PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

We are FAR FROM PERFECT

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know, this complaint seems very reasonable to me.

What happens next year when we try and defend our perfect season?

What if we lose a game?

We'd be the only team in history to unsuccessfully defend a 16-0 regular season.

Thats the type of embarrassment that I, personally, can well do without :mad:

Good thing you are just some internet loser who is not affiliated with the team.

perfect season means winning all of your games that season, including playoffs. perfect "regualar season" followed by losing in the post season will remembered poorly. not only are we a distant 3 games from perfection but those 3 games will be our toughest all season:

- divisional round: probably jaguars, a team with nothing to lose that is also the most physical in the nfl;
- conference final: probably colts or chargers. as defending champes colts won't go down easy and unlike regular season they could have marvin harrison back. if it's chargers, they're a better team than last year with rivers getting another season under his belt and the acquisition of a legitimate WR in chambers;
- super bow: most likely packers or cowboys. both of these teams have top QB's and they can score points.

this is far from over and anything but easy.

You look at the glass as half-empty while I see it as half-full. We are over 85% of the way to 19-0. If we can win 16 in a row, surely we can win 3 in a row. If we can beat the Cowboys & Colts in their stadium, surely we can beat any team that comes into ours.

If you are not convinced of this yet, then you are a doubting-Thomas and you'll have to wait 3 more games. Even down by 12 last night, I was convinced we'd come back & win.

Good thing you are just some internet loser who is not affiliated with the team.
To be fair to the poster I think he was being sarcastic ;)

You guys don't like what the coach said after the game?

See, you always want to control the flow of sentiment and exchange of data. That is what you are really all about. You can't even allow people to say what they are thinking without laying some guilt trip on them that you want to celebrate. So go celebrate. Who is stopping you? Leave the thread alone if you don't like it.

Another of the LOSER crowd checks in. You seem to have missed what the coach said after the game. Because he clearly stated that the team was going to be off for a couple days and that they were going to ENJOY the 16-0.

The OP has a point, and it's a valid point, and it's the truth, and it was stated by everybody from Bill Belichick after the game to Bob Kuchinberg. Gee, do you think it's a valid thing to say?

Or are we supposed to act like fricking cheer leaders in order to satisfy your grumpy little man?

YOUR A GODDAMNED FAN. So yes, you are supposed to act like a cheerleader. And NO, it wasn't stated by Belichick in that way. Maybe you should take your head out of your arse for a change so you can actually understand things.

You are the gumpies, let me tell you. You are Mercury Morris in a Patriots suit. You can't spell the word "relevant", as in relevant point.

You want to celebrate? Fine, who is stopping you? Are we preventing your perfect little world by exchanging ideas that aren't celebratory? Well look at it this way: We're smarter than you and better than you because WE'VE MOVED ON.

*ROFLMAO* You aren't smarter than a pile of dog turd and you sure as hell aren't better than me. If you've moved on already, good for you. It means your nothing but a bandwagon moron who doesn't understand the signifigance of the history he just watched.

We've already slept on this 16-0 thing, and guess what? It's not that big a deal. It's the regular season, dude. It's like pre-season, and quite frankly I don't give a crap if you don't get that and can't get your feet out of your celebratory cement today.

I'm moving on and I'm discussing things to do with the regular season but I'm not BLOCKING OUT talk of the post-season.

Good for the OP who reminded us that we are FAR FROM PERFECT. [/quote]

It IS a big deal moron. Otherwise other teams would have done it previously.

As for having slept on it. Good for you. BB and the team are going to be enjoying it for another 2-3 days.

The regular season is NOTHING like the pre-season and you saying that it is shows how ignorant you truly are.

Oh, the blasphemy of repeating what the coach said. And now you'll say, "But we're not the coach" as if that negates the obvious, in your face truth. Truth is, and you are not.

What is blasphemy is your misquoting of the coach. You might want to rewatch the interview because you missed about 99% of what BB said.

LOL you guys are rough.

call me crazy but i see nothin wrong with the original post. im sure the guy was just as happy and thankful as the rest of us last night but its not too early to start talkin playoffs - the true challenge. we will need to beat 3 great teams in a row to top this off or we dont accomplish our goal.

What you call hillarious I call stupid.

Even the coach publically mentioned the playoffs and the work left to be done. Even the QB mentioned it. Even Bob Kuchinberg mentioned it.

Are they Hatriots too?

The coach and QB also mentioned taking some time to ENJOY what they've accomplished. You might want to STFU because you keep diggin yourself a deeper grave every time you post.

Wow. The Jags have nothing to lose in the PLAYOFFS? They are exempt from the NFL's win and go on, lose and go home playoff format?
Don't use logic. He isn't trying to present a point - he's trying to be a dork.

Like, the Pats, he's perfect at what he does.

dude wake up. any team that we're likely to face - jags, colts, bolts, packers, cowboys - can beat us. every single one. and if the team is infected with your living in the past of an undefeated regular season, one of them will defeat us. and then what will you say?

HEY SFBs. Would you take a long walk off a short pier or something. Everyone KNOWS that any of those teams could beat the Pats. That's why there is a saying "On any given sunday, any team can beat any other team."

YOU are not part of the team, though you might think you are. The TEAM won't be "infected" with living in the past, as you put it. AND, moron, until that 1'st post-season game, the Patriots are STILL a perfect 16-0.

If the Pats should lose, I will applaud their efforts and lament their failure. I am PROUD of what they have accomplished for they have accomplished something NO OTHER TEAM has accomplished in the history of the 16 game schedule.

Me thinks Newton Tom Cat just did this to attract a lot of postings so that (s)he can keep responding that will push up his/her status to a veteran starter level! :D

Chill out guys. Just enjoy the other games and let's come back to we-are-a-crappy-football-team-that-might-get-blown-out-on-the-first-round-of-playoffs after a few days.

I am halfway around the world right now and was pretty bummed that I couldn't see the game. But making up for it by getting goosebumps when reading about all our various achievements and records. And then I stumble into this...:eek: Just kidding...:)

perfect season means winning all of your games that season, including playoffs. perfect "regualar season" followed by losing in the post season will remembered poorly. not only are we a distant 3 games from perfection but those 3 games will be our toughest all season:

- divisional round: probably jaguars, a team with nothing to lose that is also the most physical in the nfl;
- conference final: probably colts or chargers. as defending champes colts won't go down easy and unlike regular season they could have marvin harrison back. if it's chargers, they're a better team than last year with rivers getting another season under his belt and the acquisition of a legitimate WR in chambers;
- super bow: most likely packers or cowboys. both of these teams have top QB's and they can score points.

I nominate you for this week's Mr Obvious Award.

Except for saying the Jaguars have nothing to lose, which is total nonsense. You don't think they want to win the Super Bowl? If they lose to the Pats, or any other team for that matter, that dream would be over. In fact, they have just as much to lose as the Pats or any of the other play-off teams.

The Pats have their perfect regular season in the bank. Now all they have to do is go to work and achieve the relatively ordinary task of winning two postseason games and the Super Bowl (which will then incidentally give them the perfect season). They've won Super Bowls before. But of course there are no promises, no one is just going to hand it to them.

Some people can't be happy unless they are unhappy about something.

Who's unhappy? The OP made the point that there is a long way to go.

He's right, and he's only reiterating what the coach and players said right after the game.

1) Only the MEDIOTS and losers like Shula and the rest of the 72 Dolphins will think that the 16-0 means NOTHING without the play-offs.

Tedy said it. Tom said it. The coach said it. Where the hell are you getting your opinion?

Nothing like only taking PART of what they said, SFBs. They said (paraphrasing), that once the play-offs start, it means nothing. They did NOT say what they had done meant nothing. But keep it up. Prove to everyone how stupid you really are. Oh wait. We already know. You are the guy who sh!ts on someone else for spelling issues only to commit them yourself.

Perhaps the word "nothing" confuses you. OK, they did accomplish *something* by winning out the regular season. There is a bigger context though, and in that context, to a man, the coaches, players, and even you, will be dragging in the depths of despair if that 16-0 doesn't become 19-0.

*LOL* Sorry SFBs, I won't be dragging in the depths of despair if the Patriots should lose. I will be disappointed, sure. Everyone should be. But that is the FUTURE. The present, here and NOW, is that there are still 14 games to be played before the end of the regular season and another 2 games before the Pats know who their opponent will be in the divisional round of the play-offs. Until then, the Patriots are 16-0 and have accomplished something that no other team in history has done.

So argue all you want about the word "nothing" but it's nothing. In the larger context, in the context of the actual goal - it's nothing. You know it too.

You go argue about "nothing." Me? I plan on being proud of the team that I root for because they have accomplished many things. And, yes, those accomplishments will go on the back burner until after the play-offs, but the play-offs haven't started yet. So, until then, I will relish them.

Maybe you and NTC should delete your accounts and go out and experience life for a change. Learn how to not be so damn negative. Or is that the only way you can feel some sort of accomplishment in your life? By being miserable when others are happy?

perfect season means winning all of your games that season, including playoffs. perfect "regualar season" followed by losing in the post season will remembered poorly. not only are we a distant 3 games from perfection but those 3 games will be our toughest all season:....

You guys don't like what the coach said after the game?

See, you always want to control the flow of sentiment and exchange of data. That is what you are really all about. You can't even allow people to say what they are thinking without laying some guilt trip on them that you want to celebrate. So go celebrate. Who is stopping you? Leave the thread alone if you don't like it.

The OP has a point, and it's a valid point, and it's the truth, and it was stated by everybody from Bill Belichick after the game to Bob Kuchinberg. Gee, do you think it's a valid thing to say?

Or are we supposed to act like fricking cheer leaders in order to satisfy your grumpy little man?

You are the gumpies, let me tell you. You are Mercury Morris in a Patriots suit. You can't spell the word "relevant", as in relevant point.

You want to celebrate? Fine, who is stopping you? Are we preventing your perfect little world by exchanging ideas that aren't celebratory? Well look at it this way: We're smarter than you and better than you because WE'VE MOVED ON.

We've already slept on this 16-0 thing, and guess what? It's not that big a deal. It's the regular season, dude. It's like pre-season, and quite frankly I don't give a crap if you don't get that and can't get your feet out of your celebratory cement today.

I'm moving on and I'm discussing things to do with the regular season but I'm not BLOCKING OUT talk of the post-season.

Good for the OP who reminded us that we are FAR FROM PERFECT.

Oh, the blasphemy of repeating what the coach said. And now you'll say, "But we're not the coach" as if that negates the obvious, in your face truth. Truth is, and you are not.

I just wanted to add my perspective here. Both of you are acting like tools. Belichick gave his team until Thursday to rest and enjoy the win. Maybe you two could try doing the same instead of behaving like complete idiots? Do you really want to go through life acting like Michael Felger?

He's right, and he's only reiterating what the coach and players said right after the game.

Why do you continue to LIE and ignore the other things that they said?

Hell, BB was quoted for you. BB said he was going to allow the players to enjoy their accomplishments for a few days.

The original post would have been great after next week's games were played. Right now? Hell, the regular season isn't even over and no one has any idea who the Pats opponent is going to be. So, why not sit back and ENJOY the moment. Just like the Patriots players and coaches are doing?

16-0 is lovely, but 19-0 is what everyone REALLY wants.

Coach Belichick, is that you? Are you the architect of three superbowl winning seasons for the Patriots since 2001? I am confident you can keep the whole undefeated season thing in perspective and don't need to convince the fan base of your competence as head coach.

They said that they are happy with what they accomplished and that they would enjoy it for a couple of days.

If you and the "OP" can't do that, I feel sorry for you.

Obviously they can't since they were here almost immediately banging away at the meaningless of it all and the stupidity of enjoying a once in 35 year event.

See, you always want to control the flow of sentiment and exchange of data.

This guy must be a hoot to sit next to at a game....pockets stuffed with flow charts, Blackberry hooked into a mainframe crunching data, telling everyone around him to keep it down."I couldn't believe those moronic fans who I'm smarter than standing up and cheering because the Patriots scored a touchdown. Don't these idiots know it doesn't matter? They'll NEVER learn"

They said that they are happy with what they accomplished and that they would enjoy it for a couple of days.

If you and the "OP" can't do that, I feel sorry for you.

natsPutinme :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey