PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

We are FAR FROM PERFECT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chris Price said:
After last night’s game, Head Coach Bill Belichick acknowledged they had accomplished something special. “It’s really exciting to be a part of this football team,” Belichick said. “I’m happy. I’m happy. You work all year to win every game, and to be able to win them all, it’s great.”

Anyone want to tell me that BB isn't enjoying the accomplishment?

perfect season means winning all of your games that season, including playoffs. perfect "regualar season" followed by losing in the post season will remembered poorly. not only are we a distant 3 games from perfection but those 3 games will be our toughest all season:

- divisional round: probably jaguars, a team with nothing to lose that is also the most physical in the nfl;
- conference final: probably colts or chargers. as defending champes colts won't go down easy and unlike regular season they could have marvin harrison back. if it's chargers, they're a better team than last year with rivers getting another season under his belt and the acquisition of a legitimate WR in chambers;
- super bow: most likely packers or cowboys. both of these teams have top QB's and they can score points.

this is far from over and anything but easy.

wha-wha-wha...... WTF, you must be the mercury morris of newton. grab a helmet and get in the game. MORONS like you crack me up.

Who is this "we" you talk about? They did it, not we. We didn't do ****. We're not the team, we're just the unwieldy cackle that dogs them at every turn. We are a the biggest bunch of overwrought keyboard paper tigers in the league. That is why other fan bases can't stand us, let alone our team, because they would kill to experience what we are experiencing - not to mention have experienced for several seasons now. And here there is always some ingrate looking to piss in the cereal. Even BB acknowledges the accomplishments and allows that they should be savored however briefly while never losing sight of the ultimate prize.

A collection of debbie downers mixed in with a bunch of nancy's nervouses apparently sprinkled none to liberally with a dash of happy homers who want to enjoy an historic moment for a freakin' moment because unlike the rest of you we CAN chew gum and walk...

Crappy kneejerk bandwaggon fans. I wish Ian had a message board cap to operate under so we could cut a bunch of you overvalued non performers who add nothing but wet blanket negativity to the fan experience.

Thanks Mo, I couldn't say it any better myself. Anyone who has been a fan of this team for years knows what it is like to go to superbowls and lose, or playoffs and lose, so being reminded heavily by the OP is really not necessary and as Mo says is like pissing in the cereal, If the OP is truely a Pats fan i'm not sure what he or she is hoping to accomplish here, by emphasing post after post about this. We all know what awaits us. This win yesterday is another stepping stone to the final goal. Let us enjoy this as we move on. Good post Mo.

Last edited:
Between now and SB game, pats is going to set many records for other teams to achieve.

If you think that the current records are impressive, you will see pats set the records so high that no future team or player can achive.

3 last games are very important to us.

I can't believe what folks are arguing about in this thread. Are all Patriots fans supposed to think exactly alike?

I can't believe what folks are arguing about in this thread. Are all Patriots fans supposed to think exactly alike?

if you don't drink the koolaid and proclaim everything we do is the greatest thing ever and all our work is done, expect extreme mud to be slung at you

Perhaps it would be more constructive if you just said your opinion.

if you don't drink the koolaid and proclaim everything we do is the greatest thing ever and all our work is done, expect extreme mud to be slung at you

ONCE AGAIN... you fail to read and/or comprehend what 99.9% of the posters in this thread have said, in this thread.

And if you think all the posters in this forum feel that EVERYTHING the Pats do is greatest thing ever, then it's further proof you don't read and/or comprehend what is written here.

perfect season means winning all of your games that season, including playoffs. perfect "regualar season" followed by losing in the post season will remembered poorly. not only are we a distant 3 games from perfection but those 3 games will be our toughest all season:

- divisional round: probably jaguars, a team with nothing to lose that is also the most physical in the nfl;
- conference final: probably colts or chargers. as defending champes colts won't go down easy and unlike regular season they could have marvin harrison back. if it's chargers, they're a better team than last year with rivers getting another season under his belt and the acquisition of a legitimate WR in chambers;
- super bow: most likely packers or cowboys. both of these teams have top QB's and they can score points.

this is far from over and anything but easy.

The FACT is today the Patriots have had a perfect season at 16-0. We can and should celebrate this accomplishment. We should relish it and soak it in all we can. Until our next game, it is irrelevant what happens in the playoffs. So we are in fact, PERFECT. We aren't close to or far from perfect...today we are perfect. HU-RAH!:rocker:

You just can't see the forest for the trees and that's a damn shame!

There's a difference between "not drinking the Kool-Aid" and complaining about a 16-0 team as if they're 9-7 and squeezing their way into the playoffs. You do realize that this team accomplished something that no other team has ever done? They won EVERY ****ING GAME so far this year. EVERY GAME. We've won the Super Bowl three times before and we still lost games. This is an amazing, amazing team and it's ridiculous that you can't take the time off from your criticism to appreciate that. Instead you complain, complain, complain like this is a mediocre team. Did you start watching in 2003? You seem like a spoiled Pats fan.

There's a difference between "not drinking the Kool-Aid" and complaining about a 16-0 team as if they're 9-7 and squeezing their way into the playoffs. You do realize that this team accomplished something that no other team has ever done? They won EVERY ****ING GAME so far this year. EVERY GAME. We've won the Super Bowl three times before and we still lost games. This is an amazing, amazing team and it's ridiculous that you can't take the time off from your criticism to appreciate that. Instead you complain, complain, complain like this is a mediocre team. Did you start watching in 2003? You seem like a spoiled Pats fan.

i'd rather finish 8 & 8, get in post-season in a wild card tie-breaker and win the super bowl, than finish 16 & 0 and not win the super bowl.

i'd rather finish 8 & 8, get in post-season in a wild card tie-breaker and win the super bowl, than finish 16 & 0 and not win the super bowl.

What does THAT have to do with the fact our Patriots are perfect today? Are you actually saying you can't find joy in having a perfect regular season today?

You're not a player, so it's ok for you forget about the playoffs for now and relish in this great accomplishment. I know there are some foolish fans who act as if they are player and try to stay focused on one game at a time. but that's BS for fans. We don't and shouldn't do that. What harm comes from speculating that we'll make it to and win the super bowl. It's not bad luck, so what's your problem?

Belichick doesn't give out his kool aid to anyone but the players. So we know you haven't had any.

Wow, you just don't get the point, do you? Would you agree that the 16-0 Patriots are better than some generic 8-8 team that squeezes into the playoffs? And wouldn't it therefore be safe to say that the better team has a better chance of winning the Super Bowl? I mean, for starters we have a first-round bye. Secondly, we've beaten three of the best teams in the NFL - San Diego, Indianapolis, and Dallas. The point remains that we just completed the greatest regular season in modern NFL history, and we didn't just get lucky. We beat great teams and we persevered and won games that lesser teams would have lost. We have the greatest quarterback in the NFL today (and arguably in history) and two of the NFL's best receivers. Did I mention we haven't lost?

I'm not saying I think this team is perfect. I know we're not just going to walk through the Super Bowl - you'd have to be a real idiot to think that. But right now I'm enjoying something special, which you'd think any real Pats fan would take the time to do.

the fact that the starter of this thread also started these threads makes what ever he says moot.....the poster seems to lack any real football knowledge.

16-0 is a great great accomplishments, and we should all enjoy such a great team. The team comes back on Thursday to start get ready for the playoffs, until then...we should all enjoy the accomplishment.

Perhaps it would be more constructive if you just said your opinion.

And you decide what's constructive? -:) I think what I said was pretty clear. Sorry you can't get that.

Last edited:
And you decide what's constructive? -:) I think what I said was pretty clear. Sorry you can't get that.

now your going to be an insulting ***hat, if you can't offer constructive criticism on the thread, you should just read instead of posting

now your going to be an insulting ***hat, if you can't offer constructive criticism on the thread, you should just read instead of posting

Are all Patriots fans supposed to think exactly alike? It seems you think so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back