Welcome to PatsFans.com

We have a chance to reup Adam in 2 days

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by Sean Pa Patriot, Mar 8, 2006.

1. Sean Pa Patriot

Sean Pa Patriot Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

According to Tags, he says the 2 days is so we can up some of our guys we release, or say reup Adam....

2. shirtsleeve

shirtsleeve In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Go ahead and tweak the offer a tad. But if he wants to leave, let him walk. Dont bust the bank for a kicker.

3. dhamz

dhamz In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

Why would he sign it? He is 2 days from a free agency period where teams suddenly have 8 million more than they thought they would 2 hours ago. He came this far, he might as well see what the new improved market will bring. The only way he signs before Saturday is if they totally blow him away with an offer significantly more than he thinks he'll see on the open market and that makes no sense for the Pats.

4. Murphys95

Murphys95 Third String But Playing on Special Teams

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

It's possible the Patriots tendered an offer to Adam with a "new" salary cap in mind already. If that's the case, they probably wouldn't change the offer now.

...frankly I'm glad they made an offer to Vinatieri.

5. BionicPatriot

BionicPatriot In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

He'll be back. I don't care how clutch he is. He's a goddamn kicker period. He's an icon here, he will still get paid good here.

6. stinkypete

stinkypete In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +36 / 0 / -1

#24 Jersey

Perhaps, with 8 million more to work with, he'll be back. The ceiling for a kicker can only be so high.

I'm more excited that we have the money to ensure Willie's return. We'd feel his loss alot more deeply than Adam's. Re-upping Neal wouldn't hurt either.

7. PatsSteve1

PatsSteve1 In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

I'd like to see them extend Seymour and Branch. Willie I expect will be back at a lower number. I think Adam is determined to try FA. What he gets offered will say where he ends up. If not too different than a Pats offer he may be back.