PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Watching Cowboys vs 49ers NFCC on espn classic

Status
Not open for further replies.

VJCPatriot

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
Looking at Young and Aikman play in their primes I think to myself wow these guys had great receivers to throw to. Young had Rice, Taylor, and Brent Jones. Aikman had Irvin, Harper, and Novacek.

Brady has won 3 superbowls with exactly who as his receivers? Troy Brown at his prime was probably Brady's best pass target. I love Troy but he ain't no Jerry Rice. Watching this game I gotta wonder where Brady would be if he had just one stud receiver to throw to.

Looking at Young and Aikman play in their primes I think to myself wow these guys had great receivers to throw to. Young had Rice, Taylor, and Brent Jones. Aikman had Irvin, Harper, and Novacek.

Brady has won 3 superbowls with exactly who as his receivers? Troy Brown at his prime was probably Brady's best pass target. I love Troy but he ain't no Jerry Rice. Watching this game I gotta wonder where Brady would be if he had just one stud receiver to throw to.

Branch in 2003/2004/2005 and Troy in 2001/2002 were the only #1s that Brady has had, and besides Troy's 2001 campaign, none of them have produced as you'd expect a #1 WR to on any other team in the NFL. Hopefully Jackson works out and Reche continues to improve. Hopefully they draft another good WR or make a FA signing. Brady deserves to spend some of his prime with a couple of 'great' WRs..

I always go back to Manning....... How great would Brady look with Marvin and Wayne....

Yeah I guess Branch was our de facto #1 in 2002-2004 but he doesn't have the ability to make me think Rice or Irvin. Heck Harper stretched the field better. That was an incredible 70 yard catch Harper made in a huge game. Probably drove the stake into the 49ers with that play.

I guess that's why I am hopeful that Jackson pans out. Brady deserves a good WR to throw to. It would be even nicer if he had a decent tandem. That's why I think the Pats will draft WR again next year. We replaced Givens with Caldwell but the Pats really don't have that outstanding #1 wideout yet.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back