PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

We got spoiled

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sivy

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Lets face it my fellow pats fans, this season has spoiled us. I know I wasnt the only won on the edge of my seat yesterday, instead of the typical laying back in the couch, half sleeping while watching cassel hand off the ball in the 4th. We've gotten use to blowing everyone out, that we forgot what makes this team so great. Lets not forgot that Tom Brady is as good as he is for the reason we saw last night. He's the man we know can get us out of a hole when we really need it. Honestly, I think we needed this type of win, seems like it'll re-fuel the tank for the rest of the season.

All I'm saying is I'd hate to be two teams right now

The Patriots for the practice week they are about to go through

and the Ravens, come on now, the next team in line is gonna be the vitcim of a strong statement.

Lets face it my fellow pats fans, this season has spoiled us. I know I wasnt the only won on the edge of my seat yesterday, instead of the typical laying back in the couch, half sleeping while watching cassel hand off the ball in the 4th. We've gotten use to blowing everyone out, that we forgot what makes this team so great. Lets not forgot that Tom Brady is as good as he is for the reason we saw last night. He's the man we know can get us out of a hole when we really need it. Honestly, I think we needed this type of win, seems like it'll re-fuel the tank for the rest of the season.

and the Ravens, come on now, the next team in line is gonna be the vitcim of a strong statement.

If you were suprised by yesterdays game then you need to stop listening to the media hype and listen to the team. Its the media thats labeling this team the greatest ever, not the team. The media is on a crusade to label these pats all sorts of things and if you buy into it, you are depressed, disapointed, etc... This team will have close games and as we have seen blow out games. Any given Sunday.

If you were suprised by yesterdays game then you need to stop listening to the media hype and listen to the team. Its the media thats labeling this team the greatest ever, not the team. The media is on a crusade to label these pats all sorts of things and if you buy into it, you are depressed, disapointed, etc... This team will have close games and as we have seen blow out games. Any given Sunday.

I dont listen to the media, I usualy just come on here to get my pats fix. But, dont tell me you havent gotten use to the fact that we've been blowing teams to hell this year. I know everyone on here like to think they are a part of the coaching staff with all the "one game at a time" "we aint the best ever talk" but me? Im honest and I say we are the best ever, and I do look forward to games 3-4 weeks ahead, and I expect every single one of them to be a total blow out.

and that has nothing to do with what the media says.

I dont listen to the media, I usualy just come on here to get my pats fix. But, dont tell me you havent gotten use to the fact that we've been blowing teams to hell this year. I know everyone on here like to think they are a part of the coaching staff with all the "one game at a time" "we aint the best ever talk" but me? Im honest and I say we are the best ever, and I do look forward to games 3-4 weeks ahead, and I expect every single one of them to be a total blow out.

How DARE you come on this messageboard and express your opinions! :rolleyes:

I, too, began to believe the media hype, and I'm mad at myself for it. I thought Feeley might be an upgrade over McNabb, based on McNabb's injuries and inconsistent play this year, but I fell into line with Vegas and the media and looked forward to another drubbing.

It'll be interesting to see what NE can do against Baltimore.

I will completely agree on that and am ready for my serving of humble pie.

I admit it, guilty as charged.

Last night was a good thing for both the team and the fans. Nothing like a "close one" to return one's feet back to earth.

I will completely agree on that and am ready for my serving of humble pie.

yes, humble pie all around. i like my with strawberrys.

Mcnabs time in philly is limited.

I'm betting it won't be as bad as all that - BB won't have to work very hard to get the troops humble this week. I think most everyone knows that wasn't their best effort Sunday night. There should be plenty of self-generated Humble Pie at practice this week.

And I'm hoping he gives Welker (and maybe Brady) a few days off from practice - they took a lot of hits last night.

Brady will get his time off, as he gets every day of practice.

I'm betting it won't be as bad as all that - BB won't have to work very hard to get the troops humble this week. I think most everyone knows that wasn't their best effort Sunday night. There should be plenty of self-generated Humble Pie at practice this week.

And I'm hoping he gives Welker (and maybe Brady) a few days off from practice - they took a lot of hits last night.

Last edited:
Yeah I was definitely spoiled by this team's success. Humble pie over here please. I factored in Westbrook and Mcnabb as worth about 20 points. Did not know that Feeley coming in would boost the Eagles offense for another +8 points. Totally didn't expect that.

And I also didn't think the Eagles defense would play as well as they did. I expected the Pats to score around 40 points easily (45 to be exact). I guess I didn't credit the Eagles defensive gameplan enough.

Well what this game does is allow the coaches to really look things over, think about the mistakes, then make corrections. Hopefully we will see more of a running game against Baltimore and Pittsburgh. Not the "run your head into a birckwall" type of running game, but the run enough to "keep them honest." This Pats O needs balance to work at its best.

I'm sure this was a wakeup call for the players as well. I saw sideline shots of the Patriots players shaking their heads like, "Wow we're behind against the Eagles? What are we doing?" Now they KNOW what they need to do to avoid that feeling. I think the Pats will have a great practice this week and will return to their usual "highly focused" ways against Baltimore.

Last edited:

Patsfan#37 - please remove your sig pic. If that's not a jinx, I don't know what is!

I think the Pats have become a little overconfident. And I was surprised by Feely's performance - better than Mcnabb's. If Feely hadn't been intercepted 3 times, the Pats might have lost.
The only contest coming up that might give Pats grief is against the Steelers. But then after the Jets beat the Steelers, maybe they're not so hot.

I've watched the Patriots play these types of games before, I thought I was used to the "win ugly" type of game. But yeah I have to admit, I was surprised, and at times even shocked, with how the game played out. Only because this year's teams felt so different from its predecessors. I'm just really grateful that we were able to see some more humble pie being fed without it resulting in a loss.

I've watched the Patriots play these types of games before, I thought I was used to the "win ugly" type of game. But yeah I have to admit, I was surprised, and at times even shocked, with how the game played out. Only because this year's teams felt so different from its predecessors. I'm just really grateful that we were able to see some more humble pie being fed without it resulting in a loss.

I agree, I think it could turn out to be good for the team. I was screaming at the tv, begging belichick to "steal someones soul, or sacrafice a baby" or whatever he does to make them do so well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots