PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

We are FAR FROM PERFECT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry Steve. You seem to not understand the 1st Amendment. There is no such right as you describe. NONE.. Nil. Zilch. Zero.

In fact, the 1st Amendment, while protecting your Freedom of Speech from legislation by the government, it does NOT protect you from the repercussions of voicing your opinion. And, when you are someone like NTC, and you post stupidity, you should expect to get bashed and treated harshly.

Now, Steve, while you didn't say you were defending anyone in particular, it was clear you were sticking up for F7 and NTC. So, please don't try to be coy.

I didn't say anything about the 1st Amendment. I've said similar things in other threads that weren't started by F7 and/or NTC.

i'd rather finish 8 & 8, get in post-season in a wild card tie-breaker and win the super bowl, than finish 16 & 0 and not win the super bowl.

There it is. Newton tom cat's excuse if we lose in the playoffs. If we hadn't gone undefeated in the regular season we wouldn't have lost in the playoffs.

they did something no other team had ever even come close to: winning their conference championship 4 straight years. it's actually more unique than a perfect "regular" season. and they're remembered as losers. that same fate awaits us if we lose post-season

Tommy.....you have got to be a Bills fan right? Still stinging from losing all 4 SB they were in I gather.......? You can not possibly be a Pats fan.....

Tommy.....you have got to be a Bills fan right? Still stinging from losing all 4 SB they were in I gather.......? You can not possibly be a Pats fan.....

What did he say that confused you?

Does somebody need to repeat it in another language so that you get it?

?Que pasa, senior? ?Como sta?

He is pointing one thing: Nobody cares how close you came if you don't finish, and 16-0 is not finishing. So skewer the guy for saying something that you already knew, or should have known, but don't call the guy a Bills fan. That is freakishly bizarre.

If we hadn't gone undefeated in the regular season we wouldn't have lost in the playoffs.

Did TomCat say that or did you conclude that and assign it to him?

I agree with you and fixit.......Can we please just fuggin ENJOY the incredible, and history making accomplishments that our awesome New England Patriots have achieved???

Can't we please PLEASE just talk Happy Talk all day? Pretty please? Do people have to bring up other dark topics like the playoffs? How depressing! I thought we were going to hold hands and sing Kumbaya today.

There it is. Newton tom cat's excuse if we lose in the playoffs. If we hadn't gone undefeated in the regular season we wouldn't have lost in the playoffs.

point is given a choice of an undefeated regular season coupled w/ a playoff loss, or a season filled w/ losses but ends w/ a super bowl win, i want the latter every time. no where do i say losing or winning reg season games = post season wins or losses.

seems like most posters on this board think 16 & 0 regular season is somehow better than a super bowl and what the pats do next is a distant second to what theyve already done. whats been do so far that matters is getting home field advantage throughout as its the best path to the super bowl. that was accomplished weeks ago. "perfect" reg season has little meaning to me. love or hate me for it, won't matter. that's how i feel. as every fan should if they have their head on straight about winning a super bowl

point is given a choice of an undefeated regular season coupled w/ a playoff loss, or a season filled w/ losses but ends w/ a super bowl win, i want the latter every time. no where do i say losing or winning reg season games = post season wins or losses.

seems like most posters on this board think 16 & 0 regular season is somehow better than a super bowl and what the pats do next is a distant second to what theyve already done. whats been do so far that matters is getting home field advantage throughout as its the best path to the super bowl. that was accomplished weeks ago. "perfect" reg season has little meaning to me. love or hate me for it, won't matter. that's how i feel. as every fan should if they have their head on straight about winning a super bowl

No, most people think this thread was completely asinine given that 16-0 is alread a fait accompli, and that you're just being a tool by posting this nonsense so soon after the victory.

And, most people are right about this.

Last edited:
if it's chargers, they're a better team than last year with rivers getting another season under his belt

The thread probably should have died with this sentence in the initial post. There isn't a single person who follows the NFL who would tell you Rivers has improved this year with another season under his belt. He's regressed.

I'd be real surprised if anyone here doesn't want to go on and win the Super Bowl even after going 16-0. I'd also be real surprised if anyone here didn't know the Patriots have some faults or negatives. IMO, the reason the Patriots are 16-0 and will continue to win in the playoffs is that the teams positives far out wiegh the negatives. One positive, and a reason they were able to come back against the Colts, Ravens and Giants, is that they don't make mistakes at the end of games when the s*** hits the fan. The other teams do. And at the end of these games the D always seems to rise up and play well when they have to. In each of the 3 games above, which team scored the points to win the games? Easy question -:)

seems like most posters on this board think 16 & 0 regular season is somehow better than a super bowl and what the pats do next is a distant second to what theyve already done.
You have absolutely no evidence or proof to support this statment. As a matter of fact, this thread has tons of evidence that disproves it.

You have an opinion, that's fine. You're more than welcome to it. But do not assign false assessments to other fans, especially when there is no way you can support said assessments.

Last edited:
You have absolutely no evidence or proof to support this statment. As a matter of fact, this thread has tons of evidence that disproves it.

You have an opinion, that's fine. You're more than welcome to it. But do not assign false assessments to other fans, especially when there is no way you can support said assessments.

it's these other "fans" that have no evidence i am denigrating the team by saying to have a perfect season you need to win 100% of your games -- regular- and post-season. fact is a) we have not had a perfect season (not yet anyway), b) super bowl ranks well above regular season wins and c) getting complacent thinking they've already done something will only hurt us from here.

it's these other "fans" that have no evidence i am denigrating the team by saying to have a perfect season you need to win 100% of your games -- regular- and post-season. fact is a) we have not had a perfect season (not yet anyway), b) super bowl ranks well above regular season wins and c) getting complacent thinking they've already done something will only hurt us from here.

a) I don't play so it's not MY season. You don't play either, so it's not YOUR season.

b) I haven't accomplished anything, but the Pats have - they've made NFL history in many ways already. In the NFL's eyes, the regular season record is something of value. But that's just the NFL's opinion.

c) No one has mentioned complacency but you.

Again, you have nothing to prove that "most fans here" don't care about a SB win. And once again, you've chosen to ignore my (and others') posts about how you assess an opinion to other fans when there's no evidence.

As far as I know not a single person on this board plays for the team. How is the fans getting complacent hurting the team? Seriously do you think before you post? No one is saying superbowls don't mean more than 16-0 but you are getting ridiculous. You act like we had to have one or the other instead of both. We don't even know who we are playing yet.

calling me a bills fan because of this reminds me of last year when i was called a jets fan for questioning maroney's ability as a #1 back when dillon would be gone. and now most of the board is on board with that assessment. i just hope that my suspicion on being too self-congratulatory about a "perfect" regular season doesnt come true too. one thing for sure if it does, all those hating on me in this thread will be pounding away on the pats for letting up after their "perfect" regular season. note the "" around "perfect" regular season as it meant next to nothing this year except for guaranteeting home field throughout.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back