PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Watson and maroney see increased snaps

Status
Not open for further replies.
I barely recognized the formation they opened up their possession with. Maroney in as a single back with Brady under center? Have they called that formation since training camp!?

I barely recognized the formation they opened up their possession with. Maroney in as a single back with Brady under center? Have they called that formation since training camp!?

I'd feel much better if it wasn't a shotgun snap every time Maroney was the single back. Running out of it on second and third down (distance dictating, of course) is good, but first and ten? No thanks. The defense anticipates the run and the back pretty much gets the ball at a standstill.

before coming onto the field for the final two offensive snaps and making his 8-yard touchdown catch. Gaffney had seemingly been kept on the sidelines after dropping a pass on third down of the team's third drive, but more than made up for it with his TD grab.

seems like gaffeny was in the doghouse temporarily or maybe reiss is reading too much into it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes