It cost one to get BB. Oops, now it seems it cost two. We got one for Branch. We're evidently not getting one for Asante. And so on.

I just messaged family and friends with this perspective, it's a great one. A 1st and a 4th for RANDY MOSS?! (Especially after last week)

WHAT A BARGIN!

That's the way I choose to look at it.

or we just dumped a #1 to get more cap room to sign Moss and Stallworth to Long Term deals.

So you see Mangina, by doing us a favor, you've signed, sealed your own fate. It will be delivered very soon when the Jets masses are fed up your Mangina-eous act by 2008.

Happy trails Rat

or we just dumped a #1 to get more cap room to sign Moss and Stallworth to Long Term deals.

So you see Mangina, by doing us a favor, you've signed, sealed your own fate. It will be delivered very soon when the Jets masses are fed up your Mangina-eous act by 2008.

Happy trails Rat

Now THAT sounds like an unintended consequence. :D

Now THAT sounds like an unintended consequence. :D

Alls well that ends well my friend.

We thought we had 2007 season only with these WR b/c of cap, well maybe not. Perhaps this was going to BB the last hurrah for BB, until Mangina lit the fire and desire under him for another decade !

If SF tanks and we get a top 10 pick maybe BB can trade down to get 2 #1s.

A 1st and a 4th for Moss? Robbery!:rocker:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes