PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

WBZTV: wind chill -10 during game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
So will this be like the second coldest playoff game ever for the Pats? We all remember the -12 wind chill against the Titans in 04.

So will this be like the second coldest playoff game ever for the Pats? We all remember the -12 wind chill against the Titans in 04.

pretty close. Though the Titan game the winds were not there.....it was just bone chilling cold clear evening....Brrrrrrrrrrrr

Coffee sales will be 5:1 over Beer sales. :bricks:

All I can think of is how they played against the Ravens in the cold. The best weapon the Pats have is there passing game. How is this good for that?

The offense will be fine with a short passing game and hopefully Maroney continues to play great.

All I can think of is how they played against the Ravens in the cold. The best weapon the Pats have is there passing game. How is this good for that?

Chargers are already planning to take away the long pass (same as Colts gameplan). Winds should not affect the short passing game...look for Welker, and Faulk/Maroney dump offs. Stall is also great for short passes and YAC

Also, how will Chargers prepare to secure the ball in such bone chilling cold when they have yet to play a game in those conditions. I can easily see Chargers having couple of fumbles. Pats have played games in the cold weather/wind conditions, as well will practice this week
HUGE advantage. Our D game plan needs to be physical

Chargers are already planning to take away the long pass (same as Colts gameplan).

You are just guessing at what the Chargers plan to do.

Anyway, not in bad weather, that's for sure. The Chargers will play to defend the short passing game in wind and -10 weather.

Last edited:
Crap. The weatherchannel.com has a "high winds" notation on it. LoMo better get his game on. At least this will limit their occassional downfield strikes too.

Here is the actual Accuweather forecast:

Low: 8 °F RealFeel®: -10 °F
A moonlit sky, brisk and very cold; extreme cold can be dangerous for outdoor activities

That was wind, not temperature.

Wind shouldn't be a huge deal Sunday, unless you believe they are going to be playing much of the game down by two scores like last year. Don't see it happening.

It wasn't that cold; it was the wind. That day, there were gusts of up to 53 mph.

Here is the actual Accuweather forecast:

Low: 8 °F RealFeel®: -10 °F
A moonlit sky, brisk and very cold; extreme cold can be dangerous for outdoor activities

Game will be over by 7pm.
It's not going to be 8 degrees during the game. It'll be in the low 20's/upper teens. Wind is going to be the bigger problem.

Those in the red seats will no doubt want to watch this game at the bar in the Fidelity Club.

SO it's only going to feel like 1-4 degrees, that's so much better.

Also I wonder where they do their measurements from, many times have I read that there is no wind before going to a game then get up there to find the lots at least windy. I think because they sit on the hill (at least on the south side) it always gets a breeze. As for the stadium usually even at it's coldest (like TEN in 03) I've never been that uncomfortable once the people pack it in. (plus being numb by then).

Last edited:
pretty close. Though the Titan game the winds were not there.....it was just bone chilling cold clear evening....Brrrrrrrrrrrr

Coffee sales will be 5:1 over Beer sales. :bricks:

I wouldn't bet on it

I think that even if it does get windy enough to hamper the Pats' long passing game, it will be more detrimental to the Chargers. Even beyond the obvious shock to their systems, the lingering injuries to Rivers, Tomlinson, and Gates will seem that much worse.

Whatever is our coldest game record (Tennessee '03), it pales in comparison to San Diego's coldest game on record.

In the 1981 AFC Championship Game at Cincinnati, it was something like -20 degrees, with a wind chill of something like -40. I was at grad school in Ann Arbor, Michigan back then and it was around -20 where I was. Coldest day of my life. OBTW the Bengals easily beat SD 27-7 to gain entry into Super Bowl XVI. The Chargers could do nothing with that bitter cold.

I say this only because I say extreme cold does affect teams from temperate climates, and you don't get any more temperate than San Diego. The colder, the better.

Bob G

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye