Welcome to PatsFans.com

We are DOOMED!

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Holy Diver, Aug 18, 2010.

1. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign Hall of Fame Poster

Ratings:
    +452 / 5 / -23

#18 Jersey

One of my biggest "pet-peeves" about the parent of this new generation is the wussification process you're referring to.

Not every kid deserves a trophy and if your kid doesn't get one and cries, that's good for him/her. No game should end in a tie no matter what age they are.

We all have to learn that in life, there are losers and winners. No matter what we do, some people win while other's lose. Getting a taste of losing is a great experience for a kid, so why do parents try to shield them from it?

Beats me RW :confused2:

2. sdaniels7114

sdaniels7114 Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

Tell that to the admins of the NFL, NBA, NHL and MLS. Heck, if two cars cross the finish line simultaneously in NASCAR(an extreme long shot to be sure) that's a tie too.

3. TBradyOwnsYou

TBradyOwnsYou 2nd Team Getting Their First Start

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

The world became doomed when "Paris Hilton" became known no longer as a place, but as a person.

4. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

Not much different from a drug one. You should have seen the kid's face when he realized how foolish he looked to us. He was on the verge of tears from embarrassment. It felt good because not only did he see the light, but he respected our opinion and could recognize we weren't busting him just for kicks (which we do on occasion, to the kids -as often as needed). Not all hope is lost.

5. PatriotsReign

Ratings:
    +452 / 5 / -23

#18 Jersey

Sounds like you didn't give in to the "wussification process" RW is referring to. Maybe you're rare in that you actually realize the way we brought up was a pretty damn good way for parents to teach their children (well, their father's hell will slowly go by....couldn't help myself!) about life.

6. PatriotsReign

Ratings:
    +452 / 5 / -23

#18 Jersey

sd, I'm referring to sports that aren't supposed to end in a tie. And my main point is that it's good for a kid to get a taste of LOSING at a young age. Many parents today panic when their kid cries....that's very sad.

Kids aren't supposed to only feel joy and they're no different than they were generations ago.

7. Leave No Doubt

Leave No Doubt PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Maybe there's hope! Erica Goldston, HS valedictorian June 2010. Read the whole thing:
    Valedictorian Speaks Out Against Schooling in Graduation Speech by Erica Goldson

She goes on to elaborate, great speech by this girl!

8. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +676 / 7 / -2

Welcome to the 21st century pal. :bricks: