PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Waters' Locker Cleaned Out (Update: Reports Nameplate Taken Down)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Waters Locker Cleaned Out

Connolly or Thomas at RG then?

The only good thing from Waters not returning? Give Hightower #54!

Cannon at rt guard :bricks:

Connoly at center:rocker:

Any PatsFans message board spies lurking around Logan International Airport?

Re: Waters Locker Cleaned Out

If your Waters wouldn't you want to come back to the pats? He would have a great shot at another SB. AND...... If he was retiring wouldn't he have filed his papers by now? Hmmm things are getting curiouser and curiouser

Last edited:
This whole Waters issue has "retirement holdout" written all over it. Which in all fairness would be understandable, becouse Waters deserves a payrise based on last years performance.

So if I'm correct, then either:
A) They are trying to work it out / clear cap space
or
B) We are going into the season without him trying to see if we can manage without him while Waters is waiting for a phone call

Don't you think if it was a holdout the team would be fining him for not returning?

Thy aren't. So I can't see it at all.

Has photos of Brian Waters been placed on milk cartons in the New England area?

Waters will be back tomorrow or Tuesday. :)

Last edited:
So they moved lockers around and there is still one with his name and personal belongings? Yeah until that stuff and the name plate is gone, I'm going to assume he comes back. I like the theory floated around yesterday that Shank will go to temp IR to make room.

This is great! :rocker:

Back in the day, Kremlinology was a matter of figuring out the significance of who stood where in the photos when the Soviet bigwigs emerged in public. Then there was Dylanology with that guy (AJ Weberman?) who used to go through Dylan's trash cans.

Now we've got Foxborology -- based on close analysis of the Patriots players lockers and their contents. Perfect for all obsessives.

(As a small contribution. I can't make sense of the moves this off-season without thinking that the Patriots' desire not to have some vets on the roster in week 1 and hence having their season's salary guaranteed is playing a big role. Does that affect the BW situation?)

Don't you think if it was a holdout the team would be fining him for not returning?

Thy aren't. So I can't see it at all.

Can they fine him if he is officially "contemplating retirement"? I think not.

Hence the term retirement holdout.

Last edited:
From what I understand, they take all of the lockers out and replace them with larger ones, when the team is 53 rather than 90 players. They also move players around, so there's absolutely nothing to this "cleaned out" business at all.

There is a report going around, however, that he had breakfast this morning and lunch this afternoon, and some reporters are speculating about the impact of that on his fitness for football.

Last edited:
From what I understand, they take all of the lockers out and replace them with larger ones, when the team is 53 rather than 90 players. They also move players around, so there's absolutely nothing to this "cleaned out" business at all.

There is a report going around, however, that he had breakfast this morning and lunch this afternoon, and some reporters are speculating about the impact of that on his fitness for football.

Elvis Presley has been spotted more often than Brian Waters since training camp began. Enough already.

Attachments

• waters.jpg
    waters.jpg
    19.8 KB · Views: 400
Elvis Presley has been spotted more often than Brian Waters since training camp began. Enough already.

But honestly, Elvis gets spotted quite often.

Waters sightings (or sightings related to Waters) are much more scarce.

So let me get this straight. Water's locker could be cleaned out or moved which could signal that he isn't coming back or mean nothing at all.

I love the Pats secrecy and yet hate the Pats secrecy.

Last edited:
So let me get this straight. Water's locker could be cleaned out or moved which could signal that he isn't coming back or mean nothing at all.

You're pretty close, I think. But you also have to account for the gravitational effect of moving the lockers of o-linemen vs. defensive backs, who have lower mass. The resulting tidal shift appears to have washed an extra practice squad fullback onto shore.

Can they fine him if he is officially "contemplating retirement"? I think not.

Hence the term retirement holdout.

Yes they can, he is under contract and has not filed papers to retire. Thus can be fined.

Any word on his body language at these meals?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes