PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Wayne Hunter meet Albert Haynesworth

Status
Not open for further replies.

cstjohn17

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
This is why the got Big Al, to exploit matchups against inferior offensive linemen.

In a tough division matchup one or two plays make the difference, I hope he can get his fat, lazy rear in gear and come through against the Jets.

I am feeling a big day from Haynesworth

I swear to god that if Haynesworth doesn't play well this week I'm going to wait for him to play well next week.

Four sacks minimum for the team, even assuming they have Mangold.

Last edited:
I swear to god that if Haynesworth doesn't play well this week I'm going to wait for him to play well next week.

Now don't go crazy on us here, PJ.

I thought that Haysneworth was more of a rt tackle, I suppose that BB would move his guys around to exploit match ups, still it would be nice if the rush didn't come from Sanchez's blind side.

pain.gif

You mean Matt Slausen?. 3tech DT plays opposite the LG.

BTW, Slausen is a douche.

Four sacks minimum for the team, even assuming they have Mangold.

Would love to see it but I don't think it is going to happen. For some inexplicable reason, reports out of NY have detailed a "shot clock" in practices that goes off after 3 seconds if the ball isn't released. Much like the red/yellow/green system instituted after the San-grenade imploded in NE in 2009, these gimmicks only seem to reinforce the immature child lurking in the back of his psyche.

So Sanchez is looking to drop back 3 steps and fire. After the beating he took last week and the practices this week literally buzzing at him to get rid of the ball, there is no way he will be sitting in the pocket long enough to get sacked. He will make his pre-snap read and damn the torpedoes.

So what should the Pats do?

1) Focus on run fits. If the Jets have no success with the run early, they won't be able to stay with it later. Sanchez can be successful unless/until he believes the game is on his shoulders.

2) Collapse the pocket with a standard 4 man rush. Don't let Sanchez step up cleanly and keep contain on the offensive right for bootlegs. Push for 2 counts and then look to get your hands up (Haynesworth is 6'6", Ellis is 6'5", Warren/Carter/Anderson/Wright are all 6'4"...Sanchez is 6'2").

3) Give Sanchez a clean man-2-man read. Knowing he is going to throw a quick slant or comeback, vary the coverage post-snap by flooding the short zones with 5 or 6 defenders.

4) Don't sweat the deep stuff. Plax has only 10 catches with a 26 yd long. Holmes and Mason are about the same. Keller can get deep but it will almost certainly be over the middle so vary the LB drops and/or keep a single high safety...basically make Keller have to think during his route running.

5) Put a spy on LT when he is in. Sanchez will look to him 6-8 times a game guaranteed. He is the difference between Sanchez feeling comfortable or pooping his pants.

So rather than looking to kill Sanchez and allow him to complete 4 yd slants endlessly, I'm thinking the Pats will look to force Sanchez to throw and take advantage after he lets the ball go. I'm afraid the "where's the pass rush" crowd will have to be satisfied with 3 picks and a double digit win.

Last edited:
kill Sanchez

Excellent response, I stripped down your post to the point I want to see. Look at Baltimore, they were great. I just want to see the Patriots play defense like that once, and I want it to be against the Jets.

Would love to see it but I don't think it is going to happen. For some inexplicable reason, reports out of NY have detailed a "shot clock" in practices that goes off after 3 seconds if the ball isn't released. Much like the red/yellow/green system instituted after the San-grenade imploded in NE in 2009, these gimmicks only seem to reinforce the immature child lurking in the back of his psyche.

So Sanchez is looking to drop back 3 steps and fire. After the beating he took last week and the practices this week literally buzzing at him to get rid of the ball, there is no way he will be sitting in the pocket long enough to get sacked. He will make his pre-snap read and damn the torpedoes.

So what should the Pats do?

1) Focus on run fits. If the Jets have no success with the run early, they won't be able to stay with it later. Sanchez can be successful unless/until he believes the game is on his shoulders.

