PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Watson hires Rosenhaus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe this will force us to find a tight end who can catch the ball.

Watson will make a pretty penny somewhere.

Say goodbye to Watson then, lol.

good bye watson.

So who do you guys like for TE's in the draft? This has instantly become on-topic.

So long, Ben.

All joking aside, does anyone know of any current or former Patriots who have been represented by Rosenhaus during the BB era? It would be interesting to see what precedent this would set for negotiations, etc.

All joking aside, does anyone know of any current or former Patriots who have been represented by Rosenhaus during the BB era? It would be interesting to see what precedent this would set for negotiations, etc.
Hanson, McKenzie, F. Taylor are three. Rosenhaus isn't an issue, we could make a deal with him but it sounded last week like there wasn't a lot of interest from either side so I expect him to move on regardless of the agent.

Watson was gone anyways. Hopefully a mid round pick on te, no more high picks on te's that thy barely use.

See ya Benji Brick Hands.

I wouldn't have minded him staying for a decent home town discount, but there's no chance of that happening now.

He'll be wearing navy, orange and white, or red, white and gold next year.

We will be better served having a TE who is a better blocker than receiver. Why pay someone for their receiver skills if they are like the #4 option out there? That is a waste of cap space.

I still think we erred in not having Graham resigned.

Maybe Bill is going to draft Hoomanawanui or Overbay or even Byham who has room to grow.

Last edited:
do you call agree with the comment that NE is a historically tight end-unfriendly system?

do you call agree with the comment that NE is a historically tight end-unfriendly system?

Well, it definitely isn't a place where you typically see a Gonzalez, Gates, Witten, Clark type tight end. Then again, we've never had a TE with that level of receiving talent either, so it's hard to say. I do think we ask our TE's to be good blockers first and receivers second, which makes it a less glorious position than it could be elsewhere.

Consider BB wanted michael matthews over david thomas.
Mathews was cut 3 games in and thomas had similar numbers to our 1 te as a 2nd tight end.

I think it would be a mistake to not either resign Watson or get a receiving threat TE. Welker could miss huge chunk of the season and right now we don't have any other WRs besides Moss. Having a good catching TE that can have plays drawn up for being #1 option while being a good #2/#3 option on most other plays would be a HUGE safety blanked for Brady.

Having a TE just for blocking and protecting Brady is great and all, but it is a waste when Brady doesn't have anyone to throw the ball to. We lacked that good #3+ option all last season, letting Watson go and not replacing him with a receiving threat TE would be a mistake.

Some of you guys severely under-rate Watson for things he has little control over. I bet he goes elsewhere and becomes a real threat in the passing game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes