PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

We could win the superbowl with Jimmy Garoppolo

Status
Not open for further replies.

willard

On the Game Day Roster
Reaction score
I feel quite sure every fan on the board wants this one for Brady and wants to see him at the helm.

But for the first time in our dynasty era I feel we have a quarterback we could turn to and still win the superbowl. Every other year I felt if we lost Brady, then the superbowl was lost.

Now we have seen Garoppolo for a few preseasons and we know his opening play will be pock marked with some inconsistencies not seen yet as his game develops. I am particularly worried about the number of tipped balls and if a defense like the Texans that has great length up front could strategize for tipped interceptions. Garoppolo I think has gained a lot of confidence from these early games. If called upon that is so important for a qb. He benefits from what I think today is the best team we have ever fielded. Time and injuries of course will tell the tale if it is. Well 2004 was pretty stacked.

He won't play this Thursday because he could end up being our most important player winning the superbowl. For all those fans who salivate over his pick worth, what would it be if he replaced an injured Brady and won the superbowl.

Just for the record, I don't think my typing in the internet will jinx Tom. I want Tom to win the superbowl as the starting quarterback. So long as it looks like Tom can play I want him as our quarterback.

Oh ya 2007 was pretty stacked too. Still a team with the rest of the season to prove itself on paper seems to me as stacked as either of those two.

Defense wins championships.

From what I've seem JAG has enough talent to lead an offense to be top 10 and our defense can be championship caliber to get the job done (assuming no key injuries and normal level of improvement over the course of a season).

But, we'll get Brady back so the question should be moot.

Yeah for sure way too early, but it is the first time I have felt the Patriots post season would not be toast if Tom went down. Cassell I think surprised everyone in 2008 and then he was gone. Garopollo looks to at least be as good as him and today we look to have one of the best all around teams in football, plus we have Brady, Gronk, Lewis, Nink, maybe Volmer, Cooper, Rowe all waiting to come in and play. We get our pass rush humming a bit better and the injuries don't bite too bad. Such a strong team this year, glad Bill made the second round pick 3 years ago. Our chances of winning with Garoppolo remain very good.

Just realized there was one other year we had as good a backup to Tom. 2001, Drew came into theAFC title game at the half and felt good about him carrying the team. So impressed Bill knew Tom was the man, so many other coaches would have kept the ball in the hands of the 100 million dollar man for the superbowl.

five quarters of football
tumblr_lxkk4xACbR1qhmfkuo1_400.gif

Given I'd like Tom Brady to retire having won 6 Super Bowls as the Quarterback of the New England Patriots, I know where my preference lies.

How about we see if he can play a full 16 first. An injury two games into your NFL career isn't exactly the best start, though I'm sure I'll hear the "it was a freak injury" argument soon.

Given I'd like Tom Brady to retire having won 6 Super Bowls as the Quarterback of the New England Patriots, I know where my preference lies.

Given I'd like the patriots to continue to be good after Brady is gone, to me it's not so clear......especially given winning 2 more SBs in the time he has left is not a high percentage bet

How about we see if he can play a full 16 first. An injury two games into your NFL career isn't exactly the best start, though I'm sure I'll hear the "it was a freak injury" argument soon.

It was a freak injury

:)

Naw, im with you, not even 2 full games under his belt and people are ready too call him Goat Jr or Goat 2

Want Tommy Boy to win #5.
After that, JAG or Obi-Wan Jacoby can rack up as many as they want!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes