Welcome to PatsFans.com

Waste and Fraud in Katrina Aid

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by mikey, Jun 26, 2006.

1. mikey

mikey Rookie

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

2. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +509 / 13 / -11

#24 Jersey

I think we all knew this was going to happen when they were handing out those damn cards. Providing temporary housing and food plus getting relief on how quickly bills need to be paid is all that should have been done.
  3. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +364 / 11 / -27

A lot of this is about doing stuff which is worthless, but is billed as a compassionate response to people in need. There is no way that the feds, state or locals can manage this stuff.. to many confused lines of command and accountability. My bro in law and family had minimal damage, but they got three cards... got his teeth fixed and new glasses.

This whole thing has been a sham since its onset, interesting to see how deep the investigation will go and who actually benefitted from all this waste. Imagine all those mobile homes sitting there and not being used, reminds me of an article read about a year ago about the mobile home villages the built in Fla after the storms of the previous year. They were in the middle of nowhere, gangs ran rampant, there was little law and were a haven for meth manufacturers.. one would deduce that we should learn from our mistakes, but wait a minute this is the federal gov't there is no waste and no accountability.
  4. Pats726

Pats726 Rookie

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0

I don't think it was a total waste...just mismanaged so that a few could take advantage of it..Basically taking advantage of a bad situation and the inept government...I think it's silly to say it is worthless..If your home was filled with 20 feet of water, you'd like some government help...Mismanagement..from the top down though..and for every one who took advantage, I am sure others who needed it got zilch...