PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Wayne Hunter meet Albert Haynesworth

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shouldn't the title of this thread be Andre Carter meet Wayne Hunter? Haynesworth will most likely be up against Matt Slauson or Brandon Moore. Carter actually had some pressures last week and was held a lot. He might be a nuisance to Sanchez tomorrow.

Shouldn't the title of this thread be Andre Carter meet Wayne Hunter? Haynesworth will most likely be up against Matt Slauson or Brandon Moore. Carter actually had some pressures last week and was held a lot. He might be a nuisance to Sanchez tomorrow.

Andre Carter lines up on the right side of the DL, thus he faces the LT. Therefore he should be lined up against Ferguson, unless Bill changes things up which I wouldn't be opposed to cause I think Carter could dominate Hunter.

But if he goes with his normal DL formation than Ellis and Cunningham would be the ones lining up against Hunter.

Andre Carter lines up on the right side of the DL, thus he faces the LT. Therefore he should be lined up against Ferguson, unless Bill changes things up which I wouldn't be opposed to cause I think Carter could dominate Hunter.

But if he goes with his normal DL formation than Ellis and Cunningham would be the ones lining up against Hunter.

I am figuring that Belichick might put his best pass rusher on the weakest part of the Jets' o-line. But then again, Ferguson has been wildly inconsistent this year. So he might want to take his chances over there.

Excellent response, I stripped down your post to the point I want to see. Look at Baltimore, they were great. I just want to see the Patriots play defense like that once, and I want it to be against the Jets.

In a zero-sum NFL, if the Pats had the personnel on D to be like the Ravens D, they would have the personnel on O to be like the Ravens O.

It would be like 2006 on this forum again.

Last edited:
In a zero-sum NFL, if the Pats had the personnel on D to be like the Ravens D

IMO the problem is not the personnel. Baltimore's front 7 includes only 2 special players and those two are Ngata and Suggs. Lewis is liability in coverage, while the rest are young and inexperienced or JAGs, like Cory Redding. Sure the Ravens have Ed Reed but they also have absolutely nothing else besides him. Cary Williams? Chris Carr? Come on.

The Pats have Haynesworth, Wilfork, Carter, Ellis, Mayo, Chung, Bodden, Wright, McCourty, and a couple of 2nd round picks in Spikes and Cunningham. Talent-wise, this defense SHOULD be at the very least above average.

If Haynesworth plays I'd be tempted to give Mark Anderson the start lined up on Hunter he would be far too fast for Hunter to handle.

lol this **** makes me laugh

dude hasn't had a big day since he was a titan

This is his last chance in the NFL with the Pats..he is going to make it count. Glad i can make you laugh sunshine

I swear to god that if Haynesworth doesn't play well this week I'm going to wait for him to play well next week.

LMAO...

I suppose, PJ, this is why your tag line says "unleash the beast"...it doesnt go on to exhort the beast to actually DO anything after being unleashed....:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back