PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Watching Ridley on YouTube

Status
Not open for further replies.
.....the other thing I like is he doesn't play in some MiddleWestCentralRiverValley Conference.

That's a 1000 yards and close to 5 ypc in the SEC. Not that shabby.

Lotsa people dont get that when you say it. The SEC plays the game FAST. NFL fast. So you are looking at a guy playing at NFL game speed +-. The ACC is almost like that too, but much more physical. These conferences produce massive amounts of pro picks every year for a reason.

Loved watching him convert some tough 3&2s vs UF and UNC. Also had a great short TD run where he made a nice delay cut in the backfield and burst through the line for six. This kid could be a great closer in the fourth.

Other highlights I saw really showcased his balance. I'm starting to like this pick better than Vereen. At the very least, Ridley has the superior football name. ;)

Im in love with this kids physicality, straight down hill runner smashing would be tacklers. Im really liking this pick

Better yet he platooned at LSU and while he played all four year, he didn't have the big 1200 yard season until his senior year. So he doesn't have too many carries. Every RB, but especially the bruisers, have only a certain number of carries in them...

For example, San Diego was stupid to keep Ladanian Thomlinson, and let his backup Michael Turner go to the Atlanta Falcons.

Last edited:
Guy looks like he can play in the NFL. The music helps a little too :)

Really his only knock was experience, but when he did get in there he was great. He can only improve from here. There still a lot of tread on the tires.

On draft day when people on here were saying he would convert into a FB I assumed he was a ball, like Tolbert at SD but this kid looks like a legit RB with a lot more speed than I thought he would have when people were branding him a FB.

Fans will love him.

He's what we needed vs Indy in 2009. Vs San Diego in 2010.

3rd and 2? 4th and 2? Hand it to this guy and he'll get you the 2 yards there. When Benny got stuffed vs the Chargers on 4th and 1, hand it to this guy and he'll get you the yard.

A closer. Exactly what was needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey