PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

We are uncommonly Loved AND Hated

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShrewBeer

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
on a poll at espn, out of 33,000 people accross the nation, one-third of the people said that they were FANS. one-third. that is a lot, considering there are 32 nfl teams. this stat blows my mind.
on the other hand, forty-seven percent said that they HATE the pats.
both numbers are astoundingly huge. i would bet that your average team would yield a neutral position of more than fifty percent of the country. i had assumed that we were hated, but did not realize how loved.

link; http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/index

Last edited:
Whats with the love in Iowa?

What else is interesting is that 52% are either Pats fans or non haters.Compared to 47% haters.
The thing is I don't care about what the rest of country thinks.But I hate being lied about which the media perpetuates.

Well that is like 90% of the computers in Iowa. I'm joking it was to easy to pass up

Do you think (and i'm choking on this as I say it) dynasties are so vehemently disliked across the board or is it just in this particular case?

Personally, I remember disliking the Bulls (they also had heated rivals with the Pacers), but after awhile I completely respected MJ.

My question is do you think its just a product of extreme success to be really hated or is this Pats team different?

disclaimer: if the Pats go undefeated and win the Superbowl, then they are a dynasty in my eyes, thats a different debate, however and I don't want to hijack the thread.

Last edited:
My question is do you think its just a product of extreme sucess to be really hated or is this Pats team different?

I think it's the success. It seems to happen with any team that has long-running success.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes