Welcome to PatsFans.com

We are sooo screwed

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by PATSNUTme, May 23, 2008.

1. PATSNUTme

PATSNUTme Paranoid Homer Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +174 / 2 / -1

#75 Jersey

As I watched a little of the shameless dog and pony show put on but the House and Senate this week, I thought about how screwed we are gong to be for the next 4 years.

These weasels had the gall to line up the oil company executives and make them look like they are the ones responsible for high gas prices. Anyone with half a brain knows it the politicians over the past 20 years who are responsible for what we have now. This is both parties.

I never heard a oil company executive say the they are looking out for the average guy. Every politician running for office says that and then only looks out for whatever special interest group fattens their wallet.

So here we are with Obama,McCain, and Clinton. All three have bought into the global warming hoax. When I say hoax, everyone agrees that the planet has warmed since the end of the Little Ice age. But if we did everything that Al Gore wants us to do, it would change the warming by 10% of 1 degree and make Al Gore a very rich man.

So stock up on Vasoline. I forgot, that is petro based too. We are sooo screwed.
    Last edited: May 23, 2008
  2. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +224 / 6 / -7

The oil companies bribe politicians into not investing in alternative energy. Politicians are to blame, but the oil companies are milking the situation in a way that suggests collusion. The oil companies have ways of influencing oil supplies and alternative energy. Thanks to mostly Republican deregulation, they have more power than ever. When companies are as wealthy as nations they can exert undue influence on oil suppliers and others. We need to bring back tighter regulation of the oil companies. That's more likely to happen under a Democratic administration than a Republican one.

Now, as far as global warming, you apparently are unaware that the issue is the amount of global warming going on since approximately the Industrial Revolution. While it's true that natural global warming occurs over thousands of years, in that time frame life and environment adjust. Over thousands of years, people naturally migrate further inland if water levels are rising and plant life and animal life have time to evolve. But, the global warming that Al Gore and most scientists are talking about is happening in a very short time frame (no more than about 150 years), which is not enough time for life and the environment to evolve to meet the new demands of changing temperatures and weather patterns.
  3. otis p. driftwood

otis p. driftwood Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

What happened to the headlines from 30 years ago about how we were all going to die in the coming ice age?
  4. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +450 / 10 / -11

#24 Jersey

How about Liberals/Democrats/Environmentalists not allowing for our oil to be used ? Anwar. Oil off the coasts. Untapped oil we can't even look for. No, let's buy it from the f*cking middle east instead. Good plan.
  5. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +163 / 7 / -13

Do they bribe pols into not drilling our own resources? Do they bribe pols into not building refineries? Do they bribe pols into taxing energy to the extent that gov makes more profit off energy than any the producers, dristributors or retailers.

How bout a windfall profits refunds on goverment for the trillions of dolars they scam from taxpayers.

Which 'alt energy' are you talking about?? Lib pixie dust? We have homes to heat jobs to get to and businesses to run in the real world.
  6. otis p. driftwood

otis p. driftwood Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

So Chuck Schumer says a million barrels of oil a day from Anwar would only change the price by a penny...then later he says a million extra barrels a day from Saudi would lower the price per barrel by $25. So which is it?
  7. patsfan13

Ratings:
    +163 / 7 / -13

The equations the models used by Hansen and the MMGW scammers are wrong the corrected equations refute Hansen's claims.

[​IMG]

The man made global warming scare is wrong plain and simple.

The sun is quiet

[​IMG]
  8. BelichickFan

Ratings:
    +450 / 10 / -11

#24 Jersey

And it's not just Anwar. Exploration off the coasts is a must. It wasn't cost effective at the old gas prices; we passed that point a while ago to where it's clearly cost effective now.

We'll see what Patters' excuse is down the road when The Prince and his Democrat Court get nothing done on alternative energy.
  9. patsfan13

Ratings:
    +163 / 7 / -13

from Space weather NO Sunsport = cooler earth.

[​IMG]
  10. PATSNUTme

PATSNUTme Paranoid Homer Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +174 / 2 / -1

#75 Jersey

I'm not laying all this on the feet of the Dems. My own two Republican Senators, Snowe and Collins, just voted against average people and for the caribou (they think, wrongly).

There is a lot of blame to go around but most of it should be at the politicians. And with our current crop of politicians they will point their shameless fingers at everyone else,like at those hearing this week.

I can understand that people are ignorant enough to believe them. I can't understand how people are stupid and lazy enough to believe them.
  11. otis p. driftwood

otis p. driftwood Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

Your two Senators may as well be Democrats, Nut. I don't get how they keep getting elected.
  12. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +292 / 10 / -26

Lets look at this free from the hysteria and hyperbole, we do not know how much oil is in ANWAR.. we do know that there is 100 million barrels of oil in N. Dakota.. we also know that the Oil Industry is heavily invested in huge tankers, and these have a hard time getting to N. Dakota.. so the oil industry has to effectively "retool".

http://www.nextenergynews.com/news1/next-energy-news2.13s.html

Here is some info on FLa.. not sure about the source, but have heard this several times before..is this another reason to develop an economic relationship with Cuba??? BTW Jeb Bush opposed the drilling for oil off of the Fla coast.. strange.

13. otis p. driftwood

otis p. driftwood Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

Umm...GJAJ? You answered the question you didn't ask...4-10 billion barrels in ANWAR. About the same as the Florida Straits.
  14. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +292 / 10 / -26

So why are we allowing the Chinese to have this??, why do we need to travel an extra 5K nautical miles??.. why the wright wing fascination with ANWAR we do not really need it right now.

No comments on N. Dakota... not surprised, keep focusing on ANWAR.. that is the answer.
  15. BelichickFan

Ratings:
    +450 / 10 / -11

#24 Jersey

:confused:

Anwar is part of the answer. Assuming that clip about ND is accurate, it's similar to what I was saying about the oil off the coasts - it's more cost effective than when oil was cheap.

I want to hear one of the Presidential candidates say he's gonna go and get all our oil - but will the MMGW nuts allow it ?
  16. otis p. driftwood

otis p. driftwood Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

Don't assume stuff.

What was I supposed to say about N. Dakota? Yes, it's oil, we should be tapping it.
    And no, we shouldn't let the Chinese get the oil off Florida. I mentioned it the other day, how it was a black mark against Jeb Bush.

I'm confused why you don't think we need the 4-10 billion barrels from anwar though.
  17. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +292 / 10 / -26

There was no assumptions, I do not think we need to go to ANWAR until we definitively know the extent of the oil fields up there and to assess all the risks.. first of all it is tough to get to and secondly that environment is very fragile, why do something we do not have to when it will be less risky and cheaper to move from Fla and N. Dakota there has already been a terrible oil spill in Valdez.. why take the chance and expense of shipping oil all that way when there is oil so much closer.
  18. atomdomb

atomdomb Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

going after the oil companies is a f'cking joke. they make 8, that's right E-I-G-H-T, cents on every dollar of revenue. should we try to legislate them down to around 2 cents? where would that get us? politicians need to get there collective heads removed from each other's asses and we need to start using our own energy. f'ck the middle east. let them f'cking bake in the sun. we need to stop giving them our money.
  19. BelichickFan

Ratings:
    +450 / 10 / -11

#24 Jersey

20. patsfan13

Ratings:
    +163 / 7 / -13

It has nothing to do with oil tankers. We should develop all of the above the problem is the dems and RINO senators will allow NO development of our resources.