PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Watt power for Pats D-line?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Watt? Who knows, it's too early. I've seen him projected as high as #9 and as low as #40(ish).

I'd like to see a 3-4 DE drafted, be it Watt, Heyward, Jordan, Bailey, whoever. I don't think, with Warren and Wright returning, a rookie end will see much playing time in 2011, but gawd do we need some depth.

As for RB, why spend such a high pick unless the guy is can't miss? Starting RBs come from all corners of the draft as well as UDFA. I think some interior line depth would go a lot farther toward helping the long-term interests of the offense.

Tom Condon as his agent = no chance

I'm thinking Adrian Clayborn from Iowa before Watt.

I'm thinking Adrian Clayborn from Iowa before Watt.

He's extremely undersized and I've heard that his frame is basically maxes out already.

Being a MSU fan and having watched both Clayborn and Watt, I'd take Watt over Clayborn in a heartbeat. 292lbs @ 6 foot 6 is disgusting. He's also younger.

Last edited:
All I need to Know about JJ Watt...

YouTube - Wisconsin Emotional interviews with JJ Watt and Bret Bielema after Rose Bowl loss

I don't have time to follow college football much at all, between now and April I start looking at mock drafts and checking out highlight reels on Youtube. After watching his highlight reel and seeing the above youtube clip, this is a guy I'm hoping lands here. (which means he prb won't).

Anyways, I was wonder what are the opinions of those who watch a lot more college football then I do. Can you see JJ fitting in with BB and the Pats?

Re: All I need to Know about JJ Watt...

Horrible fit, lacks ideal size;)

Tom Condon is his agent. Snowball's chance in hell.

Tom Condon is his agent. Snowball's chance in hell.
I've heard the talk about the agent before, but the reality is, once he's drafted, the agent doesn't really have alot of say, they are pretty much slotted a salary, and really don't have much leverage.

Horrible fit, lacks ideal size;)
He is listed as an inch taller and 8 lbs less then Ty Warren, so I'm not sure how thats true. Also once guys get on an NFL team from the college ranks, they often put on more muscel.

I've heard the talk about the agent before, but the reality is, once he's drafted, the agent doesn't really have alot of say, they are pretty much slotted a salary, and really don't have much leverage.

Didn't stop Condon from making Watson hold out 18 days...

And it didn't stop Watson from having a decent career as a N.E. Patriot

Yeah it did. He had to switch agents ;)

Those days are over. Back then the Patriots had leeway as to offering the length of contract.

That can't happen anymore.

This kid looks like an ideal fit at that #17 slot if the Patriots don't trade up.

For a 300 pound kid, he looks to have some mobility.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down