2) Collapse the pocket with a standard 4 man rush. Don't let Sanchez step up cleanly and keep contain on the offensive right for bootlegs. Push for 2 counts and then look to get your hands up (Haynesworth is 6'6", Ellis is 6'5", Warren/Carter/Anderson/Wright are all 6'4"...Sanchez is 6'2").

3) Give Sanchez a clean man-2-man read. Knowing he is going to throw a quick slant or comeback, vary the coverage post-snap by flooding the short zones with 5 or 6 defenders.

4) Don't sweat the deep stuff. Plax has only 10 catches with a 26 yd long. Holmes and Mason are about the same. Keller can get deep but it will almost certainly be over the middle so vary the LB drops and/or keep a single high safety...basically make Keller have to think during his route running.

5) Put a spy on LT when he is in. Sanchez will look to him 6-8 times a game guaranteed. He is the difference between Sanchez feeling comfortable or pooping his pants.

So rather than looking to kill Sanchez and allow him to complete 4 yd slants endlessly, I'm thinking the Pats will look to force Sanchez to throw and take advantage after he lets the ball go. I'm afraid the "where's the pass rush" crowd will have to be satisfied with 3 picks and a double digit win.
I pretty much agree with everything you wrote but the "spy" thing on LT. The key to limiting LT out of the backfield is to tackle him before he gets past the LOS. He'll beat one on one coverage all day unless its a CB The Ravens did a very good job of doing just that.

A coupe of other things that I'd add

Get a lot of men at the LOS even when we aren't blitzing. Turn about is fair play. The threat of pressure should be very successful in getting Sanchez to release the ball quickly and then trap the slant, and seem passes to the TE he likes so much

Sending a S off the corner like the Ravens did will be a problem for them when we have 5 DBs in the line up.

Give Plax to Boddin, and have Dowling on Keller (McCourty on Holmes) when we go man

DO NOT allow Keller to run in the seems. He cannot get off the LOS without getting hit.

Finally the age old, stop the run.

Smash Sanchez early...provoke his inner Turtle....the rest is ancillary.

The Jets did NOT score an offensive touchdown last week.

Hit him early and Tooter Turtle plays the rest of the game...PROVEN EYE TO EYE FACT.

tooter_turtle_help_mr_wizard.jpg

This is why the got Big Al, to exploit matchups against inferior offensive linemen.

In a tough division matchup one or two plays make the difference, I hope he can get his fat, lazy rear in gear and come through against the Jets.

If he can GET ON and STAY ON the field......that would be amazing and incredible.

is albert haynsworth def playing , because if he is not the only place wayne hunter might see him is at the local dunkin dounts....

Haynesworth has a back problem and was only seen stretching for the media this week, so my guess is he does not play. Getting just one of either Haynesworth or Wright on the field helps the rotation of fresh DLs as the game wears on.

However, Kyle Love is proving to be a tough guy who causes interior problems and enables Vince "The Human Vacuum" Wilfork to drop back in pass coverage and disrupt the opponent's passing game. If Sanchez is practicing a quick hit passing game, look for The Human Vaccuum to make it three in a row with a pick and rumblin', bumblin', stumblin' highlight. Maybe Love ought to start at the nose and The Human Vacuum could start in place of Sergio "The Human Turnstile" Brown at safety.

This quick release plan by the Jets is also good news since it means that the Jets will be more reliant on YAC than downfield routes by their trio of veteran receivers. This takes pressure off of the Patriots crappy safeties and means more hits on the receivers by the linebackers. There is greater need to jam the WRs at the line and make Sanchez think fast.

Forcing Sanchez to fire the ball into short routes should work to the Patriots' defensive advantage. Joe Montana, he's not.

Last edited:

The Jets OL sucked before Mangold went down.

I really doubt that the Jets will be able to run ball.

Excellent response, I stripped down your post to the point I want to see. Look at Baltimore, they were great. I just want to see the Patriots play defense like that once, and I want it to be against the Jets.

Everyone says something like this every year. When will we all accept it just isn't our style? Not everyone can play D like Baltimore.

How 'bout, blow up Sanchez?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye