PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Watching Fins - Panthers Tonight

Status
Not open for further replies.
Culpepper looks pretty good -- his knee seems spry, and he's dealing with pressure well...

... but wasn't this supposed to be a "vertical" passing game? I saw little but dinks & dunks, save the 30 yard pass to Chambers in the endzone that was called back by penalty.

I'll give the Dolphins their due, all around they have looked good except with the running game because someone or a few people on their offensive line totally blow at blocking on the run. Sey, Wilfork and Warren should have a field day with them :)

Culpeppers passes were dink and dunks with yardage after the catch a lot of the time. Chambers pushed off and it was blatant, he would not have caught it if he didnt push off. Daunte did a decent job but he made a few lame passes. Like when he threw the ball at his recievers foot on the screen early on.

Last edited:
I thought Chris Gamble was a lot better than he is showing tonight. Playing like Duane Starks.

Not having Smith makes the Carolina offense look very slow.

Travelle Wharton needs to improve if Carolina can advance deep in the playoffs.

It looks like the Dolphin O-line can pass block, as they have created good pockets for both Culpepper and Harrington.

Last edited:
Pat_Nasty said:
Culpepper looks pretty good -- his knee seems spry, and he's dealing with pressure well...

... but wasn't this supposed to be a "vertical" passing game? I saw little but dinks & dunks, save the 30 yard pass to Chambers in the endzone that was called back by penalty.

Do you plan on giving Carolinas Dline any credit or are we running the ball against a pop warner unit??

feelthepain said:
Do you plan on giving Carolinas Dline any credit or are we running the ball against a pop warner unit??

Do you plan on doing anything better with your time than stirring junk on a PATRIOTS board when the Dolphins are playing the PANTHERS?

I think Miami will be tough Saban has them going in the right direction. Game 5 (versus Miami) is going to be one of the most important matchups all year.

Yep, there we go.

It was only a matter of time before they started talking about the Dolphins and Patriots. And it was only a matter of time before "Vinatieri" was mentioned from there.

feelthepain said:

You know, there's another DL out there which rivals that of the Panthers.

You know, the one with 3 (4 including Sullivan) 1st round picks, and the best DL in the league...

...Nope, that team just doesn't come to mind...

Deangelo Williams looked very good tonight. The Panthers are a likeable team, and I hope Williams does well, but I still think DeShaun Foster will be the main back THIS year. Kinda like Deuce in NO.

BradyisGod said:
Do you plan on doing anything better with your time than stirring junk on a PATRIOTS board when the Dolphins are playing the PANTHERS?

Opps sorry, I didn't relize this was the two year old forum!

feelthepain said:

I agree. Thats one heck of a DL when Jenkins in particular is healthy.

I expect, given time to prepare more thoroughly, (like a regular season game), the Fins OL coach would have them better prepared for the Panthers schemes, much like the Pats OL did for sb 38.

tailgater said:
It'll be interesting to see how Mankins does against him.

Last edited:
jczxohn1 said:
tailgater said:
It'll be interesting to see how Mankins does against him.
That would have to be in the Super Bowl. That's the only way we can play the Panthers this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back