PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

We arent winning the SB with Matt Cassel at QB

Status
Not open for further replies.

BRiZ

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
seriously dudes wake up! We have no shot at winning the SB with Cassel at QB, he is not good enough, he is not productive, he cant put points on the board, he is inexperienced, he is basically a rookie, he is having a rookie season production-wise, we will be lucky to win a playoff game with him at the helm, forget the SB.

The Jets aint winning crap with old man Farve at QB either, all you jet fans are delusional. Miami aint winning crap either with Chad friggin Pennington at QB. loool And the Bills, looool.

Dont get all bent out of shape cause we lost to the Colts cause we arent winning the SB this year anyways.

Now if OConnell were playing...

LOL I DON KNO HOW PPL WITH <Generic_QB> AT THE HELMZ CAN XPECT 2 WIN LOL.

<Generic Team> IS SO BAD THEY LOST TOO <Other_Generic_Team>.

THE PATTS WOULD BE BETTER IF <Idiotic_Suggestion>.

WUT U FINK!

The guy is smart with the football. He doesn't throw a lot of picks. His pick this past game was at the end of the game, and the week before that it was off of a tipped ball.

He could become a very good game manager who can hurt the defense if they put too many in the box.

seriously dudes wake up! We have no shot at winning the SB with Cassel at QB, he is not good enough, he is not productive, he cant put points on the board, he is inexperienced, he is basically a rookie, he is having a rookie season production-wise, we will be lucky to win a playoff game with him at the helm, forget the SB.

The Jets aint winning crap with old man Farve at QB either, all you jet fans are delusional. Miami aint winning crap either with Chad friggin Pennington at QB. loool And the Bills, looool.

Dont get all bent out of shape cause we lost to the Colts cause we arent winning the SB this year anyways.

umm...the colts arnt winning it with Peyton Manning at QB...

this thread really has no point

Last edited:
The guy is smart with the football. He doesn't throw a lot of picks. His pick this past game was at the end of the game, and the week before that it was off of a tipped ball.

He could become a very good game manager who can hurt the defense if they put too many in the box.

You're right but you're wasting your time with BRiZ. His Bedroom decor consists of O'Connell posters and cases of Vaseline.

You're right but you're wasting your time with BRiZ. His Bedroom decor consists of O'Connell posters and cases of Vaseline.

THREAD OVER. JSN WINS. :singing:

there are no other choices..
Time to deal with it, Matt Cassel is the starting qb of your 2008 New England Patriots.

That's not going to change unless he gets hurt.

Talk about wrapping up your rant with hammering home the point...................huh?
What I saw last night, was a preview to what we will see come November. Remember the smash mouth football with ball control offense. Hold on to your jock, when the Pats get their two RB's back and the defense jells, you are going to be surprised.

I'm pretty sure he still has a CJack poster or two under his mattress for those times when the O'Stranger just doesn't cut it.

if only ben jarvis green ellis could make them stack the box...

I'm pretty sure he still has a CJack poster or two under his mattress for those times when the O'Stranger just doesn't cut it.

CJack > Gaffney no questions asked. Gaffney really helped us last night...

I think we all figured out that the Super Bowl was an afterthought the minute Brady went down but I don't think we need to be reminded of it - Just enjoy the season as it has been an up and down battle all season and believe it or not,I kind of think its an interesting season at that.

Just not knowing what type of game Cassel will have each week is even more entertaining,I think we all knew Brady was almost always going to give a positive performance in any game he played in with the exception of the occasional 4 INT stinker,but Cassel if nothing else is an entertaining young QB to say the least and this is a fun season to watch regardless of if the team makes the playoffs and if they do what round will they be eliminated from - sit back and relax at the halfway point,lots more fun and unexpected games to come.

Last edited:

Trent Dilfer wasn't good enough to win the Super Bowl either. But his TEAM did.

JC! What did you expect? When Brady went down, I optimistically hoped for 11-5 or 10-6, but in the back of my mind figured on 9-7 or 8-8. I now believe the Patriots will win the East with a 10-6 record. If the 2001 Patriots, 2005 Steelers, and 2007 NY Giants didn't teach you anything about the modern-day NFL then there is no hope for you. Cassel is a competent starting QB for this team and if he can learn and BB can eventually trust him to manage the game, then anything is possible come playoff time.

Trent Dilfer wasn't good enough to win the Super Bowl either. But his TEAM did.

you mean those teams with some of the best defenses ever in the history of the NFL? Too bad we dont have a D like that, maybe we could win the SB with Cassel if we had a D like that but we just dont.

O'Connell, are for real? The fact you still have a picture of Chad Jackson speaks volumes of your ******ation.

O'Connell, are for real? The fact you still have a picture of Chad Jackson speaks volumes of your ******ation.

yea i wonder if BB is regreting cutting him and starting Gaffney by now.

nothing about losing that game last night was Cassells fault. If you are looking for blame, start with the coaches. Terrible play calling and game management. I like our coaches but they made some bad decisions last night. Blame Thomas for blowing a first down opportunity that would have resulted in a scoring opportunity. Blame Gaffney for dropping a wide open touchdown pass. Cassel is solid and improving every game. Guys got and arm that is begging to be cut lose. He could take us somewhere this year. Just shut up and give the dude a chance.

yea i wonder if BB is regreting cutting him and starting Gaffney by now.

If he is so good, why did it take 7 weeks for a team to sign him. He's a bum, I don't if you met this dude or wanted us to draft him or what, but you can't honestly think he was or is any good. I'd rather have every WR we have instead of him. I'd be willing to bet Denver cuts him before he plays for them and if playing with Brady and practicing with Moss didn't help and Shanny doesn't turn him around he better start looking into a new profession.

nothing about losing that game last night was Cassells fault. If you are looking for blame, start with the coaches. Terrible play calling and game management. I like our coaches but they made some bad decisions last night. Blame Thomas for blowing a first down opportunity that would have resulted in a scoring opportunity. Blame Gaffney for dropping a wide open touchdown pass. Cassel is solid and improving every game. Guys got and arm that is begging to be cut lose. He could take us somewhere this year. Just shut up and give the dude a chance.

settling for FG's in the redzone over and over all year long has alot to do with Matt Cassel.

Gostkowski is 3rd in the league in field goal attempts (20, leader has 23), and 2nd in the league with field goals made (19, leader has 20).

Matt Cassel is horrible in the redzone.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes