PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

We got all that we could...accept it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Didn't you imply like 1.3 nanoseconds ago, that getting rid of Vrabel in this trade was a very bad thing?

Now I stand by my "off your meds" comment. Schizophrenia it starting to menifest itself :confused3:

You do realize that you are saying the same things as Curran right? :rolleyes:

First of all, I don't care what Tom Curran is saying. He lost all credibility with me when he butchered the reporting on Tom Brady's injury.

You can stand by whatever thoughts are running through your mind, I don't care about that either. You clearly didn't read what I was replying to and you didn't comprehend that I was putting myself in Belichick's shoes. That doesn't have to mean I agree with the trade. I think that Vrabel, as a through in, was dumb. But it would support the idea that BB and Kraft did it for a favor later on when the CBA was being re-negotiated.

So, do me a favor. Stop replying to my posts until you can do something other than look at a situation from one point of view.

and if you think you're smarter than Belichick your brains are in your crack ... the fool factor in this forum is out of control.

Last time I checked LB'ers run with their legs and not their shoulders ... Vrabel is lucky if he can beat Wilfork in the 40.

IcyPatriot - you are talking foolishness and clearly have never had a shoulder injury and you don't understand how it can impede the rest of your body movement.

First of all, on the pass rush, Vrabel isn't just using his legs. He's also using his arms to either club, swim or duck under the opposing tackle. If he was playing with a bum shoulder, then all three of those move will cause pain in that shoulder and slow him down some. Even if its the other shoulder, there is jarring that takes place that causes pain. Even if you'd never watched the game, but had watched the LBers go through their rushing drills at the combine, you'd have seen this.

So, before telling other people that they are on crack you might want to know what you are talking about because all you did was show how little you know about playing OLB and the demands that it requires.

[I]"I have been watching how the Pats and Krafts do business. And Kraft has taken lesser deals to strengthen bonds between himself and other figures for future use. And considering that the Hunt family will be playing a big role in the upcoming CBA negotiations, I could see Kraft OK'ing this deal for future leverage."[/I]

The very definition of leverage is controlling something that someone else wants. They already HAVE Cassel. Possibly the word you're looking for is "influence"

[I]"You already proved yourself the fool in your initial post. You just don't have much in the way of business understanding as you think you do."[/I]

I owned 4 thriving businesses....at once.... before I sold them for obscene amounts before the economic downturn started. Something I saw coming from a mile away. I do understand how business and business relationships work. What do you do for a living? I see that you're the burger time champion. How does that pay? (you're the one who made this personal don't forget)

"Bruschi clearly thought so in his email reply to Mike Reiss. Or didn't you bother to read that?"

How would you feel after learning you have to say goodbye to one of your best friends?

"Is there a chance? Yep. Just like there is a chance that I'll win the MegaMillions tonight since I bought tickets. Doesn't mean that its likely to happen. And, considering that the Pats would actually be giving up 4 years (1 player) to add 1 year to another player, it makes it look even worse."

"So, you're saying there's a chance?"...sorry, I love my movie quotes :p
But seriously.. are you implying that you have the same chances to win the lottery as BB does in moving around in the draft? :eat2::rofl:

"If you stopped and thought about the other business ramifications you would understand that favors can come in all sorts of shapes and sizes and that there could be more here than you or I know that is going on."

My whole post was about how we have no idea exactly what was going on.

"Now, that being said. I am fairly certain that the league offices are closed on the weekends and there still stands a chance that there is a conditional pick involved. If so, then this deal is fine by me and there was no other favors involved."

The deal has already been officially anounced by both teams. You don't need the league offices to be open for that. Does that mean the trade might not be official until the paperwork is filed on Monday? sure. But that would also be the biggest reneg in history. How would that be building a relationship with KC?

I do agree that building a relationship "might" have had a part in accepting a little less...say leaving out a 5th or 6th round pick, (the same way the pats threw in a 7th for welker on top of the 2nd that was required, so they wouldn't piss off the Dolphins by signing him as an RFA with a 2nd round tender)... but I would never agree that BB/Kraft would take it in the shorts just so somebody would like them. They aren't a kid on the playground handing out candy so the other kids will think they're cool.

Seriously, I don't want this to be an argument. You started it by getting personal, but I'm going to end it by saying that I still respect alot of your views on this board.

You keep on being miserable about this, if you want to... I'm done.

Last edited:
There are other options.. fact is he was given away for nothing..

You're the one should said the Patriots should have cut him instead.

Ok what other options? - like trading him? And trading him for nothing is the point. No cap hit with a trade. You gain by a trade in and of itself.

The very definition of leverage is controlling something that someone else wants. They already HAVE Cassel. Possibly the word you're looking for is "influence"
Leverage was the wrong word. And its more than just influence. Its a political bargaining chip.

I owned 4 thriving businesses....at once.... before I sold them for obscene amounts before the economic downturn started. Something I saw coming from a mile away. I do understand how business and business relationships work. What do you do for a living? I see that you're the burger time champion. How does that pay? (you're the one who made this personal don't forget)

Only small minded people like yourself believe that I made it "personal." I didn't say ANYTHING about your wife, your family, your sexual preference or anything else. I talked about the garbage you were posting. If you think that's personal, you need to get a clue.

Not only that, only the ignorant make stupid comment about little icons on a message board. It shows how clearly small minded they are.

How would you feel after learning you have to say goodbye to one of your best friends?

Good byes tend to be permanent things. There is nothing saying that Bruschi and Vrabel can't stay friends. People move all the time. Bruschi could have said that he'd just miss him. But he said MORE than that. Clearly, you don't understand that.

"Is there a chance? Yep. Just like there is a chance that I'll win the MegaMillions tonight since I bought tickets. Doesn't mean that its likely to happen. And, considering that the Pats would actually be giving up 4 years (1 player) to add 1 year to another player, it makes it look even worse."

"So, you're saying there's a chance?"...sorry, I love my movie quotes :p
But seriously.. are you implying that you have the same chances to win the lottery as BB does in moving around in the draft? :eat2::rofl:

I am saying that I have the same chance of winning the lottery that BB does of moving up in the draft and coming out better than they are right now. And, considering that no one can see the future, its pretty hard for you to disprove.

Also, I think its funny you ignored the gist of that sentence by overlooking the fact that by trading that pick to move up, the Pats will actually be trading 5 years to gain 1. But, I guess you did that because it blew up your whole "point".

M
My whole post was about how we have no idea exactly what was going on.

Your whole post was BS and telling people to get over it. Just go back and read it.

The deal has already been officially anounced by both teams. You don't need the league offices to be open for that. Does that mean the trade might not be official until the paperwork is filed on Monday? sure. But that would also be the biggest reneg in history. How would that be building a relationship with KC?[/uote]

You don't follow the league much, do you? Sorry, but the league commissioner has the right to VETO any trade that comes across his desk that he feels violates the integrity of the league. Until Goodell has signed off on it, the deal isn't official.

I do agree that building a relationship "might" have had a part in accepting a little less...say leaving out a 5th or 6th round pick, (the same way the pats threw in a 7th for welker on top of the 2nd that was required, so they wouldn't piss off the Dolphins by signing him as an RFA with a 2nd round tender)... but I would never agree that BB/Kraft would take it in the shorts just so somebody would like them. They aren't a kid on the playground handing out candy so the other kids will think they're cool.

Again, you are making the assumption that they believe they took it in the shorts. I never said anything of the sort. I said they took less. and that's it. Its us fans who believe they took it in the shorts. But I am smart enough and capable enough to look at the other point of view. Something that you clearly couldn't comprehend.

Seriously, I don't want this to be an argument. You started it by getting personal, but I'm going to end it by saying that I still respect alot of your views on this board.

You keep on being miserable about this, if you want to... I'm done.

Dude, YOU stated the argument with your BS thread to begin with.

BTW, I'm not miserable. On the contrary. I gave you the sh!tstorm you deserved for your poorly thought out post. You are the one who attacked everyone and basically said "to just DEAL". And that is a garbage attitude to take. People are allowed to vent their frustrations over what they percieve are inadequacies. Its their right to do so. And, while its your right to voice your opinion, its also your right to have to deal with whatever the reprecussions are for voicing that opinion. I do so love the 1st Amendment.

Last edited:
Hi , can I just say to the guy "icy" shoulders comment that the guy below schooled you. Ive had a shoulder problem from rugby and you can lose feeling in your hands, have pain in your forearm and hands, it can go in to your central back which means you can have pain in the upper quads, it can also go in your neck from the shoulder blade, meaning its hard to turn your head fully.

So please, shoulder problems are quite recurring.
In respects to the problem, Vrabel lost value

Ben:cool:

Hi , can I just say to the guy "icy" shoulders comment that the guy below schooled you. Ive had a shoulder problem from rugby and you can lose feeling in your hands, have pain in your forearm and hands, it can go in to your central back which means you can have pain in the upper quads, it can also go in your neck from the shoulder blade, meaning its hard to turn your head fully.

So please, shoulder problems are quite recurring.
In respects to the problem, Vrabel lost value

Ben:cool:

I understand why everyone is commenting on Vrabs' shoulder, and his problem with passrushing last year. However, you guys also have to remember that the OLB does have to drop back into coverage also, and Vrabs was getting beat by TE's all season. We simply need more speed at that position, which has less to do with a shoulder injury, and more to do with AGE.

More to come.

Geez, Dabruinz.. you stayed up until 3:30am to make your counterpoint. I must have really gotten to you.

Here is my response to the more ridiculous claims you made.

"Only small minded people like yourself believe that I made it "personal." I didn't say ANYTHING about your wife, your family, your sexual preference or anything else. I talked about the garbage you were posting. If you think that's personal, you need to get a clue."

Not only that, only the ignorant make stupid comment about little icons on a message board. It shows how clearly small minded they are."

I was joking about your burger time championship... chill out. Again, I must have really gotten to you :rofl: As for the personal part, you called me a fool for having an opinion that differed from yours. Do you call your doctor a fool for telling you to take penecilin instead of your idea, which is to just rub it vigorously?

"Good byes tend to be permanent things. There is nothing saying that Bruschi and Vrabel can't stay friends. People move all the time. Bruschi could have said that he'd just miss him. But he said MORE than that. Clearly, you don't understand that."

So.... you've never said goodbye to someone that you were ever going to see again? Clearly you're grasping at straws.

"I am saying that I have the same chance of winning the lottery that BB does of moving up in the draft and coming out better than they are right now. And, considering that no one can see the future, its pretty hard for you to disprove.

Also, I think its funny you ignored the gist of that sentence by overlooking the fact that by trading that pick to move up, the Pats will actually be trading 5 years to gain 1. But, I guess you did that because it blew up your whole "point"."

No, you're point was taken and I find it laughable. The second part I didn't respond to because it is wildly ridiculous as well. The max you can sign a rookie for is 6 years even for the first overall pick. You are basically saying is that we can only sign 2nd rounders for 1 year....... Obviously that is so wrong that it hurts my pancreas just reading it.

"Again, you are making the assumption that they believe they took it in the shorts. I never said anything of the sort. I said they took less. and that's it. Its us fans who believe they took it in the shorts. But I am smart enough and capable enough to look at the other point of view. Something that you clearly couldn't comprehend. "

Show me how I said they were taking it in the shorts. I was saying that they would not take it in the shorts just to look good to someone, so obviously they feel they got all that they could. Obviously I know it's the fans who feel they took it in the shorts, hence this whole thread where I am saying we got all that we could given the circumstances. "But I am smart enough and capable enough "....and gosh darn it, people like you!

"Dude, YOU stated the argument with your BS thread to begin with.

BTW, I'm not miserable. On the contrary. I gave you the sh!tstorm you deserved for your poorly thought out post. You are the one who attacked everyone and basically said "to just DEAL". And that is a garbage attitude to take. People are allowed to vent their frustrations over what they percieve are inadequacies. Its their right to do so. And, while its your right to voice your opinion, its also your right to have to deal with whatever the reprecussions are for voicing that opinion. I do so love the 1st Amendment.
"

You don't start an argument.... which needs 2 people to be called an argument....with 1 statement not directed at you particularly. You took it personally somehow and started the argument by calling me a fool for having MY opinion. Other people can disagree with me and they have, and I respect it. I posted this just so others can voice their opinion based on the facts we now know aout the market for Cassel. They just didn't get as nasty as you, and attack me personally.

I am in no way hindering your right to have an opinion or voice it when I say that I feel we got all we could and we need to accept it. It's usually easy to spot the moron in the crowd when they start b!tching about their 1st amendment rights. You aren't marching on washington... you're trying to flame me in an online football forum :rolleyes:

You're rebuttals are getting weaker and weaker which tells me that I realy am getting to you, and you really are grasping at straws.

I am starting to feel bad, as if i'm picking on the greeter from wal-mart.

Have fun flaming me some more. I am going to read some posts from intelligent football fans, who don't feel they get pounded in the arse personally over this.

So, before telling other people that they are on crack you might want to know what you are talking about because all you did was show how little you know about playing OLB and the demands that it requires.

Well he has a good shoulder now ... so maybe he'll get 5 sacks this year ... all coverage sacks no less. Vrabel was a great player ... great as in was. Our pass rush and 3rd down play sucked ... and that includes the Super loss to the Giants in which Vrabel was exposed ... as were some of the other geriatric rushers we had ... keep drinking the
kool ade :eat1: ... it makes many players greater than they actually are.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back