PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

We have become like Dallas fans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: We have become like Dallas fans.

MLB draft.... your kidding me right, you’re telling me the order in the draft is that big of a deal in baseball

That's your response? Seriously?

That's your response? Seriously?

what would you like me you talk to you about buddy.. there are so many things wrong with baseball it is out of control. I’m not going to go on and on about it because this isn’t the place for it, but when there is no salary cap how in the world is that “designed to create parity/mediocrity”………………… ya your right what was I thinking

Dallas fans in the early 70's, when the team was 3-2 or 4-3

In the 70's? Dallas fans, media and players are going crazy at 4-2 right now.

Quote from Cowboy's linebacker Greg Ellis on the 4-2 Cowboys...

I'm just disappointed in this organization right now. From the whole deal of it. Things just aren't going real good.

This is regarding a team that is tied for the most wins in it's conference and half a game behind the defending Super Bowl Champion New York Giants.

what would you like me you talk to you about buddy.. there are so many things wrong with baseball it is out of control. I’m not going to go on and on about it because this isn’t the place for it, but when there is no salary cap how in the world is that “designed to create parity/mediocrity”………………… ya your right what was I thinking

A salary cap is not the only means of making leagues more competitive.

Last edited:

A salary cap is not the only means of making leagues more competitive.

What do agents thrive for? The most money, and because there is no cap only the teams willing/able to dish out a substantial amount of money will acquire/retain these players. Teams like the rays have to strive without huge name players unless they are pushed through their farm system; then most of them will end up leaving soon after this season because of there success. As soon as these players hit free agency that team will be dismantled.. tell me how fair that system is

What do agents thrive for? The most money, and because there is no cap only the teams willing/able to dish out a substantial amount of money will acquire/retain these players. Teams like the rays have to strive without huge name players unless they are pushed through their farm system; then most of them will end up leaving soon after this season because of there success. As soon as these players hit free agency that team will be dismantled.. tell me how fair that system is

Who the hell said anything about fair? What's fair about punishing the successful teams by screwing them with the bad draft picks? It's not about fair, and that was not the discussion. Slanted drafts and Robin Hooding the leagues are ways of evening out results to one degree or another, not ways to some non-existent universal fairness.

And this is exactly why, folks, everyone outside of Mass. HATES Boston sports fans.

LOL I liked parts of his post:D but your response reminded me that even though we're all fans of the same team, reactions to a lot of issues and topics of discussion seem to depend in large part on where you're from and what your exposure has been. Interesting :) One of the things I was saying to Pats726 was that demographics factors into that B word debate.

"waste of a season", "a miserable failure", "should we give up on the season?"

this is like, ( i know, im showing my age), dallas fans in the early 70's, when the team was 3-2 or 4-3 or fans there acted like they were the worst team in football.

But at least those fans had reasons for their obnoxious negativity. The cowboys in those days were an annual disappointment, they had never won the big one.

The patriots have been a dynasty, 3 super bowl championships and 5 conference championships in 12 years.

When brady went down this looked like a lost season. And here they are at 3-2.

What did you all expect????

Between this and what i read from sox fans im embarrased that boston fans are living up to their national reputation.

Robert kraft, bill belichick, scott pioli, theo epstein and terry francona owe us absolutely nothing and deserve a lot more respect, gratitude, and latitude than they given by the "everything sucks" mindset of bostons spoiled rotten so-called fans.

Go root for cleveland if this "sucks" so bad.

no such thing as a waste of a season!!!

"Waste of a season", "a miserable failure", "Should we give up on the season?"

this is like, ( I know, im showing my age), Dallas fans in the early 70's, when the team was 3-2 or 4-3 or fans there acted like they were the worst team in football.

But at least those fans had reasons for their obnoxious negativity. The Cowboys in those days were an annual disappointment, they had never won the big one.

The Patriots have been a dynasty, 3 Super Bowl Championships and 5 Conference Championships in 12 years.

When Brady went down this looked like a lost season. And here they are at 3-2.

What did you all expect????

Between this and what i read from Sox fans im embarrased that Boston fans are living up to their national reputation.

