PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

We can only get so mad at the officials

Status
Not open for further replies.

MDD

Practice Squad Player
Reaction score
Not sure if this has been mentioned, but we can only get so mad at the officials and the lousy PI calls.

After all, the Ref for last night's game was MISTER Walt Coleman!

Not sure if this has been mentioned, but we can only get so mad at the officials and the lousy PI calls.

After all, the Ref for last night's game was MISTER Walt Coleman!
Yeah, the guy who got the call against the Raiders correct. What's your point ?

You mean the same Mister Coleman who missed the roughing the passer call when Woodson hit Tom Brady in the helmet in the 2001 snow bowl game. That guy makes alot of bad calls. Or should I say. non-calls.

My point is we could have very easily had Triplette for that game, or some other 2001 version of Ben "Satan" Dreith.

Don't underestimate the good fortune of getting a tricky / obscure rule "right".

Last edited:
You mean the same Mister Coleman who missed the roughing the passer call when Woodson hit Tom Brady in the helmet in the 2001 snow bowl game. That guy makes alot of bad calls. Or should I say. non-calls.

Yeah, the same one who overturned himself.

So Walt Coleman mad the right call on the Tuck Rule. So are we supposed to give him a free pass for the rest of his life? It was one call five years ago.

My point is we could have very easily had Triplette for that game, or some other 2001 version of Ben "Satan" Dreith.

Don't underestimate the good fortune of getting a tricky / obscure rule "right".
So we're lucky that the ref actually got a call right. I'll keep that in mind :rolleyes:

So Walt Coleman mad the right call on the Tuck Rule. So are we supposed to give him a free pass for the rest of his life? It was one call five years ago.

Just trying to look on the bright side.

Just trying to look on the bright side.

I probably could have forgot the first bogus P.I. call that gave the Bears their only T.D. but, then instead of seeing they made a wrong call they do it again and set them up for another 3 points. All while not seeing the P.I. from the Bears. Absurd.

Last edited:

It was about the same head hit Woodson laid on Brady that Vrabel put on Warner on Law's XXXVI interception, so I wouldn't worry too much about it. ;)

The refereeing in the NFL, which IMHO, never was very good, has gotten surprisingly bad in the last 14 months.

I can be watching a game in which I have no likes/dislikes of and be amazed at how much the refs are controlling the outcome of the game.

But let me leave you with this: The NFL is a multi-billion dollar industry. They have teams that they want to see in prime-time and in the playoffs due to the popularity of that team. It creates better revenue for everyone with a financial commitment to the NFL.

Do you think the NFL would take the Cleveland Browns over the Colts this year? That would be a financial disaster for the NFL. The Colts are money makers for the NFL and you can bet your bottom dollar that they are doing everything they can to get the Colts in the SB.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back