PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

wE DONT NEED BRANCH

Status
Not open for further replies.

frankiesfly

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
Reaction score
Dont get me wrong iam a dieon branch fan, i even have a jersey of his, buit the way the patriots played tonight, we dont need him to win. I would like branch to come back, he is a good assett to the team, but we dont need him. Belechick is the best at getting a team to win, and being able to take a player out and put another in, and get the same results, a victory. Noone is going to give branch a better deal, and will be back with the pats, but we can win without him.

it cant hurt having him back..and dont judge by preseason..i mean a lot of teams play vanilla. our WRs werent much till last week -Bam and today Troy while Watson came on today.

maybe we dont need him to get to playoffs but it would def. improve our chances

I'm like whatever on Branch....but, the more weapons the better in what could be our best offense in the Belichick era.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not a great Branch fan, but Branch has certainly been a major contributer to this team.

As long as he doesn't get nicked, Troy Brown can probably be expected to be was he was last year, an OK #3 receiver.

As of now, that's all we have at the wide receiver position.

I understand that the TE's will have plenty of catches, as will the running backs, but we still need SOME production from the wide receivers spot.

If we were playing Game One tomorrow, I suppose we'd have Brown, Caldwell and Childress active. We don't have anyone else. And make no mistake, Childress is making this team by default, not because he has shown much at all. How bad is it? Andrews has been practicing at WR.
-----------------------------

BOTTOM LINE

We could use TWO starting average NFL receivers. We currently have none.
We have a #3 and a #4 and injured rookie, who we should ahve the luxury of having at #5 for awhile.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye