Welcome to PatsFans.com

watch the GOP get crushed in the Midterm...

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Holy Diver, Oct 28, 2010.

1. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

2. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +107 / 7 / -10

Pretty funny, commentary from Moyers, Cronkite and Rather? 3 of the biggest lib bootlickers in the history of the MSM.
  3. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

Heh, heh, heh.

I love observing the "left" and the "right" going at each other like there's some sort of real differences. Cracks me up. I think that's what makes politics interesting. People who would normally get along and have so much more in common than not act as if they were the world's most bitter enemies. Mid-term season is the wierdest thing. I blame Obama.
  4. PatsFanInVa

PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +282 / 5 / -8

Yeah mannnnn that MSM mannnnnnn, I mean I read Time Magazine on airplanes... but you should just run a big collage...

YouTube - Dylan Busts The Media | 1965

My God, hacks like Walter Cronkite... that MSM really needs to go to the drudge report more often... Walter Cronkite, mannnnnn, Walter Cronkite...
  5. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

Bob Dylan.
    He's an odd cat, huh?
  6. PatsFanInVa

Ratings:
    +282 / 5 / -8

LOL... yeah, but at least didn't run for anything...

Liked him a lot actually, but you have no idea how tired I get of everybody thinking that if the media isn't their own personal propaganda arm (like Fox) they're the "problem."

Yep there's a profit motive in media, so they lean right in general, because the right is all about corporate largesse. But you can discern the outlines of what's going on if you stick to the real outlets, the Cronkites if you will.

RW is among those who actually believe real journalism to be liberal, because from his point of view reality -- hell, even math -- has a left-wing bias.

(See #251, where I say 1000 people could pay 75,000 dollars... and he decides that each of them will have to pay 1000 dollars. Came up in another thread, figured I'd plop it in here too.)

http://www.patsfans.com/new-england...e-department-lets-mans-house-burn-page26.html
  7. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +248 / 3 / -2

Um, the greater MSM was absolutely left leaing. Cronkite, Rather, Brokaw, etc. The advent of the internet, and cable news, has changed that. Now us peasants can kind of tell who schilling for which team, or where someone's angle is coming from. Years ago that wasn't so. Now you know Fox is right, or the NYT's is left. That the Wpost goes left, and the Wtimes goes right.
  8. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +248 / 3 / -2

BTW, like I said before, the GOP taking the house might be in Obama's best interests. It might be the act that helps him win a 2nd term.
  9. reflexblue

reflexblue PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +20 / 3 / -0

#91 Jersey

I think heres the difference between the left and right. They Both take our money. The left gives it to poor people, the Right gives it to the Rich. I guess if i had to choose id give it to the lft.
    Last edited: Oct 28, 2010
  10. PatsFanInVa

Ratings:
    +282 / 5 / -8

LOL all I'm sayin' is whoever's taking it, at least they should be able to add, subtract, multiply, and divide.
  11. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

I was just commenting about the oversimplification we have to endure in this country's discussions about EVERYTHING! Even NASA, religion, music, and the FDA is politicized! The media, with few exceptions, is now being defined by who is "red" and "blue". My Cawminwelth is "blue". My city is "blue" but Holden and Paxton are "red" even though the unemployment, dispair, debt and failed housing market are pretty much the same everywhere and has been caused by the same things.

And then we have ameteurs running for high office who want to blame incumbent democrats for everything. Sure democrats have screwed up, but so have republicans. It's hard to tell who has done worse, but does anyone seriously believe that Massachusetts' job losses are due to Deval Patrick, Jim McGovern or Barack Obama while Haley Barbour, George Bush and Jim DeMenth had nothing to do with it?? Every state has lost hundreds of thousands of jobs. The housing bubble happened everywhere. All banks stopped lending money, not just Mass banks. Massachusetts has dispair, but can you imagine living in Nevada or California right now? How about Mississippi or South Carolina any time?

It's embarrassing and I have to hear it from foreign friends and relatives all the time. People think we're either nuts, childish, or stupid. I know that even referring to foreigners' opinions is enough to get me labelled "Blue" or some kind of international metrosexual, and it doesn't really matter to me what foreigners say, but there's that brief moment where I have to say, "Yeah, we're becoming an Idiocracy really fast".

Pay no attention to that corporation behind the curtain!
  12. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +473 / 2 / -10

#87 Jersey

If you had a choice of a big turnover in the House

or

Barney Frank loses

Which would you choose?
  13. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

That depends...is the turnover apple or blueberry?

Sorry...

Anyways, Barney is not my rep, but it seems like his constituents really like him.

I'm not concerned with a turnover that much because as you know, money rules and the only change will be a big Dem backlash when it is discovered that those who pretend to be from the "outside" will instantly be on the inside, most will become corrupted, some will become comfy in their new position and become what they decried, and a very small % will remain small govt, anti-government (how they will be that while being the gov't is still unknown), etc. I will be interested in seeing how Obama reacts to the obligatory impeachment proceedings.

The only significant change that can happen in DC is when we get the money out of politics. When that happends, then we can start to talk.
  14. reflexblue

reflexblue PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +20 / 3 / -0

#91 Jersey

I absolutely agree with everything you have said, I was just trying to boil it down to the basics. I see the RT as the party of the Rich, the Dems are the party of the working class and the poor. If i could type better i might take a stab at explaining it more in depth. from what it looks like to me its almost come down for most people, that they're on one side or the other and theres no middle. I think that the tea baggers while originally a good idea were corrupted by big corporations and others with different agendas. Its a simple case of divide and conquer.

I like you believe it IS becoming like you said an Idiocracy. A few years ago Most Americans were to busy buying all the goodies they really didn't need or afford on credit to Pay attention to what was happening to the country. Now the same people are to busy trying to pay all their debt off to pay attention to the Buying of America by corporate and Foreign MONEY. They're now to poor to pay attention.

While kids here are working on they're skate board moves, texting, or playing video games, the kids in India and China are studying to be engineers. The country is going down the tubes, there is much more focus on religion in this country than science.
    Last edited: Oct 29, 2010