PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

We hardly knew ye, Barry Gardner

Status
Not open for further replies.

pats1

PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
We all just saw the replay.

Looked identical to Rodney's injury last year. Knee looked like jello getting hit from the side.

Taken off field on cart, air cast on left leg.

Hello, I.R.

All of Gardner's teammates came over and game him high-fives before he pumped his chest and was carted off.

Last edited:
Well, I guess Beisel sticks.

:( Of all the things we did not want to see happen.

14thDragon said:
:( Of all the things we did not want to see happen.

This doesn't rank very high on the list...

I don't like anyone penciled in to make the 53 get hurt.

He was better then Beisel IMHO.

But it is certianly not a season disturbing thing. Just one that is unfortunate for the guy.

JackBauer said:
This doesn't rank very high on the list...
It still isnt good. I feel really bad for the guy, it looked HORRIBLE. Maybe even worse than what happened to Rodney. :(

Surely he'll be Day-to-Day on the injury report...

That does suck to hear.He seemed like a good guy.Was definitely expecting him to be in the final 53.I pray we have no more injuries tonight.:::Knock on wood::::

That sucks man. Poor Barry. Pre-Season, to boot.

pats1 said:
We all just saw the replay.

Looked identical to Rodney's injury last year. Knee looked like jello getting hit from the side.

Taken off field on cart, air cast on left leg.

Hello, I.R.

All of Gardner's teammates came over and game him high-fives before he pumped his chest and was carted off.
that's really too bad... im afraid he's done for the year, which sucks

Mel Mitchell, Tebucky Jones and Barry Gardner... what is it about our ST mavens all getting snakebit this preseason?

All three are elite coverage guys, and now we're down to entrusting it to guys like Klecko and Beisel. This is probably good news for Alexander.

Just got back from the game.

It was even worse seeing it in person - almost right in front of me. His whole lower leg was flopping at weird angles as he rolled on the ground, until the staff came and stabilized it. My girlfriend was getting beer at the time and missed it, thank god. I've seen all kinds of breaks (and gotten a few of my own), and it still turns my stomach.

Giants crowd was classy, applauding as he was taken off. Also, several Giants came over to the cart to wish him well as it passed by the bench.

R

I think we've been pretty lucky on the injury front in the off-season. Harrison is back. Kaycur, Light and Koppen are back. Bruschi is out, but will be back. Gay is back. Dillon is back healthy.
------------------------------------

mgteich said:
I think we've been pretty lucky on the injury front in the off-season. Harrison is back. Kaycur, Light and Koppen are back. Bruschi is out, but will be back. Gay is back. Dillon is back healthy.
------------------------------------

not so sure bout that last part
i def saw dillon turn his back to defenders last week as he did last year

anyway back to gardener, he was going to be our third ilb behind vrabel and seau, and when bru returned i think vrabel will move back outside and he would remain third
now, our third ilb will be either don davis, alexander, beisel (yuch), or izzo, lol

yikes

please bellioli go get donnie edwards

njpatsfan said:
Just got back from the game.

It was even worse seeing it in person - almost right in front of me. His whole lower leg was flopping at weird angles as he rolled on the ground, until the staff came and stabilized it. My girlfriend was getting beer at the time and missed it, thank god. I've seen all kinds of breaks (and gotten a few of my own), and it still turns my stomach.

Giants crowd was classy, applauding as he was taken off. Also, several Giants came over to the cart to wish him well as it passed by the bench.

R

How horrible. How completely and totally horrible. So from seeing that you think it's multiple breaks in the lower bones, or the knee ALA Rodney?

That was a fracture of the Tibia and Fibula(Theisman)

Rodney was Ligaments(3)ACL,PCL,MCL

Possible Ligament damage too,because of the flopping factor.

I hope they keep Mincey or Alexander,rather than Biesel.

pity. he was going to make the roster imho

bad...

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes