PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

We are at least where I expected us to be

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: We are at least where I expected us to be.

Consider all the discussions of the team before the season started, and after Seymour was traded.

It is awesome if it is already true that "The defense can so far be relied on not to lose games" Before the season started, that was all we needed with Brady and the offense that will arguably be as good as 2007 before the playoffs. And we didn't expect to be ablt to count on the defense until mid-season.

And, of course, the defense will get better.

The defense can so far be relied on not to lose games, but it's not a Baltimore 2000 kind of defense that can totally shut down an opposing offense and singlehandedly win games by itself. And our offense has not been good enough to step up and do what it takes to win games on a consistent basis - including last week, when we could have put the game away instead of forcing the defense to make a stand. The defense shut down the Ravens when it had to last week. It couldn't shut down the Broncos when it had to this week. It's good, but not good enough to do that week in and week out.

Re: We are at least where I expected us to be.

We're 3--2, but, let's be honest, we're also a botched Bills' KO return and a dropped Flacco pass from most likely being 1--4
That type of argument swings both ways. We're a(n) [fill in any penalty here] away from beating the Broncos. 4-1.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes