PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

We are not trading cassel

Status
Not open for further replies.

billdog3484

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
after further review, and countless hours of thought, i have come to the conclusion that there is no way in hell we can get rid of this guy. if we have to get rid of seymour and wilfork, it wouldnt matter. you cannot win without a QB. so, i think that everyone should stop talking about getting a first round pick for him.

i mean, do you guys really want a first round pick or two for a great QB? did you not see the unbelievable improvement he made over the course of this season? how can you afford to risk getting rid of a top 10 QB when your QB is no definite to return to form? i love TB, but really, can we expect him to be what he was? maybe, but maybe not. thats why it is imperative to make sure we have both TB and MC for the upcoming season. after this year we can decide on TB and make a decision to trade MC. for the time being, you should all be realistice. MC will be on our team in 2009, no matter the cost

poster53488988.jpg

You lost me at Seymour, you had me laughing by Wilfork. Well played.

BTW, for future reference 75% TB > 350% MC.

Last edited:
[/IMG]

You lost me at Seymour, you had me laughing by Wilfork. Well played.

think what you want. if there is a choice between re-signing Seymour and Wilfork or Cassel, it is a no-brainer. you can have your opinion. i believe mine is correct. you can win without a great DL, you cannot win without a great QB (dont give me Trent Dilfer, we do not have the 2000 Ravens D, with or without Seymour and Wilfork).

and anyways, it wouldnt have to come to that. i think seymour is way more expendable than wilfork, and at 9M per, seymour would go before cassel and free more than enough cap room

Last edited:

no. you are absolutely wrong. and there is no guarantee brady will ever be 75%. players arent measured by percentages in real life. he may never be the same in the pocket. the difference between the best ever and a great QB is miniscule. the difference between a great QB and an average QB is miniscule. Brady may come back and never be the same. he may come back and be same old Tommy B. we dont know this. we keep Cassel as insurance to make sure he is, whatever the cost is. we will be able to reload via the draft.

think what you want. if there is a choice between re-signing Seymour and Wilfork or Cassel, it is a no-brainer. you can have your opinion. i believe mine is correct. you can win without a great DL, you cannot win without a great QB (dont give me Trent Dilfer, we do not have the 2000 Ravens D, with or without Seymour and Wilfork).

and anyways, it wouldnt have to come to that. i think seymour is way more expendable than wilfork, and at 9M per, seymour would go before cassel and free more than enough cap room
funny-pictures-cat-is-confused-by-rolling-around.jpg

you guys are funny. but, most likely incorrect

Brady should be fine. A vet like Jeff Garcia would be a decent guy to get us through in the unlikely event that Brady isn't ready and neither is O'Connell.

We are trading Cassel.

Brady should be fine. A vet like Jeff Garcia would be a decent guy to get us through in the unlikely event that Brady isn't ready and neither is O'Connell.

We are trading Cassel.

we will see. i see there is clearly an obsession with draft picks, which is inexplicable. but you guys can believe what you want, but come April 25, when we still have both you will all be very disappointed for reasons beyond me

You should show the force of your conviction by making a bet about this. Pick someone who's adamant that you're wrong and bet them a $50 donation to Bread of Life.

did you confirm that with the Doctors? haha. we will see
Ha ha yourself. Every report other than Curran (then those who repeated him) say that Brady is into his rehab; as long as that's true he should be back in time; Philip Rivers had his surgery around this time last year (after the AFCCG). Even Curran doesn't say Brady won't be back just that he might not be. I said Brady SHOULD be back in time and that is true. It's ironic that you started a thread with a title that's a statement of fact and not worded as an opinion which this clearly is.

Last edited:
you guys are funny. but, most likely incorrect

It is good that you are taking this in good humor but those kitty pics are pretty funny. The way I see it is we have a commodity in Cassel and we may be able to get a first rounder plus another for him and he was a 7 rounder himself (pretty good deal from our end) Now I know you must have been listening to Total Access tonight when Dukes was going on how important the QB is and he is totally right.....for once!!

The situation to expend Wilfork or big Sey to keep Cassel might sound like the right thing to do but if Brady come back and plays well and starts every game we are blowing 14 million for a kid who is a just in case guy or second string. Odds of this happening are good and we just drafted a kid in the third round 4 higher then Cassel so BB must know something about this kid O'Connell. I think a FA vet paired with Gutierrez and O'Connell will be fine because the face of our franchise I hope plays every snap next year.

Wilfork and Seymour have been life long Pats and have been bread for the system BB has created. They have multiple pro-bowls are are considered two of the best D-line in the game IMHO. I think we need to trade Cassel before FA heats up so we can be active to get a defensive playmaker and sign some draft picks.

Last edited:
Two Words:

Kevin O'Connell

you dont draft a qb in the top 3 rounds just for the heck of it...Cassel will be franchised, then traded... If Brady is still hurt, the job will be O'connells.

we will see. i see there is clearly an obsession with draft picks, which is inexplicable. but you guys can believe what you want, but come April 25, when we still have both you will all be very disappointed for reasons beyond me

Inexplicable???? why would you say that. BB love draft pics....as they build your team, what do you think you just sign everyone during FA?? I think we will have 6 picks in the first three rounds (two in each) I would say that BB is going to use those pics wisely either to trade up to get someone or get a higher draft pick in 2010. With guys like Light, Koppen, Neal, Kaczur, Moss, Evans, Morris, Brady, Vraible, Bruschi, AD and Harrison all 30 plus at the start of 2009 I think to have draft picks would be a priority. 12 guys all starters north of 30 I guess means we are set for a nice Superbowl run in 2009 oh by the way Cassel is going to be traded;)

Two Words:

Kevin O'Connell

you dont draft a qb in the top 3 rounds just for the heck of it...Cassel will be franchised, then traded... If Brady is still hurt, the job will be O'connells.

Brady is going to play until he is 44 or has his 8th Superbowl which ever comes first. I like Kevin O'Connell but he will be a career backup behind Brady until we trade him for more draft picks;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down