PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

We have improved - has Denver?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PATSNUTme

Paranoid Homer ex-moderator
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
We all know that we have improved a great deal on D for both the run and pass rush since our last game in Denver. Also, the secondary had improved a great deal.

We have serveral important players back or added that didn't play in the regular season game in Denver.

My question is, has Denver improved since that game? If so, how? Who didn't play for Denver in the first meeting that will be playing this week?

PATSNUTme said:
We all know that we have improved a great deal on D for both the run and pass rush since our last game in Denver. Also, the secondary had improved a great deal.

We have serveral important players back or added that didn't play in the regular season game in Denver.

My question is, has Denver improved since that game? If so, how? Who didn't play for Denver in the first meeting that will be playing this week?

was chimp bailey playing that game??? he's had a hammy issue all year. when burned he always looks for someone else to blame.

kcvet said:
was chimp bailey playing that game??? he's had a hammy issue all year. when burned he always looks for someone else to blame.

As I recall just off the top of my head, he played intermittently in the first half but was out for the second half.

MoLewisrocks said:
As I recall just off the top of my head, he played intermittently in the first half but was out for the second half.

meet the new donks...........same as the old ones. paper tigers. brady should have a field day pickin em apart. their secondary sucks. and blows.

PATSNUTme said:

NO!!! not at all.

i dunno, denver gets forgotten with all the teams in the afc, new england indy pitt and cincy, denver is overlooked buy the general public i think

PatsFan24 said:
i dunno, denver gets forgotten with all the teams in the afc, new england indy pitt and cincy, denver is overlooked buy the general public i think
the donks have been under the national radar all year. they are lousy in the playoffs. i expect no less this year.

I know their running game has gotten significantly worse.

BelichickFan said:
I know their running game has gotten significantly worse.
also they picked up some D players from the browns. here in KC we pushed em up and down the field. these new players were suckin air in the 4th. brady does the same, you win.

maybe they'll get the PMC syndrome they always have each year...

PMC Syndrome: Peyton Manning Choke Syndrome...

maxhagen said:
maybe they'll get the PMC syndrome they always have each year...

PMC Syndrome: Peyton Manning Choke Syndrome...
you should post this on their board. :D

It's probably worth mentioning that Denver had one of their worse offensive games of the season vs. the Pats. Three 55+ yard plays that led to TDs, and really, that was about it. They do figure to be better on the offensive side of the ball, countered by our improvement defensively.

dryheat44 said:
It's probably worth mentioning that Denver had one of their worse offensive games of the season vs. the Pats. Three 55+ yard plays that led to TDs, and really, that was about it.

Huh?!?! How is that bad? If someone said we'd do as well on Saturday, I'd take it.

oldrover said:
Huh?!?! How is that bad? If someone said we'd do as well on Saturday, I'd take it.

First Denver possession: 3 and out. 5 yards
Second Denver possession: 6 plays. 8 yards
Third Denver possession: 97 yard drive, including a 72 yard pass.
Fourth Denver possession: 90 yard drive, including a 55 yard pass.
Fifth Denver possession: 3 and out. Negative 6 yards.
Sixth Denver possession: 80 yard drive, including a 68 yard run.

(This is when the Patriots Q-U-I-T)

Seventh Denver possession: 74 yard drive.
Eighth Denver possession: 3 and out. 5 yards.

(Patriots, led by Patrick Pass, score on offense, picking up the defense)

Ninth Denver possession: 3 and out. 2 yards.
Tenth Denver possession: 7 plays. 17 yards.
Eleventh Denver possession: 5 plays. 19 yards.

(Patriots driving for possible tying score. David Givens drops an easy pass that would have given Patriots a first down inside Denver's 20.)

Twelfth Denver possession: 3:38 left on clock. Denver gets two first downs to run out the clock.

That's 195 yards out of 440 total on 3 plays, courtesy of Duane Starks, Monty Beisel, and Chad Brown. Otherwise, the offense was rather pedestrian.

kcvet said:
also they picked up some D players from the browns. here in KC we pushed em up and down the field. these new players were suckin air in the 4th. brady does the same, you win.

What's your axe to grind, other than you obviously don't care for the Broncos.

Not the right thread, but what do you think of the new KC coach?

We were missing Bru, Seymour, Dillon, Faulk, Brown. Hawkins wasn't even on the roster. Vrable was playing ILB for the first time. Starks was playing hurt at CB. Mankins got tossed in the first half, punch to the nuts.

Those are the players I can think of that were missing or playing hurt. Any others?

They had Champ Bailey playing hurt -were they missing anyone important?

Fanfrom1960 said:
What's your axe to grind, other than you obviously don't care for the Broncos.

Not the right thread, but what do you think of the new KC coach?

they have the most obnoxious, over rated smack fans in the NFL. the know it alls. and their rippin the pats to pieces as i post. good enough???
HE should fit right in here. I wanted a D minded coach and got it. our D still has issues to solve. and we wanna run L johnson down the donks throat. and put plummer on his over rated azz.
edwards press conference is at 4 your time today.

dryheat44 said:
That's 195 yards out of 440 total on 3 plays, courtesy of Duane Starks, Monty Beisel, and Chad Brown. Otherwise, the offense was rather pedestrian.
Don't let Vince off the hook, he and Nalen were registered at Macy's. :mad:

PatsFan24 said:

Damn straight, but we don't cry about it like Brady. We like it. It only motivates us.
28919415221.gif
He can focus on his commercials after Saturday.

dryheat44 said:
First Denver possession: 3 and out. 5 yards
Second Denver possession: 6 plays. 8 yards
Third Denver possession: 97 yard drive, including a 72 yard pass.
Fourth Denver possession: 90 yard drive, including a 55 yard pass.
Fifth Denver possession: 3 and out. Negative 6 yards.
Sixth Denver possession: 80 yard drive, including a 68 yard run.

(This is when the Patriots Q-U-I-T)

Seventh Denver possession: 74 yard drive.
Eighth Denver possession: 3 and out. 5 yards.

(Patriots, led by Patrick Pass, score on offense, picking up the defense)

Ninth Denver possession: 3 and out. 2 yards.
Tenth Denver possession: 7 plays. 17 yards.
Eleventh Denver possession: 5 plays. 19 yards.

(Patriots driving for possible tying score. David Givens drops an easy pass that would have given Patriots a first down inside Denver's 20.)

Twelfth Denver possession: 3:38 left on clock. Denver gets two first downs to run out the clock.

Great post dude. But unfortunately, our offense is predicated on big plays, that's how we score. But we don't need them. For arguments sake, let's say you stop Tatum for busting the 55 yard run, and the safety tackles him after 15 yards, whose to say we dont score on the next play anyway. Its all hypothetical.

Your team lacks the talent to stop our offense. I really don't have any respect for that defense that has been preying on scrub teams the 2nd half of the season. Hype up the JAX game if you want, guess what, we destroyed them too.

But your point is well taken, NE has gotta stop the big play, but how, put 8 in the box, and we will shred that weakass secondary.

Sucks to be you on sat nite. :)

28919415221.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes