Welcome to PatsFans.com

Watching Tom Brady v. Peyton Manning - what a treat!

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by signbabybrady, Oct 8, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. signbabybrady

signbabybrady Rookie

Ratings:
    +79 / 1 / -1

#24 Jersey

Watching Brady and Manning play is something special. Yesterday both teams ran an up tempo no huddle game most of the way. We had 94 total plays on offense and they had 66 for a whopping total of 160 plays that's enough plays to wonder if a third team might have been playing too.

For a little context we rushed the ball 54 times yesterday theJaguars had 53 total plays.

We basically got an extra halfs worth of football yesterday.

Honestly yesterdays game was hard to keep up with. Many plays were still being celebrated in the stands or discussed and the next play was starting. And since the Pats pulled out the win I would say yesterday was nothing short of masterful and credit really goes to our coaching staff too.
  2. PatsFanSince74

PatsFanSince74 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +64 / 1 / -1

As an "older" fan, I like it when Foxboro Fans appreciate what they have been privileged to watch first hand, not just in Brady alone but in the P. Manning--Brady rivalry. 13 head to head games is remarkable and makes this the greatest head to head QB rivalry of all time.

The only other dominant QB's whose careers almost entirely overlapped in the SB era were Bradshaw and Staubach, but they only met in two Super Bowls. Montana didn't overlap with Staubach's prime in the NFC nor did he play Marino.
    Last edited: Oct 8, 2012
  3. vuudu

vuudu Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Watching Manning against your team is not a treat unless you win. It is torturous really. The guy is a monster, a very good one. I respect him, but I don't enjoy watching my team against him. Now, if he is playing the Jets or Steelers, or Ravens, that I do enjoy.
  4. PatsDeb

PatsDeb PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +40 / 0 / -1

It WAS a great game to watch! Exciting each time either offense took the field. I am so thankful that Willis McGahee decided to have a bad game! I had visions of us letting this one slip away in the 4th. Although our D still needs work in the secondary, we are much improved in forcing turnovers. Go Pats!!
  5. upstater1

upstater1 Rookie

Ratings:
    +43 / 4 / -3

Great thread. I feel the same way.

If I were a Colts fan, I'd never have wanted them to let Manning go. I would have cried watching the Patriots and the Broncos yesterday.

I'm sorry, life is too short, and I'm too much of a sentimental bastard to let opportunities like this get wasted. You have to enjoy it while it's happening.

Too many people these days are playing fantasy football. I'm actually culling my lists of who to invite over for games, or even those who attend live games with me, for precisely this reason.

Life is short. Enjoy the games.
  6. Reckedtrek

Reckedtrek Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Watching the Pats play Manning is like living by tall trees and a hurricane rolls through. When it's all said and done, it was thrilling, but you're glad it's over and the house didn't get crushed.
  7. Fball

Fball Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

A playoff rematch is a real possibility. The Broncos just have to beat out the Chargers for their division. Looking at their schedule, the hardest part is basically over...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.