Robert Kraft, Bill Belichick, Scott Pioli, Theo Epstein and Terry Francona owe us absolutely nothing and deserve a lot more respect, gratitude, and latitude than they given by the "everything sucks" mindset of Bostons spoiled rotten so-called fans.

Go root for Cleveland if this "sucks" so bad.

You obviously haven't been reading our boards the last couple of years or so. Forget about not being able to win in the playoffs, even when we are SUCCESSFUL in the regular season, there's still tons of NEGATIVE threads following a WIN. It doesn't matter how impressive the win was, or if we're 2-0, 3-0, 4-1, 12-1, or whatever...there's rarely a good thing said when we come up victorious. We even go as far as wanting to fire coaches and bench players...go figure...

THANK YOU! This is what seperates and NE fan from a midwest fan. We love you when you're winning, we'll make you a god. Why? Because your job is to win games. When your not, you will be criticized, as you should be because your 10 X richer than me because you have a purpose to win. midwest fans are like zombies, they just don't care either way. Loser mentality.

It'd be one thing if the papers were calling for Belichick's head. To say they're wrong for stating the obvious talking about Cassel's struggles or the defense is ridiculous, they're doing their job pointing out what's wrong with this team. I love my Pats through thick and thin, but to say this TEAM (OL, DL, etc.) has been terrible dissapointing this year is nothing but the truth. Anyone who expected Cassel to be a pro bowler is delusional, but I expected the team to carry him, exactly what they're NOT doing.

If you think I'm like a Dallas fan because I have high expectations (as I should) kiss my ass. I love my team, I'd never root for another. But to say losing the superbowl in the same year than going 3-2 with a team that overall looks like crap is not a dissapointment, well I think you're the one lacking passion.

Rant over, gym time.

Amen. Pointing out the truth, and wanting the best from your teams, is never a bad thing.

What do you base your charge on that fans in the midwest are zombies who dont care either way? Have you lived there? I havent found that here. People here are miserable that the Chiefs and Royals stink. They are very passionate about their sports, ever been to arrowhead? Remember what Royals Stadium was like in the 70's and 80's? And fans in the midwest are passionate about college football and basketball, something "sophisticated Boston fans" are not. Fans of the NCAA Champion Kansas team are passionate, but when their team doesnt win it all, they dont start saying "they suck" like idiots. When you turn on sports radio, they can talk about all sports from all over the country very knowledgably, as opposed to Boston fans who talk about the same pitching change for 12 hours on WEEI or cannot and will not talk about anything but Red Sox and/or Patriots.

Im from Boston, I love Boston, and Boston teams are my passion. Boston fans are highly overated. Or, more accurately, Boston fans overate themselves.

They dont deserve what Robert Kraft, Bill Belichick, John Henry, Theo Epstein and Terry Francona have given them.

Cant wait for the Ainge/Rivers/Pierce/Garnett/Allen sucks talk to start. :confused:

I don't care, I know plenty of midwest fans. Who's gonna brawl first, a Cardinal/Cub fan or a Sox/Yanks fan?

I'll tell you why the midwest has more attention with college, all their pro teams suck they need something right? In MA, it's the exact opposite. I know BC doesn't suck, but they're far from elite. Oh yeah, do you know why boston fans call up *****ing about OUR teams? All of our teams are good, all of them. We can afford to spend hours talking about them. What's good in the midwest outside of college sports? Use your head. That's funny they don't deserve anything the organization is giving them. That's real funny considering boston fans spend more than any other fans in the U.S. what ****ty fans. Those same ****ty fans also set the record for consecutive sell outs in the MLB. I dunno about you, but I watched the Celtics when they sucked, the Garden has good attendance, so how do they not deserve them?

See, if you had half a **** worth of reading comprehension, you wouldn't think I was saying the teams suck. ****, I don't see that many Pats fans saying they suck either. I see a lot of blame going around, it's pretty easy right now. Again, this team is 1 game over .500 getting their ass beat 2/3 last weeks. That deserves criticism buddy.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye