PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

We arent winning the SB with Matt Cassel at QB

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wait, in the same post you say that we're going nowhere with 'basically a rookie' at QB, then suggest that we play O'Connell (actually a rookie)? Smart one. Anyways, it's obviously highly unlikely that we win it all with Cassel, but unless you have a better suggestion (which means not O'Connell), then I just don't see the point of this thread.

Also, you'd have to be blind not to see the kind of progress that Cassel is making week in and week out. Did you by any chance see how many times he was sacked last night? He's a young kid, thrust into a role that was way over his head, but he knows our system, he's surviving, the team is competitive, and he's improving. What more do you want? Anyone who expects another Brady to just land on our doorstep needs to go through a few years as a fan of a team without the best QB on the planet on it.

Last edited:
Wait, in the same post you say that we're going nowhere with 'basically a rookie' at QB, then suggest that we play O'Connell (actually a rookie)? Smart one. Anyways, it's obviously highly unlikely that we win it all with Cassel, but unless you have a better suggestion (which means not O'Connell), then I just don't see the point of this thread.

You can play a rookie at QB if he is talented and have a chance, (see Brady etc in 2001, Rothlisberger in 05 his 2nd year etc), Cassel has been in our system for 4 years so he is not a rookie, but its his 1st year playing so its basically his rookie year. But he has no talent, so it dont matter how much experience he has you cant win with a scrub at QB unless you have an insane defense. OConnell has no experience but hes got talent, he would do better than Cassel in there without question.

Last edited:
Silly me.
I thought this was an old thread being bumped.

Also, you'd have to be blind not to see the kind of progress that Cassel is making week in and week out. Did you by any chance see how many times he was sacked last night? He's a young kid, thrust into a role that was way over his head, but he knows our system, he's surviving, the team is competitive, and he's improving. What more do you want? Anyone who expects another Brady to just land on our doorstep needs to go through a few years as a fan of a team without the best QB on the planet on it.

0 sacks right?

I remember seeing a thread like this back in '01...I wish I had archived that board :rolleyes:

I think it's a bit too early in the year to make this comment, because the favorite usually isn't there at the end. Plus if you don't look at last night's game and realize how well he played last night you're obviously watching something different than the rest of us.

I remember seeing a thread like this back in '01...I wish I had archived that board :rolleyes:

I think it's a bit too early in the year to make this comment, because the favorite usually isn't there at the end. Plus if you don't look at last night's game and realize how well he played last night you're obviously watching something different than the rest of us.

... and of course no one is saying that Cassel's the second coming of Tom Brady, but c'mon folks, do some Super Bowl History research and look at the list of mediocre QBs who have Super Bowl Rings.

Once the playoffs start, anything can happen.

You can play a rookie at QB if he is talented and have a chance, (see Brady etc in 2001, Rothlisberger in 05 his 2nd year etc), Cassel has been in our system for 4 years so he is not a rookie, but its his 1st year playing so its basically his rookie year. But he has no talent, so it dont matter how much experience he has you cant win with a scrub at QB unless you have an insane defense. OConnell has no experience but hes got talent, he would do better than Cassel in there without question.

Ask chargers fans how talented Ryan leaf was? look how well he did. There are more bums i can name who started as rookie's and are nowhere now or suck. A qb who can just what he needs to to win more than he looses is all we need look at how many QB's can't manage the game well.

agree with you for this season but lets just hope that he takes the lessons learned and wisely applies them to next season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes