PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Watson Graham really hurt, or lack of confidence..

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wish Ben Coates was our TE's coach.

Coates is the TE coach in Cleveland. Yes, Winslow has 71 catches but you know what he's averaging per catch ? 9.8 yards.

Watson is averaging 13.2 YPC.

Watson is doing fine except for this damn fumbling problem.

Coates is the TE coach in Cleveland. Yes, Winslow has 71 catches but you know what he's averaging per catch ? 9.8 yards.

Watson is averaging 13.2 YPC.

Watson is doing fine except for this damn fumbling problem.

That's probably because the Browns are actually using Winslow as what he is, a TE not a damn WR like we're trying to do with Watson.

That's probably because the Browns are actually using Winslow as what he is, a TE not a damn WR like we're trying to do with Watson.

At least you are consistent, was not aware that you could use a TE only one way... the way we use Watson is pretty innovative and based on his strengths, and when he is producing he provides fits for the Defensive Coordinator.

I will never forget, for as long as I live, that photograph of Jose Santiago praying at his family shrine before pitching game 1 of the '67 World Series.

I will never forget, for as long as I live, that photograph of Jose Santiago praying at his family shrine before pitching game 1 of the '67 World Series.
Huh ? Some of you new guys are getting really irritating . . .

made a mistake?.

I apologize, I was speculating. I should have realized how that goes over on this board. :rolleyes:

hey alk, good job.
i've gotten busted on this page for using stats i thought were right.
ya gotta know.
this page is too good for dat.

I expect Thomas to play a lot more than Santiago but if our #3 TE (Thomas) is temporarily the #2 TE then we need a new #3 TE.

need a #3 for the game because patriots use so many 2-TE sets

i suspect they don't plan to play graham or watson...

I expect Thomas to play a lot more than Santiago but if our #3 TE (Thomas) is temporarily the #2 TE then we need a new #3 TE.

the TE is significant in patriot offense.
gotta have 3 when ya go into a game.
IMO the top 3 all have bad dropsies.
who worked on this with tiki barber?

Re: i suspect they don't plan to play graham or watson...

I thought Fauria was on IR for the skins?

Ben is finding out what happens to #1 receivers, the other team keys on you. For a guy who does not have natural hands, he catches fairly well. Unlike a twig WR who is a #1, Ben is a TE and expected to catch the ball and be physical, he doesn't curl himself up to duck beneath the LB and SS headhunters - not that I think he could make himself that small.

Ben's in his second full year, I'm pretty happy with the progression. I still consider Grahambo to be our #1 TE.

As for Thomas, I believe he was still listed on the last injury report, he's doing well for a rookie. (That's Thomas the rookie TE and not our new member with the unconventional posting style - really BBF, there is a serious long term cancer to continue to be annoyed with, let the newbies have an eccentric moment too. We make all sorts of allowances for your sun stroke. :D )

O.J. Santiago looks to be the key to freeing up Grahambo for motion and centerfield duties. Trafford is part of a well balanced Practice Squad - a WR, an OC/G, an OT, a DL, a TE, 2 DBs, and a P. Typical eclectic BB/SP mix and match of future heroes and current training aids.

Re: i suspect they don't plan to play graham or watson...

Did he get hurt falling down?

I thought it was trying to catch a pass

To me Watson and his fumbling have been a major disappointment this year. I'm almost glad he's sitting and IR would not be a tragedy, either...

He just seems lost out there sometimes...

He might need some time to sort himself out and decide if he really wants to be an NFL tight end.

The guy is a heartbreak waiting to happen!

Wow - I couldn't disagree more... an off season poll had most people expecting him to get between 25-50 passes. He's at 49 right now and if not for his injury he'd probably finish with 60 easy.

Keep in mind he's done this as one of only 2 legitimate receiving threats on the team - and not much of a deep threat at all - contstantly double teamed with defenders just about draped all over him. And keep in mind he's done this without having Graham to take some defender pressure away as well.

Sure, he's got more drops than Bam Childress and other guys who don't get thrown the ball all that often - care to guess why that is?

This guy has EXCEEDED the expectations of most of the people on this board - go back and see where you predicted he'd be - but by exceeding expectations in the most challenging of seasons we're calling him a disappointment?

That makes no sense whatsoever!

And now your GLAD we're down to ONE receiving threat????????

Last edited:
Sure the TE's have some drops this year, but I think it is more noteable because the WR's are less affective so we tend to be more critical. The fact of the matter is the pats do not have anyone to preasure a deffense deep on the outside so any miscues from the tight ends are magnified.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes