PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Watson value

Revman

Practice Squad Player
Reaction score
Big Ben has not lived up to his round one draft spot. What would be the fair market value for Watson? Additions of Alex Smith and Chris Baker would make Watson a possible trade option.

Al Davis would probably love him for his speed. Other smarter teams wouldn't give a 3rd rounder for him.

send him to the raiders for burgess
Not sure who gets the better of the bargain here...might make sense..but since DAVIS wanted a 2nd and Vollmer and O'Connell...not happening...

Big Ben has not lived up to his round one draft spot. What would be the fair market value for Watson? Additions of Alex Smith and Chris Baker would make Watson a possible trade option.

How is his draft slot relevant to his current value?

He's good, but not good enough to be the focus of an offense. I don't have a problem with a TE like that on an offense with Randy Moss.

Last edited:
I would actually like to see Watson get extended, but at a lower overall pay. The Pats can say that he didnt play up to the last contract and therefore should take a pay cut.
He's relatively young, is a decent all-around option and you know hes going to be effective till hes in his 30's, so why not have him mature with us, hes only going to get better.

who said that's what davis wants?

Actually, my understanding is he was asking for Vollmer (= 2009 second-rounder) + O'Connell, not Vollmer + O'Connell + second-rounder.

I'm really happy what we've done in the off-season at TE. Chris Baker is good at both blocking and receiving. Alex Smith can play well.

Ben has been a disappointment, no doubt. We had such high expectations for him because of his freakish athletic ability and high IQ.

He just hasn't put it together for a season. This year will be his last as a Patriot, IMO.

Unless he lights it up consistently.

And I'm not willing to give up on Dave Thomas yet. Let's give him one more year.

TE is a solid group.

I wish I could say the same about OLB.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back