PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Watching LSU-Arkansas, I'm convinced....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please, compare the awareness and intelligence of running QBs to the likes of Brady, Manning, Favre, Montana, Marino, etc. etc... the list goes on and on. And I obviously know that there are EXCEPTIONS to every rule, I'm saying the overwhelming MAJORITY. And thanks for bringing up Vince Young... how's that working out? Career rating of 65.

Hey is this the right thread to make thinly-veiled racist statements?

Here is a top 100 list from GBN. It's still early but being in the top 5 may not be that good if we can't trade. Maybe it's time to hope that SF wins a few games so we are in the top 15. Then teams may want to trade up for a QB.

http://www.gbnreport.com/top100.html

Hey is this the right thread to make thinly-veiled racist statements?

I don't see how I'm being racist... do you know how many books/studies there are proving this?

Please, compare the awareness and intelligence of running QBs to the likes of Brady, Manning, Favre, Montana, Marino, etc. etc... the list goes on and on. And I obviously know that there are EXCEPTIONS to every rule, I'm saying the overwhelming MAJORITY. And thanks for bringing up Vince Young... how's that working out? Career rating of 65.

QBs in order from most runs
1. Young 66
2. Garrard 35
3. Garcia 32
4. McNabb 30
5. Cutler 26
6. Hassellbeck 25
7. Favre 22

passer rating rankings
Garrard #4
Favre #5
Garcia #6
Hasselbeck #7
Cutler #9
McNabb #16
Young #30

i only consider VY the only real running QB in NFL
McNabb was/might be a top 5 QB..Garrard is doing well.

African Americans are naturally faster in general than whites because of the fibers. Thats why majority of NFL skill positions are African Americans

im sure if Tom Brady had the ability..he wouldnt throw ball away..take a sack or force a throw if he can pick up some yards with his feet. I dont see anything wrong with running..as long as ur a good passer as well..which all but Young are

Steve Young used to run around a lot - he was a pretty smart player.

Drew Bledsoe stood like a statue - and he was a stupid player. I don't see the relationship.

John Elway used to hold all the QB rushing records - he was a pretty smart player.

Steve McNair was a great player.

I think you're just overreacting to Vick and VY. There's no relationship b/w mobility and football intelligence. FWIW, I think VY will prove to be an excellent NFL QB.

Remix 6 said:
African Americans are naturally faster in general than whites because of the fibers. Thats why majority of NFL skill positions are African Americans

Definitely, I'm not disputing the scientific correctness of that, just as you shouldn't refute the research proving that blacks (in general again!!! for some reason you all keeping on throwing out 3-4 names and think that changes the argument) are less intelligent than whites. All I'm saying is that this has been reflected in the QB play, mostly in college where it is VERY evident, but the NFL has seen the impact as well. If you want to have an argument, at least bring in logical facts, rather than just shooting everything down as racist like I know we've become accustomed to in society now.

mcfadden looks like a wr. if you like him..you will love maroney ! and mar doesnt fumble. not at all impressed by mcf.

HUH did you even watch the football game??

Arkansas just UPSET #1 ranked LSU 50-48!
Mcfadden was EXTRAORDINARY and played a HUGE role in that upset!

His stat line for the game -

On the ground:
32 rushes 205 yards 3 touchdowns

Through the air:
3/6 34 yards 1 TD

http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaaf/boxscore?gid=200711230076

The kid does it ALL.

Last edited:
you shouldn't refute the research proving that blacks (in general again!!! for some reason you all keeping on throwing out 3-4 names and think that changes the argument) are less intelligent than whites.

Can you cite some sources that aren't published by the Ku Klux Klan or Aryan Brotherhood Press?

Or are you referring to that disgraced geneticist who stated there was DNA proof of such and then retired in shame a week later?

I may be the only one, but I was not overly impressed by McFadden today. I didn't see him pushing many piles or running over people, and he got stood up on numerous occasions. On his long TD run, he would have been run down by LSU if not for blocking by his teammates. He was even taken out on big plays in the end of the game (2 point conversion). I expect McFadden to be a solid pro, but when taking a RB at #2 overall, I expect someone who can outrun DBs and run over LBs. Not to mention the 3 fumbles today. I may be picky, but for a #2 pick, i was not overly impressed.

Last edited:
HUH did you even watch the football game??

Arkansas just UPSET #1 ranked LSU 50-48!
Mcfadden was EXTRAORDINARY and played a HUGE role in that upset!

His stat line for the game -

On the ground:
32 rushes 205 yards 3 touchdowns

Through the air:
3/6 34 yards 1 TD

http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaaf/boxscore?gid=200711230076

The kid does it ALL.
I only caught the end of it, a couple of the OT's. But what I noticed was, Mcfadden was on the bench in at least two crucial plays in OT. Kind of like when Reggie Bush was out in the deciding play of the title game. I don't understand how someone who is supposed to be one of the best sits out a play in which essentially is the season on the line. At least have the player out there as a decoy.

you shouldn't refute the research proving that blacks are less intelligent than whites. .

Buddy, this is just plain stupid. There is no research showing that any race is more or less intelligent than another.

Definitely, I'm not disputing the scientific correctness of that, just as you shouldn't refute the research proving that blacks (in general again!!! for some reason you all keeping on throwing out 3-4 names and think that changes the argument) are less intelligent than whites. All I'm saying is that this has been reflected in the QB play, mostly in college where it is VERY evident, but the NFL has seen the impact as well. If you want to have an argument, at least bring in logical facts, rather than just shooting everything down as racist like I know we've become accustomed to in society now.

Oh, my.

Blacks as a group are a little above average vs. whites in running and jumping. This makes a huge difference to success in sporting roles that REALLY stress running and jumping -- i.e., they're mainly played by black guys -- but much less in ones where you merely have to be a lot faster than non-athletes (e.g. OL, baseball).

Football players, by way of contrast, don't really have to be above average in intelligence much, if at all. Just think of their SAT scores. So the idea that blacks lack the brains to be topnotch NFL QBs is utterly ridiculous, and would ridiculous even if every study purporting to show a slight racial intelligence difference would be shown to be correct.

And what's more, in the areas where "brains" are really necessary -- namely, quick recognition and mental reflexes -- you probably won't even be able to find that those studies have been done at all!!!!!

If you figure 10 year careers, the NFL really needs only about 3 quality starting QBs per year. We needn't panic.

Definitely, I'm not disputing the scientific correctness of that, just as you shouldn't refute the research proving that blacks (in general again!!! for some reason you all keeping on throwing out 3-4 names and think that changes the argument) are less intelligent than whites. .

Please give us a link in which there is scientific evidence that states blacks are less intelligent then whites. I've heard that reasoning before, but don't want to embarrass you with the sources.
BTW, Southwest is offering some very good fares.

You are a racist POS. Seriously you are bringing up the fact that you have "scientific proof" that blacks are less intelligent than whites to show why QB play has been deminishing? What about white QBs playing like **** as well? There are twice as many white qbs as black, yet you seem to keep implying that it is the black ones that is making the position inferior to what it used to be (because they are less intelligent).

You are a racist POS. Seriously you are bringing up the fact that you have "scientific proof" that blacks are less intelligent than whites to show why QB play has been deminishing? What about white QBs playing like **** as well? There are twice as many white qbs as black, yet you seem to keep implying that it is the black ones that is making the position inferior to what it used to be (because they are less intelligent).

hes an idiot

Ben Watson = genius

nuff said

....the level of quality in NFL QB's is going to severely decline in the coming years. Look at the offenses of some of today's top programs- LSU, Florida - how many rely on the QB threading the needle? Too many "option" QB's who are a bigger threat to run than pass. Tim Tebow is going to win the Heisman and he can't execute the 2-minute drill to save his life.

Enjoy these days of Brady and Manning while you can. Even today I can tell the quality of NFL QB's is getting worse.

You do realize that Tebow is a sophomore, right? And he is the highest rated passer in the NCAA? Maybe these guys are just executing the offense that their college head coach wants them to. I think this is a half decent quarterback class this year, I would take some of these so called "option" guys over "thread the needle guys" like Eli Manning or Philip Rivers. I am not the biggest fan of Ben Roethlisberger, but he certainly is better than them in part to his mobility.

There are plenty of good QBs in college. However. If QBs can't keep INTs down and Comp% up in college why do NFL teams think they will now? I believe most top collee QBs never learn pocket presence because they always have had amazing pass blocking. Once they face a pass rush they fold. Just like Troy Smith vs. Florida in last years BCS title game. Quick release helps but making good, quick decisions helps even more. David Carr and Alex Smith have all the tools but Matt Shaub and Tony Romo make plays and win games.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back