Watson and Wilfork injuries???

Status
Not open for further replies.

patsox23

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reaction score
any updates?

Good chance you have seen the last of Ben Watson this yr

This is the last thing I've been able to find per Reiss.....

TE Benjamin Watson was injured on a hard hit over the middle in the third quarter, and remained on the ground. He is now up on his feet, moving along the Patriots sideline. We'll pass along any announcement made from the press box on Watson.

It would be a real shame if Wilfork is out for any period of time. He's been a stud for us this year.

As far as Watson, I think he's pressing too much because he's being counted on to be not only the #1 TE but also the #1 WR. If we had a real set of professional WR's then the Pats could use Watson in a way which would be much more beneficial.

Wilfork, was missed in the late third and forth quarter.. He would be a crippling blow if out for the rest of the season..

Just a guess that is it.. I could and hope Im wrong, but that knee being wrapped on the sideline is not a good sign..

I'm sure I saw Vince walking around (I didn't see Watson although Reiss says he did) so I think Vince will be OK.

Well after reading the Herald, Watson seems ok,but when you see a knee wrapped like that you have to be concerned.. What is concerning, is that Wilfork is limping noticably..

The hit on Watson was one of the hardest seen, I wonder if he is just suffering from the impact(shaken up) or if it is serious?? Will not know much until Wednesday.. then may know less.

Well after reading the Herald, Watson seems ok,but when you see a knee wrapped like that you have to be concerned.. What is concerning, is that Wilfork is limping noticably..

so, your Xray vision has both Maroney and Big Vince going on IR.

Must be awesome to have such power.:eek:

so, your Xray vision has both Maroney and Big Vince going on IR.

Must be awesome to have such power.:eek:

I never said anything about Maroney, and I did not say anything about Wilfork on IR... I did say Watson might go on IR, but he seems alright according to the Herald, and Im just going what I read.. The Watson thing was just a guess.

The Watson thing was just a guess.
Just try to be more careful with your wording. If you have no idea, don't say "good chance". That makes it sound like you have a legit reason to say so. Of course, we're all a little P.O.ed right now so we're probably more cranky on this kind of thing than usual :)

Not a prob
Believe me, I thought the same thing seeing that big thing on his knee. I was worried about the ACL to be honest. I haven't read the Herald today, but I'm glad to hear that it sounds not too serious.

They said he was walking around, but Wilfork was not to be seen after the game..

Watson wasn't hit on his knee. He took the hit to he outside of his thigh but it was so hard that it had to have put some strain on that knee as his momentum carried the lower part of his leg to the outside. Basically, net effect is if you were standing straight up and you tried to bend your right knee to the right (outside), rather than forward or backward as it normally goes. If the hit hadn't been so hard, it wouldn't be an issue. Hopefully they were just wrapping it as a precaution and after a few days Watson will be back okay.

The Wilfork injury I didn't see, but Vince will be a catastrophic loss if in fact he is injured.

I never said anything about Maroney, and I did not say anything about Wilfork on IR... I did say Watson might go on IR, but he seems alright according to the Herald, and Im just going what I read.. The Watson thing was just a guess.
Sorry, my bad. I apologize.

I had you confused with another guy who posted that Maroney would go IR.:confused:

They said he was walking around, but Wilfork was not to be seen after the game..
That's disconcerting although I did see Wilfork walking on the sideline - of course, I realize you can tear a ligament and still walk but my gut feeling on Wilfork was that he was basically OK - not that I actually have a clue but I am guessing they'd have kept him off his feet had he done something serious :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes