PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Watson and Aiken back to practice, per Reiss.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good. Watson is a good tight end and is usually able to get open downfield. Cassel is going to need all the receiving targets he can get.

They were anointed by the coaches as the hardest working players at practice last week and get to show this off by wearing a black jersey

Did any decent TEs come out of the recent draft?

Boy, do we need them this year.

I thought Aiken looked great [on offense] in the day I was at TC. I wonder if he'll eventually be used on offense - he looks like a TE out there. He doesn't have the agility of a WR, but he is huge, and he had good hands.

Great having Watson back. He and Thomas will be important to Cassel's success.

I thought Aiken looked great [on offense] in the day I was at TC. I wonder if he'll eventually be used on offense - he looks like a TE out there. He doesn't have the agility of a WR, but he is huge, and he had good hands.

Great having Watson back. He and Thomas will be important to Cassel's success.

It certainly seemed to be heading that was for Aiken. He often looked great as a receiver in Buffalo, but had the unfortunate habit of being unable to consistently catch the football. I've been rooting for him since day 1, and if he has got his hands together somewhat, he'll certainly be useful to have on the field in running situations.

They would be great to have in the line up for sunday. I wonder if there ready to play injury wise?

I am so glad that the great Sam I Am not Aiken has decided to grace us with his presence. It's about time that this never-was waste of a roster space started trying to earn his undeserved paycheck.

I am so glad that the great Sam I Am not Aiken has decided to grace us with his presence. It's about time that this never-was waste of a roster space started trying to earn his undeserved paycheck.

What the heck?

Aiken is a proven ST ace. He had a terrific camp. He had taken over Izzo's "ST QB" role in practices. BB went out of his way to volunteer praise his effort and professionalism. Then he gets a nasty injury in a preseason game, and so you shower him with abuse?

:confused:

Welcome back, Sam. Glad to have you!

I think Watson might be Cassel's joint best friend on Sunday (along with Welker). Here's hoping the running game can be established early and often, allowing MC to settle into the passing game without too much pressure

http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/reiss_pieces/

I'm not understanding the Black Jerseys thing in his report, though.

If Watson is playing this looks like THE GAME to have our best two TE's on the field.
Practice player of the week: the guys who did the best job on the Scout team preparing the starters for the opposing match-ups. In this case Bubba Ben-Jarvis, the new two-headed monster, simulated KC the best and get some recognition for making the team better. :cool:

What the heck?

Aiken is a proven ST ace. He had a terrific camp. He had taken over Izzo's "ST QB" role in practices. BB went out of his way to volunteer praise his effort and professionalism. Then he gets a nasty injury in a preseason game, and so you shower him with abuse?

:confused:

Welcome back, Sam. Glad to have you!
Cap has been rather stoned this preseason, I suspect someone kicked his dog and he's taking it out on the team.

Cap has been rather stoned this preseason, I suspect someone kicked his dog and he's taking it out on the team.
Agreed.....Not sure if Aiken will be playing this week...I am more concerned about Sander's head..good to have a vet at CB..or even the third CB in..I wonder who will end up inactive??

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye