WBZ Interview with Patriots QB Ryan Mallett - Transcript

Status
Not open for further replies.

PatsFans.com Article

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
WBZ Interview with Patriots QB Ryan Mallett - Transcript
By: Ian Logue

WBZ's Steve Burton and Scott Zolak caught up with Ryan Mallett following Thursday night's game. Here's a transcript of that interview:...

The interview should be:

Q: Why did you suck so bad last night ?

A: Because I am what I am, barely a crappy 3rd string QB on most teams.

End of interview.

steve burton seems like a all around nice person a pleasant person. but man he is awful at doing interviews of any kind. his questions suk and his interviews always seem so awkward for everybody involved. i heard him a couple times on weei and thought he was made for radio. hes great with callers and just comes off much better doing radio.

Last edited:
Burton is incredibly knee jerk for a guy who grew up around the game and played it in college. And once he goes off on a tangent he pokes sticks seeking validation. BB looked like he'd have loved to slap him upside the head ala NCIS during that forced, throwaway, contractual half time sideline 60 second interview. He was asking him to pointedly comment on player performance. What planet has this guy inhabited for the last decade...

Steve Burton is a man in the empty suit. Pleasant looking. Pleasant person. No substance. No interior depth. No insight. Spouts platitudes and as Mo observed doesn't have a clue about the big guy he's interviewing. Pretty damning for a guy whose career is pretty much Patriots.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back