PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

We. Have. Revis.

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we stay healthy this year we're going to have multiple players who are the best in the league all on our team at the same time. Brady, Gronk, and now Revis. That's a star studded cast. Hard to imagine it losing. Even having one of these guys is a game changer. We have 3.

Has anyone proposed "Cape Revis" yet?

All I wanna know is what was said in the conversation with BB about calling him a jerk.

I think I missed it - has the reaction from Jets fans been predictably hilarious?

All I wanna know is what was said in the conversation with BB about calling him a jerk.

My guess is Bill said something like "You're right; I can be a jerk, quite often to the media; and often to players too. I hope you're ready to deal with it"

Yes Revis called Bill a jerk.
I also think Bill is a unnecessary jerk at times. But I also would want to be on Bill's team if I were an NFL player. And I'm happy he's the NE coach.

BTW, I think that convo would've went a lot more easily than Mankin's convo post "The owner is a liar" holdout comments.

I could be wrong here, but wasn't one of the reasons they dealt Revis in '13 was to avoid Revis leaving free agency and making a bee-line to New England?

It's thought by most that was part of it, along with giving up his cap hit to build depth and start anew or whatever.

Sort of hilarious considering how much money they have to spend this year, have a weaker roster than last season, and we now have Revis for what will likely end up a long term 3 or so year arrangement. lol
(or so we hope)

I'm sure the jerk comment was just part of the show business element of a hated rivalry. I highly doubt Belichick is holding a grudge, and highly doubt Revis was that passionate about that opinion.

So amped for next season so long as the injury bug is not near the horror show it was last season. Revis is like having a Tom Brady leading your defense (almost :p). The misery of Jets fans makes me feel even better.

Oh, I'm sure BB was understanding and Revis himself said he said that because of certain things BB said about the Jets. It's not a big mystery and seems easily cleared up. That said, I would have liked to hear the conversation anyway, for giggles.

Bi8y-YqCEAEYNgU.jpg

Oh, I'm sure BB was understanding and Revis himself said he said that because of certain things BB said about the Jets. It's not a big mystery and seems easily cleared up. That said, I would have liked to hear the conversation anyway, for giggles.

I don't recall the interview perfectly, but wasn't Revis smiling and laughing a little when he said it? It was more of a rivalry thing than an honest opinion if I had to guess. Jets are brainwashed to hate the Patriots and vice versa.

Just part of playing for one of these teams.

“I’m very relieved,” Revis told “Patriots Today” on Monday about not having to face Brady anymore. “I think the feeling is mutual for me and Tom. I feel like he’s the best quarterabck I’ve ever faced. We’ll still compete in practice, but I know on Sundays we’ll be on the same side, wearing the same jersey.”

“I feel like I’m at home. It’s kinda funny, but I do feel at home,” Revis said. “It’s great people here. Mr. Kraft is a great guy, and Coach Belichick — they accepted me with open arms. I’m on the other side, but I’m just trying to soak it all in and just enjoy it.”

Read more at: Darrelle Revis: I?m Relieved I Don?t Have To Face Tom Brady Anymore | New England Patriots | NESN.com

Read more at: Darrelle Revis: I?m Relieved I Don?t Have To Face Tom Brady Anymore | New England Patriots | NESN.com

I never anticipated Revis here. I always thought we would resign Talib even though Kraft didn't seem into it. The best corner since Ty Law, can't wait for next season.

I bet one of the reasons Denver was willing to overpay for Talib was because it doubled as a "make your enemy weaker" type of signing.

Then the next day we got a superior CB for almost the same price this season. So now Talib is just flat out overpaid. Would've loved to see Elways face when he heard Revis signed with the Pats.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back