PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

We have a chance to reup Adam in 2 days

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sean Pa Patriot

Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal
Reaction score
According to Tags, he says the 2 days is so we can up some of our guys we release, or say reup Adam....

Go ahead and tweak the offer a tad. But if he wants to leave, let him walk. Dont bust the bank for a kicker.

Why would he sign it? He is 2 days from a free agency period where teams suddenly have 8 million more than they thought they would 2 hours ago. He came this far, he might as well see what the new improved market will bring. The only way he signs before Saturday is if they totally blow him away with an offer significantly more than he thinks he'll see on the open market and that makes no sense for the Pats.

It's possible the Patriots tendered an offer to Adam with a "new" salary cap in mind already. If that's the case, they probably wouldn't change the offer now.

...frankly I'm glad they made an offer to Vinatieri.

He'll be back. I don't care how clutch he is. He's a goddamn kicker period. He's an icon here, he will still get paid good here.

Perhaps, with 8 million more to work with, he'll be back. The ceiling for a kicker can only be so high.

I'm more excited that we have the money to ensure Willie's return. We'd feel his loss alot more deeply than Adam's. Re-upping Neal wouldn't hurt either.

I'd like to see them extend Seymour and Branch. Willie I expect will be back at a lower number. I think Adam is determined to try FA. What he gets offered will say where he ends up. If not too different than a Pats offer he may be back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes